N-Europe

Guest Jordan

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it for £115 and had the money to spare, also wanted one with more space than my Zune so got this.

Also, rumoured means exactly that.

I sold my iPod so I had enough to buy the new one when it came out. :heh:

Did you just delete all the music I left on it or did you give some of it a listen? There's some good stuff on there I'm telling you.:blank:

I sold my iPod so I had enough to buy the new one when it came out. :heh:

Did you just delete all the music I left on it or did you give some of it a listen? There's some good stuff on there I'm telling you.:blank:

I deleted a fair bit, but did keep quite a bit too. Some of the music is great.

Also the new Ipods? Currently they probably won't be out till at least january 08 (or at least thats what seems to be believed at the moment). I'll just sell this one an ebay at christmas :santa:

With me breaking (Accidently) my Creative Zen M, I'm on the lookout for a player, I Loved the zen, but I never used the video so it was pointless of me having the video aspect of it, just wondering if theres anything along the lines f it, just lookinghere and I can only see Creatives with 1gb-4gb I need about 10 or 20 =/

Get yourself a Sandisk 1gb-4gb MP3 player for £30-60, and buy a handful of 1gb Micro SD cards.

Works a treat, and means you don't need to buy all the space in one go.

• 2 weeks later...

thought this might be the best place to post this

my mp3 player (ipod mini) broke a wee while ago and im hoping to get a new one! (yay)

i need one that is :

simple to use

preferably an ipod as i know how to use itunes

i dont know how much space - im using currently 3gb on my itunes (but dont have half my cd's on it - plus the ones i want to put on it and buy :))

oh - and if i buy a new ipod, can i transfer my old itunes onto the new ipod?

gah - i know nothing :(

i need help - i dont wanna get ripped off

my mp3 player (ipod mini) broke a wee while ago and im hoping to get a new one! (yay)

i need one that is :

simple to use

i dont know how much space - im using currently 3gb on my itunes (but dont have half my cd's on it - plus the ones i want to put on it and buy :))

What sort of Ipod would you want? A nano or a video? (I missed out shuffle seeing as they've got basically no space).

They are probably going to announce the new line of ipods in a few weeks, so It would probably be best to wait 'till then (sometime in septemeber).

i need one that is :

simple to use

I would wait as well, as there will most likely be a better iPod out soon. I would recommend getting a 30GB one as you're safe in the knowledge that you'll get tons more music on it in the next few years. I only had about 6-8GB on when I first got mine 18 months ago, but with podcasts, videos, and just generally having tons of music I now fill over 20.

Also, yes, iTunes can sync with any number of iPods/iPhones, it's only the iPod itself that has to sync with just one library.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommened me a new portable media device? Really looking for one which can play Videos on the move etc.

I was thinking about buying the Microsoft Zune, but can it play videos which you have recorded with Windows Media Center? (Think they are .dvr-ms files).

Also, I hear there is talk of a Zune 2? If I do decide to purchase a Zune, would it be worth waiting for the next version to be released?

Can anyone recommened me a new portable media device? Really looking for one which can play Videos on the move etc.

I was thinking about buying the Microsoft Zune, but can it play videos which you have recorded with Windows Media Center? (Think they are .dvr-ms files).

Also, I hear there is talk of a Zune 2? If I do decide to purchase a Zune, would it be worth waiting for the next version to be released?

It can't, no. I'd wait for the next zune, it shouldn't be too far away.

Im begining to sound like a broken record here but Archos are you're best bet. Still untouched where portable video playback is concerned: better compatability, features and screens than all of it's competitors.

I'm genuinely shocked Apple didn't release a serious competitor to they're products today! I was expecting a proper video iPod?!?!?

Im begining to sound like a broken record here but Archos are you're best bet. Still untouched where portable video playback is concerned: better compatability, features and screens than all of it's competitors.

I'm genuinely shocked Apple didn't release a serious competitor to they're products today! I was expecting a proper video iPod?!?!?

You got one, just with a tiny hard drive by contrast for now.

• 2 weeks later...

The new range of Zunes is being touted for October the 16th. A 4GB, 8GB and 80GB version are due.

The 4GB and 8GB will some in pink, red, black, or army green colors apparently. No word on the colours for the 8GB version.

It IS Microsoft your talking about there . . .

That's hilarious. :heh:

Ok lads gimme some opinions...

I will probably need a nice little MP3 player so I can travel but not take my fantastic CD collection with me. Space isn't a problem as I don't need something to put forty billion songs onto - just the Muse catalogue and a few other choice choons. I obviously wouldn't say no to some MP4 action but its not gonna make or break the deal. The only thing I am interested in is keeping the cost as low as possible as I'm no music guru so I don't really need to fork out the big bucks, know what I mean?

What I have come across are two things - the Creative Zen Powerstone Plus and the IPod Shuffle. I like the IPod Shuffles size and its capacity sounds like it would easily fit my needs, the thing I don't like is that there is no screen or anything on it as I'd rather listen to an album from start to finish rather than listen to songs randomly. I realise you can turn off the shuffling but it'd be pretty convenient still to have a screen to make choosing what to listen to that bit easier.

As for that Zen Powerstone, it sounds pretty good from what I've read. Good low price (but a dearer price to buy it in blue on Amazon for some reason!) but it has a lower battery life than the Shuffle which is an off putter.

Anyway, I'm a noob in this field so come on guys... quote me happy! :hehe:

SanDisk Sansa Clip?

Here's the cream of the crop though:

Cowon iAudio 7

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Portable_MP3_Players.1/Cowon_Systems.15/IAUDIOI74GB/iAudio_7_4GB_Portable_Media_Player.2490.html?osCsid=0c8ed9f110e3f24a54b75a3e6b48e2b7

Absolutely gorgeous, great format support and 60 hours of playback.

IAUDIO7_mainlarge.jpg

More like £100 though. :(

That's the downside.

I really don't worry that much about music and haven't listened to anything in absolute yonks, but I feel getting some little MP3 player is gonna be handier than lugging my CDs around. From what I've read that £50 area looks like it would suit my needs and I would probably be sold on that Zen Stone Plus if not for the low battery life.

I have Itunes on this computer but I've never so much as opened it. Like I said, I'm a complete noob when it comes to whats hot and whats not in this area. I don't overly care about the brand... just reliability and... low price but value for money!