N-Europe

2 Men jailed for the murder of a gay barman

Fierce_LiNk

Meh, Satanist Dissection "vocalist" Jon something or another was given just two years for the murder of a homosexual. He got let off early for "good behaviour," honestly, what is the world coming to? People sure can do wierd things...

Not anymore which is great (RoI not Catholic Church). The Taoiseach (Prime Minister) is attempting to put in place the same type of "Civil Partnership" legislation that is in the UK since this year for Gay and Lesbian couples.

I saw this on the news earlier and felt compelled to post it here as well. I can't believe that, even in today's day and age, that a person can get killed over something so trivial, such as their sexuality.

I agree, though I find murder of any reason is unbelievable.

As for the issue of homosexuality, I think things have moved on suddenly in the last 10 years. The problem is that by human nature, we tend to spend longer coming to terms with a new way. For example, even today you can find people who have an irrational hastred towards the Germans, Italians and Japanese because of the WW2. And that's after 60 years!

I find that there are a lot of things which move forward quicker than people can keep up with. Globalization is one of them, playing with DNA is another. The issue of homosexuality also seems to fall into this category, where the development is too quick for some people to catch up.

That's just sickening. Killing someone just beacuse they're a homosexual? Sadistic bastards. ¬¬

That's what I don't get about some people in society today, when they can't accept that something is different they go round boycotting it. When they go to extremities like this makes it even worse... :(

they can't accept that something is different they go round boycotting it. When they go to extremities like this makes it even worse... :(

My personal opinion is that it's human tendency to see the world in Black & White. It works both ways, unfortunately. Ironically this thread has exposed another side to human emotion as well, such as wanting to see those convicts getting beaten up in prison etc. That is in itself the display of Black-and-Whiteness of this situation. It's a question of which way you swing to extremism and I generally find any extremism detrimental to an overall effort to bring justice.

I think Objective thinking is the key. Emotional argument, for whichever side, usually ends up going wrong.

They'll be out in 5 years.

QFT

Sick bastards, jsut because a man is gay? Its like with christianity and some other religions that dont accept people because they are homosexual. They cant help being homosexual, its not their fault they like the same sex, why do they have to segregate?