favorite pokemon gen

whats your fav pokemon gen?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. whats your fav pokemon gen?

• red,blue,yellow
    • silver,gold,christal
    • ruby ,saphire ,fire red, leaf green, emerald, xd, coloseum

Red, blue, stadium, trading card game 1, pinball

This gen ruled the most because of the feeling.And how great they were for a GB game. And it was awesome to really "Catch em'all". In the others it was too boring/frustrating to have every single pokemon.

And there is no game I knew better than te red/blue ones. I think I could play it almost with my eyes closed. Awesome games and is since those I'm waiting for some similiar experience in 3d, something nintendo doesn't want to do....sadly...

yah gold silver and crystal got me, it had lots of new pokemon but it wasnt ridiculous and weird names etc. and i liked it the most, all games after that had crazy names and looks just got kind of sad.

I must confess I put more hours into Red and Blue, actually taking my squad all the way to level 100 naturally. [Ages]

But I voted Gold and Silver, just for the refreshing experience. Going back and shitting on the old gym leaders again, magical.

Then they decided to piss on you with Ruby and Sapphire, not letting you go back anywhere.

blue and red. i had blue and the first time you complete the game is brilliant. having only 150 pokemon has done it for me. i truely felt more connected to the ones i caught. but now they are just another pokemon to lvl up. the originals i had about 3 teams that i lvled to 100 before i started again. and i did it all naturally no cheating.

Gold and Silver, because it was the first game (well games) that i was actually hyped for.

Gold and Silver, no doubt about it, because of the time option, 2 large landmasses, great graphics (in its time) and many other reasons.

Hmm now im starting to think that Ruby/sapphire was the best gen. I thought the pokemon were much better. Also the whole new area with lots of new pokemon was really good, in gold and silver you still found pidgeys and rattatas and there was hardly any new pokemon. The improvements were also a lot better, like the new ablitites. Gold and silver was for me just red and blue again with just a few more pokemon and another place to visit. It didnt really sort out problems with the first game (like the lack of dragons and ghosts).

Gold silver and crystal..No other game has gotten me up early in the morning.

Thinking of my gf does that to me.

Day and Night + Kanto and Johto. Silver I got the most out of. Although Red, Blue etc had the best starters that have ever been made.

Although I completed gold I never really got into it much, Red/Blue were the best by far :)

I bet I could still name all 150 of them with a picture. :heh:

Crystal and Yellow. They both evolved the base versions of the game. Then everything went down hill after that.

Its a really hard decision for me, I loved Blue but I also loved Sapphire.

I think im going to have to go with Sapphire though, I enjoyed the story and there was also more to do.

I in my mixed feelings vote generation 1 and 2 for different reasons. Generation 1 because it had the mass appeal which can no longer be matched. Also the advancements in yellow with the pikachu, and the surfing game were great. I used a cheat to turn an onix into a pikachu with surf. Also as far as advancing the games from a technical aspect generation 2. It had night and day. Rare/Legendary pokemon that kept rushing off which made them harder to catch. The pokemon trainer assistant thing with the radio and mobile phone was a great advancement, as people you had on your contact list you could phone up for another fight, and their pkmn would advance more above your previous fight. Also Crystal stands as the most advanced so for imo, as it brought a female representative for girl gamers, rather than having to be the guy. Also the fact that it was the first game to use a day system with in game events changing by day and time.