N-Europe

What will you buy at launch?

thomaschung

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will hopefully be getting metroid, zelda and wii sports at launch and then dependin on reviews a couple more for xmas - thinkin about red steel, super monkey ball and others as and when i can afford them.

Ahh well... (snaps fingers)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess,

Metroid Prime 3,

Super Mario Galaxy (If it makes it),

Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles: The Chrystal Bearers (if the translations get done in time),

Super Monkey Ball,

Red Steel (If it gets good reviews),

The Wii console itself,

Whatever equipment you need to take it online,

2 extra controllers with the Nunchuk,

An SD card.

That will all accumulate to about £560 so i'd better start saving.

Definite Wii Purchases [AT LAUNCH]:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [i predict it will score on average 9.5/10 with editor reviews, and will not surpass Ocarina of Time, but still an essential]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Need to support this game as there are already indications that this game won't sell as many units as other Nintendo franchise offerings due to Metroid being less popular]

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Excite Truck

Wii Sports [Providing there are more than 4 sports game, about 8 would be a decent number, including extra sports such as billiards, fishing, hunting] if there are only 4, if its bundled with the system or sold at a budget price i'll purchase.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Super Mario Galaxy [Providing it is available at launch, regardless its a definite purchase]

Pending Wii Purchases [AT LAUNCH]:

Red Steel [Providing it scores at least 7/10 in reviews]

Trauma Center: Second Opinion [Providing it scores at least 7/10 in reviews]

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam [Providing it scores at least 7/10 in reviews]

Metal Slug Anthology [Providing it scores at least 7/10 in reviews]

Elebits [Providing it scores at least 7/10 in reviews]

Dragon Quest Swords [Providing it scores at least 7/10 in reviews]

Could spend as much as 600 GBP at launch if the games are good enough to warrant purchasing them.

Virtual Console Games:

Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars - SNES

Earthbound - SNES

Sin & Punishment - N64

Goldeneye N64 - If they manage to get permissions for it and has wifi multiplayer.

Dragon quest is a launch title?

Yeah, Square-Enix announced that Dragon Quest will be a Wii launch title. Wether it will be a launch title in Europe remains to be seen but definitly a launch title in Japan.:bouncy:

I can't see Super Mario Galaxy coming out launch day with Metroid and Zelda! It be too much to take! Definately May 2007 release for this.

Of course i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Launch day release but the chances of it happening are like 25%. :)

Depends.. I'l buy everything I can. I'm gonna start saving up now. I want (bolds = must-haves)

1 console

3 extra controllers

Smash Bros. Brawl

Wario Ware

Trauma Center

Final Fantasy

Exite Truck

Super Monkey Ball

Zelda Twillight Princess

Mario Galaxies

Red Steel

Wii Sports

Wii Drumming

Guest Stefkov

ill only be getting a few at lanch cos thats how much money ill have. zelda, red steel and some others, once i get what the ones are in my head which are coming out,

is smash bros a luanch title?

anyway zelda, Smash Bros if launch title, Trauma Center probably, Final Fantasy crystal chronicle (i thought the first was alright),Exite Truck, mario galaxy, wii sports.

wait thats loads. 7 games!, if ihave the money then yes, but if they are £40 then im going online and getting them a bit cheaper. to cut the list down il get

zelda, mario galaxy, wii sports, and red steel. like i said if smash bros is launch then definitely that.

None of you seem to have remembered to buy a Wii... :P

I'll be getting a Wii, a spare controller, the DVD player thingy, Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Wii sports, and Zelda: TP

My friend who I always borrow games off, and he does the same with my games, is getting Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, so I might as well say I'm getting that as well.

Probably going to get another controller, Exctie Truck, and WarioWare for christmas.

Most of you are putting games which ARENT launch games.

I will get:

Wii

3 extra controllers (to have four)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Wii Sports

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Red Steel

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

If good reviews:

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Metal Slug Anthology

Blitz: The League

Potential, must have great game concepts and reviews:

Elebits

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Thats a lot of money there, but theres 3 if us so shouldnt be too bad!!

I cant believe Wario Ware and Excite Truck arent launch games, particularly Wario!!!