NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

I think both sides share responsibility, but in my view one thing that seems to be damaging Liverpool is the apologists who make excuses in the media. On sky etc, I keep hearing supporters say how they could wave a green cigarrette packet or rugby ticket to walk into the stadium and how they blame the UEFA and police for allowing that.

Somehow that doesn't sounds right to me. My point is, there are some distinct problematic behaviour on our english side and I think there is an element of it which has to be faced head on. That has to be done with clarity while also pointing out what UEFA did wrong. Otherwise it'll sound like Liverpool are excusing themselves based on "2 wrongs make 1 right".

I'm well aware that the problem makers are in the minority, but for outsiders that is an internal matter. At the moment there is too much of "one side is completely to blame" going on for my liking.

It is true though you really could of got through using any ticket, their was a picture I seen (I'll try to find it) With a seas of people holding up their tickets, the fake tickets can only be recognised by a UV light on the hologram, which by all accounts was in short supply.

My final say is, We are both responsible for what happend us and UEFA but, it never happend in Istanbul, and you could argue there were more fans...

Oh and that Villa badge is horrible :|

Oh and that Villa badge is horrible :|

You'd best learn to like it, you'll be seeing it around for a good few years. Plus it has already made the old Villa badge look outdated.

You'd best learn to like it, you'll be seeing it around for a good few years. Plus it has already made the old Villa badge look outdated.

I learned to like my mother, I'll learn to like the Villa Badge I suppose :|

My final say is, We are both responsible for what happend us and UEFA but, it never happend in Istanbul, and you could argue there were more fans...
Yeah, I agree with that.

What I was saying earlier is that I think Liverpool is doing itself MORE harm because of those individuals who speak in the media putting up a defence based on UEFA's failings. It's not going down well at all. Others wrong doings does not justify your own wrong doing. UEFA is also doing that to Liverpool. It's a pretty nasty world we live in atm.

Yeah, I agree with that.

What I was saying earlier is that I think Liverpool is doing itself MORE harm because of those individuals who speak in the media putting up a defence based on UEFA's failings. It's not going down well at all. Others wrong doings does not justify your own wrong doing. UEFA is also doing that to Liverpool. It's a pretty nasty world we live in atm.

Spot on, Just hope UEFA learn lessons....but wait...UEFA never learn lessons...

I think the new badge is okay with the star on :)

Should've just stuck with the old one, and they'r a shite club anyway! lol

Should've just stuck with the old one, and they'r a shite club anyway! lol

In case you missed it first time around:

We're not Middlesbrough!

Don't make me say it again!

Spot on, Just hope UEFA learn lessons....but wait...UEFA never learn lessons...
What about Liverpool though? And perhaps all clubs for that matter. This is a difficult question because clubs don't really have much control over their own fans.

There is an irony in all this, in that some fans were walking in at the expense of other fans. It's basically an in-fighting within Liverpool fanbase, and whatever we may think of UEFA, there is a moral issue when it comes to sacrificing fellow fans for your own good. It would be bizarre to criticize UEFA for that when it's the club's own fans which are effectively generating the problem and facing the consequence of its own doing.

Obviously as far as UEFA is concerned it's no good pointing that out to shield themselves as they were badly organized, but there is a problem Liverpool has to look at. The question is, how?

What about Liverpool though? And perhaps all clubs for that matter. This is a difficult question because clubs don't really have much control over their own fans.

There is an irony in all this, in that some fans were walking in at the expense of other fans. It's basically an in-fighting within Liverpool fanbase, and whatever we may think of UEFA, there is a moral issue when it comes to sacrificing fellow fans for your own good. It would be bizarre to criticize UEFA for that when it's the club's own fans which are effectively generating the problem and facing the consequence of its own doing.

Obviously as far as UEFA is concerned it's no good pointing that out to shield themselves as they were badly organized, but there is a problem Liverpool has to look at. The question is, how?

I can't say much that hasn't been said already, other than simply it goes down to the tickets. ANy club with a fan base like ours would of experienced the exact same violence.

Not that it is an excuse for our fans beheaviour

See Houllier has stepped down as Lyon Manager..

Man City Perhaps...?

Yeah I reckon so...he has helped continue Lyon's dominance of french football, but didn't make much progress in europe, I still think he is very highly regarded and there of plenty of teams who would take him...

See Houllier has stepped down as Lyon Manager..

Man City Perhaps...?

No chance.

The Sun and The Mirror have named the England squad to play Brazil and Estonia:

Goalkeepers: Robinson (Tottenham), Carson (Liverpool), Green (West Ham).

Defenders: P Neville (Everton), R Ferdinand (Man Utd), Terry (Chelsea), Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Carragher (Liverpool), Dawson (Tottenham), King (Tottenham), Shorey (Reading).

Midfielders: Beckham (Real Madrid), Gerrard (Liverpool), Jenas (Tottenham), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Bentley (Blackburn), Carrick (Man Utd), Lampard (Chelsea), Downing (Middlesbrough), Dyer (Newcastle).

Forwards: Crouch (Liverpool), Owen (Newcastle), Smith (Man Utd), Defoe (Tottenham).

Well played chaps. I don't even know where to begin I honestly don't

Brazil 5-0 England

Estonia 3-0 England.

England are a joke these days. I used to enjoy watching them, and get genuinely excited about World Cups, European Championships and so on. I honestly don't give a shit anymore, and that's a sad reflection of what the morons in charge have done to our national team over the last few years :(

Good to see an England team with Beckham and Owen in again though.

England are a joke these days. I used to enjoy watching them, and get genuinely excited about World Cups, European Championships and so on. I honestly don't give a shit anymore, and that's a sad reflection of what the morons in charge have done to our national team over the last few years :(

Amen to that, I find myself praying Liverpool players don't get injured playing for England.

good to see mclaren wising up and selecting beckham, his form lately for madrid has been incredible - really makes u curse his move to the shitty american league, but then again with that sort of money you can understand why...

Having actualy seen Real Madrid a few times over this month he really hasn't been incredible, good at best. Bet McClaren doesnt play him anyway.

I would give Beckham a go and put Lennon on the left and see how that works.

But of course Joe Cole is back now so who knows what McClaren will do. All I know is that I will be at the England Brazil game :)

Great news to see Beckham recalled.

And I've just noticed............no Hargreaves? Is he injured or something? Get rid of fat Frank I say.

Hargreaves has been injured and is why he played for England B with Owen but I have no idea why he isnt in the main squad.

Great news about Beckham, not only is he a wonderful player but is also an inspiration to the rest of the team.

For anyone who cares, these are apparently Liverpool's new kits for next season:

LiverpoolNewKits.jpg

Black: European Kit, White: Away Kit

Haha, was just going to post the exact same images Nando! I think the white one looks ace, although a red Carlsberg logo would improve it. The black one though... :nono: