Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

England Team Discussion

Stocka

NOTE: This is the "World Cup Germany 2006 - England Squad Named" named thread that was in General Chit Chat, in case anyone is wondering.

Please use this thread if you want to talk about any news/players/starting line ups regarding the England team. To discuss matches please use the the Group B thread here, http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6612

GK: Paul Robinson

GK: David James

GK: Scott Carson

Defender: Gary Neville

Defender: Rio Ferdinand

Defender: John Terry

Defender: Ashley Cole

Defender: Sol Campbell

Defender: Jamie Carragher

Defender: Wayne Bridge

Midfielder: David Beckham

Midfielder: Michael Carrick

Midfielder: Frank Lampard

Midfielder: Steven Gerrard

Midfielder: Owen Hargreaves

Midfielder: Jermaine Jenas

Midfielder: Stewart Downing

Midfielder: Joe Cole

Midfielder: Aaron Lennon

Forward: Wayne Rooney

Forward: Michael Owen

Forward: Peter Crouch

Forward: Theo Walcott

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo Walcott? Sven has got to be having a laugh there. He hasn't even played in the Premiership for goodness sake. I'm sorry but this is a disgrace, there must be at least 20 more suitable strikers than him. :mad:

What the hell is Jenas and Hargreaves doing there? Wright-Philips and King (if he isn't injured) are so much better, even Kevin Nolan is better.

The selection of Theo Walcott has annoyed me. How ever much I like Arsenal Englishmen (however limited) appear in England line ups, a 17 year old lad who has never played a highly competitive match should not be selected for the worlds biggest footballing competition. Much more experienced goal scorers are needed, his time will come but its not now. I shall eat my words if he does play and is amazing and wins us the competition.

Copy and pasted from the other football topic

Defoe should be a forward instead of Walcott, and Wright Phillips should be in there aswell. Also, I doubt having Rooney in there is a great idea, seeing it is doubtful he will be able to play before the world cup. Otherwise, I have no quarrals.

As for Hargreaves being in the squad, I think that's a pretty good decision.

Lennon deserves his place but walcott over Bent ?? whats that all about? hargreaves over richardson?

damn sven damn

I reckon we gotta play 5 in midfield cos lets face it rooney isnt gonna be fit. We could have Carrick in the holding role with Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Joe Cole going forward to support one up front...owen or crouch (crouch can hold the ball up, cole, gerrard and lamps can run off him and get the goals)

Darren Bent must be pretty pissed of right now I mean 18 goals this season for a Charlton team that have been on holiday since January. At least Defoe was named as a back up and will blatantly replace Rooney. And Haregreaves ffs other then that no real problems with the team.

I don't get what this thing is everyone has about Theo Walcott's selection. Sure he's inexperienced but he's young, talented and has been shown to display exceptional ability. There are plenty of experienced premiership players who suck ass in comparison. Besides with Rooney looking set to play after all it's not as if we don't have enough reliable players, though I still question his fitness. then again, we may probably not need the big guns until the 2nd round with our grouping. Not so sure about the defensive tactics that the line-up suggests, but it is a workable stategy.

Serbia and Montenegro wiil make it to the finals, just you wait, we'll show you how much we rule... not.

The last time someone said something like that, Korea reached the semis'. It doesn't do well to underestimate anyone.

It's not the final list right?, doesn't it have to be slimmed down even futhure, latter this month?

Yah, he still has to name his final squad, but it's certainly an intriguing insight. Why not take an additional striker instead of one of those defenders?

Guest Stefkov

Group H Fixtures

June 14th Spain vs Ukraine ...damn electronics exam at 1!, i think the match is at 4 though, please... but its the last exam i have!!!

June 19th Saudi Arabia vs Ukraine ...YAY no exam!

June 23rd Ukraine vs Tunisia ...YAY no exam!

overall = YAY's

cant wait till Ukraine finish first or second!

We had a sweepstakes in our form at ye olde sixth form the other day. There were 25 of us, so some of us got 2 teams. Out of the hat, I got Portugal and Germany. I understand how unpredictable this whole affair is, but what chances do you guys reckon that either of these teams have of winning? I get 64 quid if one of them wins.

Basically, I want you to tell me that atleast one of them will win so my ego can masturbate go in the corner. But if you must, feel free to be realistic.

Serbia and Montenegro wiil make it to the finals, just you wait, we'll show you how much we rule... not.

SAVO! SAVO! SAVO! SAVO!

astonvillamilosevic21997odd9qs.jpg

milosevic5kh.jpg

Owen Hargreaves? There should only be one person named Owen in the England squad!

Sven's taking a big gamble putting Theo Walcott in the squad. Is he really going to risk an inexperienced player? Walcott would be better off waiting until South Africa 2010.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!