Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but that isnt a sure-fire thing that'll make it work.

If it doesn't, would a new Freeloader do the job?

I don't think the Freeloader is the problem, because your Wii can't seem to read the Brawl disc. I assume the Freeloader still loads as normal except for the noise of course?

I wonder if we are about to get a release date for EU;

Got this from game today;

Dear Mr Ducker

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

XXXXXXXX/P

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl has changed to Jun-2008. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery.

Guest Stefkov
Done, you better host the game my connection is shit.

If you meant to host at that period in time I'm sorry. I was just about to go out.

Mcmad I've added you from that thread, also some others off the top of my head Dyson, Hero of time, khilafka however you spell it :heh:, welsh gamer, can't remember who else.

After playing this for a while, with all it's fancy modes and content, I've realised that Melee is still a better fighter.

It's true. It just seems that they've made the game much more noob-friendly. Recovering has become so much easier, I can't remember a time when I was actually KO'd out of the bottom, except for being spiked. And because of it it's much harder to edgeguard. The DI in the game is so much more exaggerated that it's become easy to get out of any combo. And there's very little hitstun so I rarely have to tech. I don't mind them taking out L-cancelling and wavedashing too much, but they did add depth to the fighting system. Then there are little things that bug me, like tripping.

Having said all that, Brawl is probably the better four-player party game.

I don't really care about any of the fighting mechanics like wave-dashing because they seem trivial to me, and just because recovery moves can be simpler to use it doesn't make the game lose out, you still have to get people off outright at the end of the day.

And having played Melee after my Brawl went dead for unknown reasons, it just feels outdated, and I don't like playing it anymore.

I think Brawl is much better, and is more than a new lick of paint.

It's true. It just seems that they've made the game much more noob-friendly. Recovering has become so much easier, I can't remember a time when I was actually KO'd out of the bottom, except for being spiked. And because of it it's much harder to edgeguard. The DI in the game is so much more exaggerated that it's become easy to get out of any combo. And there's very little hitstun so I rarely have to tech. I don't mind them taking out L-cancelling and wavedashing too much, but they did add depth to the fighting system. Then there are little things that bug me, like tripping.

Having said all that, Brawl is probably the better four-player party game.

Stuff that 1% cares/knows about.

Has anyone got Molgera's theme yet or heard it on any Zelda stage?

You get in on the Great Sea stage, I have it.

And I'm in the Brawl > Melee camp, by the way, but then I never used any of the advanced techniques in Smash anyway. To be honest, I very rarely even use the shield!

At the very least I think I know about spiking... its like... meteor smashes? Or am I sounding like a noob now?

It's basically a Meteor Smash which the opponent can't cancel until the hitlag wears off. Normal Meteor Smashes can be cancelled and following that recovered from earlier.

Then there are little things that bug me, like tripping.

Man I hate tripping, I trip at least twice a match. Why they chose to punish players for moving is hard for me to understand.

As foretold, people who payed focused so much on competitive playing can't let go of Melee. At least they're not saying Brawl sucks like some people on smash central lol.

'Can't let go of melee'? That argument is old mate.

Melee is a better competitive game no question about it; brawl is terrible at 1 on 1's. I mean, i like SF: Alpha, but i prefer SFII:turbo...does that mean I'm hung up on turbo?

The fighting mechanics in Brawl just aren't..balanced. Take Pit for example, he's by FAR the best camper in the game and his recovery is ridiculous. Then compare him to Ganon or Bowser..they stand no chance against him. Melee was a game of rock, paper, scissors which depended on the way you played and what characers and levels were being used...Brawl is a game or Rock and paper...some characters just destroy others.

And yeah, as a fighting game, brawl does kind of suck if you think about. As a multiplayer it's probably above Melee though imo.

I'm certain that unbalanced characters was a big flaw in Melee...

To an extent but that was only among like the best players. An the whole 'tier list' only represents potential, so characters who were considering rubbish by many could still do very well. Also, as great as characters like fox and falco were, they could be comboed easily. I mean, my game & watch gave zell a run for his money a few times :heh:

The fighting mechanics in Brawl just aren't..balanced. Take Pit for example, he's by FAR the best camper in the game and his recovery is ridiculous. Then compare him to Ganon or Bowser..they stand no chance against him. Melee was a game of rock, paper, scissors which depended on the way you played and what characers and levels were being used...Brawl is a game or Rock and paper...some characters just destroy others.

I've K-O'd Pit loads of times with Ganon and Bowser... tbh I think it just depends on the way you play them, also Ganons final smash pwns Pits easily IMO plus it's more difficult to avoid unless your allready airborne whereas Pits final smash I find ways to avoid getting K-O'd by it quite easily. :smile: