N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I'll have to try it out, but as usual I'm inclined to stick with the remote. It's cool to see he made waggle an option so that people don't say "lol it's just stupid waggle". God I hate those people.

But I don't know I can see using all the d-pad directions being a bit hard.

I'll probably try out the Wiimote setup, but I think I'm going to stay with the Gamecube controller. This could change, but I doubt it. What I'm really happy about is the option to turn 'up to jump' off, I found it really hard to do up attacks in Melee without jumping first and still do.

And seeing as I've only got 3 Gamecube controller, I have to practice using the Wiimote + Nunchuck setup as well for the cases in which I'm forced to use it. :p

I'll probably end up going for the Nunchuck arrangement!!! It looks like a good set up and i like being able to move and jump around my room with out being fixed down by the Gamecube controller! :D

I might use the GC controller when i'm feeling lazy and just want to realax in the bean chiar. :heh:

But i'll be trying all of them out first. :)

Yeah. I have a feeling i will be able to move my fingers around a GC controller faster than across a wiimote+nunchuk setup.

But you won't even need to move your fingers around on the Wii Remote & Nunchuck Setup - Your fingers are already on all the needed buttons (except taunt).

But some people may not know if they have a normal TV or widescreen TV, and may not even know what difficult terminology like 4:3 or 16:9 means. Right? Who knows all that stuff?

So, all you have to do is check the circle that appears in the background on the screen where you choose your display setting.

I love you, Sakurai. Right now I'm having trouble figuring out if my TV supports widescreen, and BAM - Sakurai to the rescue!

Widescreen Support

This title, like most Wii titles, supports widescreen display. In other words, you can enjoy the game with full display across televisions with wider screens, too.

various15_071127a-l.jpg

This is standard display.

various15_071127b-l.jpg

This is widescreen display.

The border off the screen that cues a KO is the same for both. Choose the display mode that matches the TV you have at home.

But some people may not know if they have a normal TV or widescreen TV, and may not even know what difficult terminology like 4:3 or 16:9 means. Right? Who knows all that stuff?

So, all you have to do is check the circle that appears in the background on the screen where you choose your display setting.

various15_071127c-l.jpg

This is the correct standard ratio.

various15_071127d-l.jpg

This is the correct widescreen ratio.

various15_071127e-l.jpg

various15_071127f-l.jpg

The two shots above... Wrong.

Being able to just look at the image and know if you got your settings right is pretty huge, huh?

Ah, yes. If your television has screen size settings called Wide and Full, set your TV to Full. If you choose Wide, there is a chance the image may be shifted toward the centre of the screen.

[/Quote]

Donkey Kong

"Donkey Kong" (0:54)

Composition Supervisor: Yukio Kaneoka

Arrangement Supervisor: Hirokazu Tanaka. Ex

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.

• Check your volume settings.

He is the mainstay who has built the Nintendo sound since the days of Game & Watch: Hirokazu Tanaka.

He wasn’t included on the list of musicians until now, but he secretly joined the fray!

And then there’s this arrangement of the original Donkey Kong theme. It has gone in the direction of the unexpected, becoming completely different from the work of the other musicians.

You’ve got to hear it!

[/Quote]

Not a really good update today, at least we got some music as well which is good.

If the Mote-Chuk had an extra (accessible) face button i'd probably use that; but where B is is my block....If only i'd learnt to L-Block.

Anyway, i'll try the Mote-chuck setup to start and give it pleanty of trytime....I'd rather learn to use it that wear down more Cubetrollers...Melee killed 2 of my sticks.

I would throw myself out of the window if this game, of all games, did not have widescreen.

About the controls. I would gladly use my gamecube controller but I don't have a wavebird and playing with a cord puts it out of the question for me. So I'll either use the nunchuk or classic controller, with preference for the nunchuck, unless it isn't as comfortable as the gamecube controller. Wiimote only is completely out of the question.

various15_071127c-l.jpg

Why?

Aren't the Wii's settings good enough for Brawl?

The Wii's settings for 4:3 and 16:9 are quite weird. All games are in 720x480. It stretches it to a 16:9 resolution or shrinks to a 4:3 resolution as set

Perhaps this will be the first TRUE 16:9 game...

Oh? I thought Mario Galaxy had true Widescreen.

The rest of my games have slight black borders on my HDTV, but Galaxy fills it.

Well it does. Its just how the Wii works. It processes everything at 720x480.

4:3 is 640x480 & 16:9 is 854x480. This is pretty much half way.

Some games use it differently. Personally I think its lazy of them to do it like that :p

I could just be going off on a tangent though :p

These last messages explain why I am so confused about my TV's widescreen support.

It ain't complicated. Almost square screen = 4:3, Rectangle = 16:9

If you have a widescreen TV it tends to be blatantly obvious:

4:3

31J16YQFRNL._AA280_.jpg

16:9

215uWx-%2B9rL._AA280_.jpg

If you can't figure out the difference between those two then i worry for you...