N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you do play as him in SSBM?

Also, I wonder how many people will almost immediately fall off the stage just after becoming Giga Bowser, a la Giant Donkey Kong from that Donkey Kong level in SSBM?

You have to access the Debug menu (with AR).

Somehow I think Giga Bowser may be more of a hinderance (thinks of Jigglypuff). But he does look darn cool.

That's actually a really good point.

The final smash moves seem a little unbalanced from what I've seen. I mean, Link can only attack 1 enemy right? Whereas Mario attacks everyone screen and Giga bowser just kills everyone lol. I mean, you look at Kirbys move where he becomes a chef and cooks you...I can't see it working on more than 1 person at a time.

That's actually a really good point.

The final smash moves seem a little unbalanced from what I've seen. I mean, Link can only attack 1 enemy right? Whereas Mario attacks everyone screen and Giga bowser just kills everyone lol. I mean, you look at Kirbys move where he becomes a chef and cooks you...I can't see it working on more than 1 person at a time.

I don't really think that they're that unbalanced.

Mario's Final Smash hits many people, but just deals damage. Doesn't throw them out (I think). Therefore, other people could steal KO's.

Link's Final Smash can send enemies flying, but it is harder to hit several people (IF more than one).

Pikachu's is controllable, but it's so fast, probably only skilled players can use it effectively.

Giga Bowser, may be ultra powerful, but being big has its disadvantages. (See: Giga DK in Adventure Mode; Giga Yoshi in Event Mode)

Kirby's...we don't know much, but in the kirby games he could put several enemies at once in the cauldron, so it's a safe bet that he can cook several enemies at once in SSBB, as well.

Somehow I think Giga Bowser may be more of a hinderance (thinks of Jigglypuff). But he does look darn cool.

That was what I was thinking, give me Jigglypuff and he wont last long (unless he's invencible during the process).

I don't really think that they're that unbalanced.

Mario's Final Smash hits many people, but just deals damage. Doesn't throw them out (I think). Therefore, other people could steal KO's.

I think Marios final smash deals damage and subsequent to the amount of damage accumulated earlier, they will either be sent flying to doom, or JUST survive due to being virtually 0% prior to the final smash and because the fireballs are travelling at fast speeds when you are hit and the fire effect immobilises you for a second or two you'll be burning and then be pounded with more fireballs that'll knock you off the stage. Seeing that this is a final smash, I don't think it has the effect of a regular fireball where you just get damaged and thats it.

That was what I was thinking, give me Jigglypuff and he wont last long (unless he's invencible during the process).

I don't understand how Jigglypuff can pull off such an OWNAGE KO move by just sleeping... Was useful for acquiring the Mr Resetti trophy though...

How come I am reading people saying Kirby will cook enemies and that is his final smash, has this been confirmed or is this just estimation/speculation?

I have had the lottery mode music in my head for almost the past two weeks. I think I am getting bodily signals craving for this Wii software.

I think Marios final smash deals damage and subsequent to the amount of damage accumulated earlier, they will either be sent flying to doom, or JUST survive due to being virtually 0% prior to the final smash and because the fireballs are travelling at fast speeds when you are hit and the fire effect immobilises you for a second or two you'll be burning and then be pounded with more fireballs that'll knock you off the stage. Seeing that this is a final smash, I don't think it has the effect of a regular fireball where you just get damaged and thats it.

Actually, that was just a theory. It is the only reasonable explanation, if Mario's Final Smash is to have any balance at all. He can hit multiple people easily and trap them, dealing a lot of damage, but without sending them flying. It's the only disadvantage I can think of for such a powerful move.

I can be wrong, though. It is just a theory.

And for those of you saying Jigglypuff can KO Giga Bowser easily...

What' date=' you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off-balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that.

[/quote']

This means that Giga Bowser can't be sent flying.

Maybe he'll still be able to take damage, though. Who knows?

Rest isn't what I'd call a "little" attack. When playing Giga Bowser in Adventure/Event 51 lots of little attacks do not work at all against him, yet rest KO's him in one or two hits.

In Melee, lots of little attacks can keep him from attacking, I believe. There's always some little knockback on small attacks. On smash attacks and rest, there's a lot of knockback.

Small knockback means that Giga Bowser barely moves, but also means that he can't attack easily because he flinches. If the Giga Bowser from Brawl doesn't suffer from small knockback, he can't suffer large knockback, either. That's what I got from the blog.

Well if you hit him with Rest he'll go quite far I think. The blog seems to say that if you use tonnes of weak attacks he won't go far (for example, if you play as Fox and just try and f-smash him). Rest is different to this...it rocks!

And to whoever asked on how you get rest to it, just use it as Jiggs is touching them. A good way is to get Fox/Falco to 50%. Then, grab them and throw them up, jump and rest em, they won't get out of it :heh:

Has anyone thought about who the Nintendog might be an assist for?

The new secret girl; 10 year old female DS player!

Or more seriously:

Assist Trophies are for anyone I think.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!