Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could easily make a Kid Icarus mini game where you have to keep going up and such and such, just like they could have made an Ice Climbers minigame with the Smash Bros engine.

One thing that strikes me is how they could possibly accomplish 16:9 widescreen. Wouldn't it have to be stretched because of the rigid "abyss" death system. Or they'd have to make the stages bigger for widescreen and smaller for normal-o-vision, which would also mean people in wide screen and regular screen wouldn't be able to play against each other online. And stuff.

They could easily make a Kid Icarus mini game where you have to keep going up and such and such, just like they could have made an Ice Climbers minigame with the Smash Bros engine.

One thing that strikes me is how they could possibly accomplish 16:9 widescreen. Wouldn't it have to be stretched because of the rigid "abyss" death system. Or they'd have to make the stages bigger for widescreen and smaller for normal-o-vision, which would also mean people in wide screen and regular screen wouldn't be able to play against each other online. And stuff.

I don't think so, the only thing stretched in widescreen is the hud, and that's if the game doesn't come prepared for it. Everything else just gets rendered, so it's the same for everyone, only that in widescreen the background should be bigger than 4:3.

Today's update:

What is a Final Smash?

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once.and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item indeed.

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it's kind of like a powerful and personalised hammer. (Or maybe not...)

You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!

basic02_070529b-l.jpg

Final Smashes FTW.

Mario's Final Smash looks AWESOME

So just what was that massive storm of flame Mario unleashed in the movie?

That was Mario's Final Smash, the Mario Finale!

mario_070529a.jpg

He's got the Smash Ball! Mario is standing by!

mario_070529b.jpg

Ready?

mario_070529c.jpg

Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/index.html

The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it's best to release this from a slightly floating or mid-air position on either the left or right side of the screen.

If Mario launches this at you, you'd better flee!

I repeat THIS GAME WILL PWN!!!

mario_070529b.jpgmario_070529c.jpg

Wow, I wonder if Mario shouts anything when he does that move? And now I want to see what other characters like Snake and Link do with a final smash

We saw Link's one in the trailer. That massive triforce and the ferocious long-chain combo on Mario.

The Final Smash is such a great idea! This is gonna be one awesome game!

Wonder if as an item it appears just once a match (so only 1 character will ever get to use it), or more than once (but each character can only use it once)?

I hope it just appears once for the whole match resulting in a frantic race for the Smash Ball and then as soon as you realise someone's gonna get it, frantically running away from the Smash Ball!!

Hmm I hope there's a limit to how long you can keep it for or if it can be knocked out of your hands. I can see some people keeping it until the final minute for a cheap win. Like the cheap asses in Mario Kart who stay behind to get a star then catch up and use it at the end.

We've seen how it works, you grab a item, and become able to do your character's special, I can already imagine the frenzy when such item drops.

Remind you of something?

hammer.jpg

:P

Haha, we were so right, even the writeup on smashbros.com compares it with a hammer! :D

Hmm I hope there's a limit to how long you can keep it for or if it can be knocked out of your hands. I can see some people keeping it until the final minute for a cheap win. Like the cheap asses in Mario Kart who stay behind to get a star then catch up and use it at the end.

I would think you pretty much have to use it quickly otherwise it wears off. I think that is most probable.

I wonder if Warios Final smash is that huge fart he did at the end of the E3 2006 Trailer

I hope it just appears once for the whole match resulting in a frantic race for the Smash Ball and then as soon as you realise someone's gonna get it, frantically running away from the Smash Ball!!

haha Thats just how I see it, if the games still online its going to be amazing with the final smash item pops up

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!