N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

He has been said to have been announced as an assist which is good

Where did you hear that?

Dante posted that information a few pages back. He didn't mention the exact source.

I believe it to be true. Accoring to him, Tails accompanies you until you fall. He will then proceed to fly you back up (classic).

The new stage looks cool but the novelty of it will probably wear off after a few plays, I mean, did any of us really like Game and Watch Zone and Poke-Floats? They were no good for actually fighting.

That's why there are stages for fighting and others just for fun and kicks.

Flat Zone is great for killing things and multiplayer Free-For-Alls. Pokefloats and Big Blue are always exciting. (I never really understood why Poké Floats was banned from tourneys. It's not random at all.)

I loved Poke Floats. It was vibrant and colourful stage full of hazard. To be honest if you are approaching Smash Bros as a fighter, you're in the wrong game. LSD-Inspired Confusathon Party game is a more accurate description then "fighter."

That's why there's the possibility of fighting competitively or playing it like a...LSDIC Party game.:heh:

SSBM is allows more freedom than any other fighting game out there. That's the beauty of it.

Awesome stage.

Noticed the DS icon. Does that mean the DS is the missing series?(not counting nr. 13) The chances for Pikmin and Golden Sun being included look very slim now....

That symbol represents the Touch Generation. It's number 21, so there's still an unknown franchise out there.

If either the Ouendan or Agents get assist trophies, it will be the greatest thing in modern gaming history.

I've been suggesting Metroids and EBA/Ouendan to be assist trophies since they were announced. I'm still convinced they're perfect for the job.

King K. Rool is cool, but I just don't like the shape of him. He seems so unbalanced for a character in fighting game. Extremely small legs, and then a huge body, two big arms, and a kinda stupid looking face.

Eh, I think he would look weird in Brawl.

I don't like K.Rool very much, but he could surely fit. We're talking about a game that can have Snake and Kirby duking it out in a 2D plane. There's no such thing as an "weird" character.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I guess Nintendo is poorly represented as always here in Denmark.

You didn't attend last year's D3, did you? Nintendo had a whole corner of the large hall for themselves, nicely decorated in Wii-style with no less than 20 playable consoles with demos of WarioWare, Twilight Princess and Wii Sports. The atmosphere was joyful and fun. Compare with Sony, who had only about 4 PS3 consoles up and where the atmosphere was shrouded in mystery, almost like some secret lodge like the Free Masons. You only got about 20 minutes of play before you were sent out of the small area and had to get in line and wait for hours again.

Nintendo's Wii area was awarded the best area of the D3 Expo 2006. So I wouldn't say Nintendo is poorly represented here in Denmark. At least not at D3. :)

No one has said something about this image.

stage15_071022a-l.jpg

I wonder why it says "Now entering A: Peach". Is that because she just died and respawned, or what? At least that's what I think. :wtf:

So, of the so far known veteran characters, which do you guys think looks best?

I would have to say Fox. At first I was kinda eh with his new look, but damn, he is looking cool, isn't he? Although he doesn't seem to have any new attacks.

Mute city, right? Or is it Big Blue?

Mute City. God i love that level! i tend to use it during best of 7's when I play zell and he's about to win (i tend to do really well on that level). It's a shame we probs won't get it as a 'Classic level'.

King K. Rool is cool, but I just don't like the shape of him. He seems so unbalanced for a character in fighting game. Extremely small legs, and then a huge body, two big arms, and a kinda stupid looking face.

Eh, I think he would look weird in Brawl.

Ever heard of Bowser?! :heh:

"Now entering A: Peach" :p

I noticed Dante,:heh: I just forgot to say after reading everyone's posts:)

Wow Kurtle; what an exellent point you make!!!

I know Kurtle, I don't understand how no-one else has noticed.

Well we're getting mario kart level so i doubt we'd see Mute City...

And yeah, mute city is probably my favourite melee level; it's so well crafted.

It may be similar, but they could still include it as a 'classic level'.

Hope we get some different levels from the original Smash Bros this time... I'm looking at you Hyrule Castle!