Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Sarka

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks so good, beautiful boxart too. I need this game, I just hope it has more of those cutscenes. I reckon this will be a major system seller in Japan.

Nope, it won't. Though Fire Emblem games are always highly rated / respected in japan, they don't really move that many copies there. Latest FE games have sold much better in the west, and that's why Intelligent Systems have tuned series more western friendly* with each release.

* Western friendly means in this case that the difficulty level isn't mindnumbingly unfair. For example, FE7's japanese version is so goddamn unfair that it isn't simply enjoyable game.

Nope, it won't. Though Fire Emblem games are always highly rated / respected in japan, they don't really move that many copies there. Latest FE games have sold much better in the west, and that's why Intelligent Systems have tuned series more western friendly* with each release.

* Western friendly means in this case that the difficulty level isn't mindnumbingly unfair. For example, FE7's japanese version is so goddamn unfair that it isn't simply enjoyable game.

I'm curious to see the sales there though.

I mean... it's so obvious why Path of Radiance sold like 150.000 units in japan; GC was practically dead by then, this time and if Nintendo advertises it... I wanna see how far it goes.

Nintendo doing RPG's shortly after the launch of a console is really to open the doors for more of them, so... let's see the impact of this one.

Clearly there are a load of characters that are being reused, you can see that from the screens. It's also set in the same place!

They did say all the other characters bar the main two would be new, but I swear Ranulf was in that trailer.

I hope more of the characters from PoR returns. I didn't see Elincia though.

They did say all the other characters bar the main two would be new, but I swear Ranulf was in that trailer.

I hope more of the characters from PoR returns. I didn't see Elincia though.

Well, Jill is in the that post by Dante. And we've seen a few others too. Reyson, Ranulf and Elincia. I reckon a few will be making appearances. Is IKE out though?

when is this game due out here?

my main problem with the wii is outside of zelda there are no really great adventures for now to really sink my teeth into not sure what is gonna come first out of the likes of this and others...

so really keen to give fire emblem a go with this in mind, even if it doesnt make much use of the wii remote etc...

Yes, I've seen him:

18138scan08122520lofr8.jpg

Sadly I don't have a bigger image. :( But I'd say it's safe to assume it's him.

It's Ike allright, but is it a shot from Goddess of Dawn, or Path of Radiance? I'm quite sure that those characters are at the Daein border there, from chapter 18. The scene looks remarkably familiar...

The game is looking pretty awesome, though I have that opinion on most Fire Emblems, heh. Here's hoping it gets released this year over here (I'm kinda predicting Christmas...)

It's Ike allright, but is it a shot from Goddess of Dawn, or Path of Radiance? I'm quite sure that those characters are at the Daein border there, from chapter 18. The scene looks remarkably familiar...

The game is looking pretty awesome, though I have that opinion on most Fire Emblems, heh. Here's hoping it gets released this year over here (I'm kinda predicting Christmas...)

It was in a Goddess of Dawn Scan :woops:

this one:

18138_scan_08_122_520lo.jpg

I don't understand Japanese though.

Good to see you posting on the Fire Emblem thread, I always recalled you as a fan :)

my main problem with the wii is outside of zelda there are no really great adventures for now to really sink my teeth into not sure what is gonna come first out of the likes of this and others...

so really keen to give fire emblem a go with this in mind, even if it doesnt make much use of the wii remote etc...

Exactly, the Wii is a great console for multiplayer fun, as I have discovered, but i'm getting tired of party game after party game and a massive lack of epics. Wii needs some RPG loving, and this is going to be immense. Non fire emblem players buy PoR, I got it a few months ago and my oh my i don't regret it.

I reckon this'll be the best selling FE game worldwide yet.

Good to see you posting on the Fire Emblem thread, I always recalled you as a fan :)

Heh, yeah, quite the Fire Emblem nutter me. I'm always browsing threads, including this one, I just can't think of what to contribute most of the time. Seems to be a lot of argueing these days...

Anyway, bad news regarding the pic you posted. Checking chapter 18 myself (Those 5 save files come in handy eh), I managed to notice that exact shot. Sorry :hmm:. But hey, there's still the possibility of Ike returning.