NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Ant-Shimmin I think you're slightly deluded about England. Everyone gets upset when a player they watch perform week in week out doesnt get picked. But seriously what the hell you going on about with all this London Press lark?

What London press exactly?

Right here's my team of the season:

James

Finnan Vidic Terry Taylor

Ronaldo Essien Scholes Giggs

Berbatov Drogba

I cannot believe Matty Taylor did not get a look in, in the England B squad he has been so good for us this season it is unbelievable, I'd have him in there over Shorey any day! Perhaps because he has played better in midfield this season is the reason behind leaving him out.

Ant-Shimmin I think you're slightly deluded about England. Everyone gets upset when a player they watch perform week in week out doesnt get picked. But seriously what the hell you going on about with all this London Press lark?

I belive hes talking about the fact that the sun and the mirror have been demanding Beckham back in the team since he was droped and now McClaren is under a bit of pressure he has buckled. It's not the only example, but if a player gets enough column inches they appear to always end up in the England squad even if they don't specificaly deserve a call up.

I belive hes talking about the fact that the sun and the mirror have been demanding Beckham back in the team since he was droped and now McClaren is under a bit of pressure he has buckled. It's not the only example, but if a player gets enough column inches they appear to always end up in the England squad even if they don't specificaly deserve a call up.

Since when have the sun and the mirror been London only papers? yeah they may be printed down here but they are national papers with national press and stories.

Anyway it's a pointless argument. I canny be bothered.

I'm going to think carefully about the reply, it's going to be very very long, but I am not deluded and alot of football fans out there share the same opinion as me.

Since when have the sun and the mirror been London only papers? yeah they may be printed down here but they are national papers with national press and stories.

Anyway it's a pointless argument. I canny be bothered.

It isn't a pointless argument and I am not talking about the Scum and the Mirror, I am talking about all the papers in general..

The Daily Mail and The Dail Express especially.

It also leads into another argument, but as I said I will gather my thoughts before rushing into a reply

It's not the only example, but if a player gets enough column inches they appear to always end up in the England squad even if they don't specificaly deserve a call up.

Pretty Much What I mean, but as I said once more, Ill reply in more depth another time

Im not disagreeing with you about the national papers, That's not my argument. I'm just wondering why you are singling out the London Press?

Im not disagreeing with you about the national papers, That's not my argument. I'm just wondering why you are singling out the London Press?

Because thats what the Press are, The London Press, Your Daily Mirrors, Your "ToryGraph" It's something I can't explain in a sentence or two.

Give me till tommorow and I'll have maybe a thread On it I'm not sure :smile:

Because they're published in London, and are biased towards London and the south. At least, that's the perception. I'm not going to get into a debate about it, that's a whole thread in itself. What can't be denied, however, is that the media do pretty much pick the England team. The English national team and everything about it is just a complete farce these days. I try to distance myself as much as possible from the ridiculous media circus that surrounds it.

And you Manc lot are unbelievably biased, I can't believe some of the comments you're making. Outrageous.

Because they're published in London, and are biased towards London and the south.

Not just in football, however as said it's an issue warranting another thread

It's not silly "gossipy" claims it is true The London Press pick the England Squad, hence the reason why I don't watch England much.

Is this the same London Press that limited Ian Wright's appearances for England. Give me their number, I've been after them for years, the scumbags!!

I agree the press has a strong London bias. There was a Sun match report after we played Spurs which was utterly laughable the guy writing it sounded like he was in tears.

Anyway, Man U going fucking mental in the transfer market, especially on the attacking front. Good bet for the Champions League next season if they end up with the team it looks like they're getting.

Yes Liverpool concede less goals than Man Utd but look at goals scored. Liverpool will always concede less goals as Rafa is a cautious manager unlike Ferguson. Ferguson believes in his team's ability too score more goals than the opposition. last season Rafa goes to Bolton and sticks 1 upfront while Man Utd go there and from the 1st minute attack Bolton and score 4 by half time. That is the difference between the sides.

How many times did you hear rafa on TV after losing saying how the other team scored first and that's what let the team down. You shouldn't worry about conceding first if you have the better players.

It is goals than win titles.

Yes Liverpool concede less goals than Man Utd but look at goals scored. Liverpool will always concede less goals as Rafa is a cautious manager unlike Ferguson. Ferguson believes in his team's ability too score more goals than the opposition. last season Rafa goes to Bolton and sticks 1 upfront while Man Utd go there and from the 1st minute attack Bolton and score 4 by half time. That is the difference between the sides.

How many times did you hear rafa on TV after losing saying how the other team scored first and that's what let the team down. You shouldn't worry about conceding first if you have the better players.

It is goals than win titles.

The argument was about who has the best defence, not who can win the title, we know we can't win the title because we haven't got the overall quality to compete all season.

The reason why Rafa is cautious is because we have't got the players in attacking positions to do anything in this league.

As I said before, In my view Rafa has the basis of a very strong team, he has built from the back forwards.

Reina

Finnan Agger Carra Baines?

???? Gerrard Mascherano ????

???? ????

Fill in them blanks with top quality Players, we will challenge for the league..

My guess is who is coming in

Reina

Finnan Agger Carra Baines

Simao Gerrard Mascherano Malouda

Owen Eto'o(Maybe)

i am worried, is eto going to be another shevchenko? £40m is alot of money.

souce: http://www.skysports.com

Reports in Spain claim Barcelona will fight tooth and nail to keep Samuel Eto'o in the face of renewed interest from a host of Europe's most powerful clubs.

The Cameroon striker - who is currently on international duty preparing for a match with Liberia on Saturday - has enjoyed another productive season for Barca despite a serious knee injury earlier in the campaign that sidelined him for four months.

The African has still managed to bag 13 goals - including 12 in 15 league starts - cementing his reputation as one of the continent's top marksmen.

However, renowned for his outspoken views, Eto'o has caused a certain amount of unrest at Camp Nou and had a highly-publicised fall-out with Ronaldinho earlier in the term.

It was thought that Barca were preparing to offload him this summer with Arsenal's Thierry Henry his preferred replacement, but the Catalan giants are now reported to have changed their stance.

His fine form, which has been the catalyst for Barca's resurgent title bid, has convinced the club's hierarchy to retain his services although they will make it clear to the 26-year-old that further controversial outbursts will not be tolerated.

Eto'o's list of admirers reads like a who's who of Europe's premier outfits with Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Milan and Internazionale all ready to make their move given encouragement.

Rafa Benitez, armed with a substantial summer transfer kitty, is thought to have pinpointed Eto'o as the prolific goalscorer to spearhead what is likely to be a revamped side next term with Spanish sports newspaper AS claiming an incredible €60 million (£40 million) is being readied.

They would be sure to face stiff competition for the former Mallorca hot-man, although it would now appear that Barca will shun all offers to keep hold of their coveted striker.

I think Eto'o and Ronaldhino will be at Barca next season. I don't understand some reporters. Eto'o has alread said he wants to stay for another season. does that not mean anything??

i dont see eto there next season. he will be in the premiership next season

If he was coming, £40 Million would be way too much in my opinion.. but I'm not the manager..

nah he is worth every penny. Eto'o is genuine world class and would score plenty of goals.

It doesnt make sense for Barca to sell though. They will need to replace him and unless they can get Henry which is very slim chance they are totally screwed. Eto'o being injured is the reason Barca may not win La Liga.

i think he will go to arsenal with henry going the other way. thats what i think.

To tell you the truth, I really dont want Etoo or Malouda at the Pool next season. What happened to Xabi Alonso? He'll be involved next season too, and he's world class.

Its gonna be interesting to see who Rafa invests in. Hopefully itll be some players who can live up to the expectation!

..it's alright saying all these players are 'world class'.. but Shevchenko is 'world class', and what has he really done for Chelsea..?

i really want liverpool to buy Teves he is £10m cheaper than Eto and he is proven in the premiership, eto always looks a bit fragile to me. i really dont think he will take to the premiership.

with that £10m go buy a quality left winger (although Kewill should be ok next season)

Simao is a target for the left wing, is he not? (as much as I would like him not to be)

Regarding Tevez.. £30 still seems like a lot for him I reckon. Although everyone is not a fan of Michael Owen, I feel that if we could nab him for £9 Million- do it!