Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats basically all the announced characters minus the 3rd party ones?

Sounds like the theory on Dojo not revealing hidden chars is right. That gives hope for there being quite a few more. I mean, in Melee there was what, 8 hidden characters? So we can expect around 6 more unannounced guys in there?

So thats basically all the announced characters minus the 3rd party ones?

Sounds like the theory on Dojo not revealing hidden chars is right. That gives hope for there being quite a few more. I mean, in Melee there was what, 8 hidden characters? So we can expect around 6 more unannounced guys in there?

Depends, i mean technically if this is THE last Smash Bros. they might end up going all out on secret characters.

Yeah, but apart from Snake and Sonic all of the Dojo characters are in the starting roster.

Theres no way in hell that they wouldn't add more in...

I think we'll see most of the Melee hidden characters (minus Pichu, Dr Mario, Roy, possibly Falco and Mewtwo) as well as a couple of new characters. Theres no point speculating on those spots as its all been said a million times before, but I can't wait to find out who it is.

The new level is a good idea, but would be a million times better with the graphics from the Melee Mushroom Kingdom levels.

They'll probably have a new normal one or bring the Melee one over

Why is the background to the new Mario level so un-Mushroom Kingdom in style?

Personally I think they've been executed poorly.

Its more of an effect...a destroyed effect

Why is the background to the new Mario level so un-Mushroom Kingdom in style?

Personally I think they've been executed poorly.

They've explained exactly why it's like that. Considering you have the Melee mushroom kingdom stages, I welcome the change in style.

They've explained exactly why it's like that. Considering you have the Melee mushroom kingdom stages, I welcome the change in style.

Oh yes they've explained haven't they:

This time around, we’ve designed a stage that recreates the layout of World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. – but with rich backgrounds added to the mix.

The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years, and it is now your battlefield.

stage23_080123a-l.jpg

Rich backgrounds my arse, it looks completely uninspired.

There's no charm of the real Mushroom Kingdom in these designs, and even if they wanted to change the style they could have done something more exciting than this horribly washed out stage.

I appreciate the effort, but something a lot better than this could have been done.

The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years, and it is now your battlefield.

Again, reading comprehension for the win!

stage23_080123b-l.jpg

This reminds me of the idiotic posts when the first pics and videos of NSMB were shown, showing a DESERT level and people said "WTF IT'S SO EMPTY!"

Funny stuff.

Again, reading comprehension for the win!

If you read my post properly you'll see that I've acknowledge the reason, I just think the design of the stage is shit.

Something so much better could have been done with the concept of this level; it could have used the art-style of Paper Mario and left out the whole post-apocalyptic theme, that would have been sweet.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!