NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I'm going for a bit of Marioage.

Well I don't use mario much but his downB has changed to the fludd if you didnt already know. He plays mostly the same otherwise. Everyone is a lot more floaty which helps with recovery.

Anyone else here play as mario that could give TysOnToast some tips?

I'm not taking part in the tournament due to their not being a fairly local participating Gamestation. However, good luck to all those taking part in the tournament tomorrow :D I expect to be full of jealously when I see photos of your new HD TVs uploaded to the forums. :)

Just have recieved the game. What is the most noob friendly character to play? Easiest to master?

I'd say Kirby really. He has some pretty strong attacks, and you can do airials and sky to ground attacks pretty easy. And he's pretty good at recoveries. I'd say he would be good for someone learning how to play the game.

Kirby, Pit, Lucario, Metaknight once you learn how to glide properly, Ike, Olimar, Pikachu

I'd say Pikachu is the easiest.

Wohoo... been playing Brawl since I got home, was bloody nervous about the "dirty lens" thing, thank god my Wii seems to be dust proof, YAY

First thing I did was try an online brawl...surprised that i only ended up with a one on one fight, would have thought all of europe would be looking for fights today. Didn't do too bad, went to sudden death and lost, picked Ike as Roy was my fav in Melee so figured I might like Ike, not bad a bit slower than Roy I felt.

Played a bit of Classic, beat it, got Falcon.

Tried Subspace Emissary, I like it. Ended up playing it for like 4 hours and didn't notice much bout the time, haha. Then I noticed the percentage complete was only at 30%, damn it's longer than i thought... i thought i was nearing the bloody end, haha.

I'm going for a bit of Marioage.

Short hop his back air on opponents. It's great for getting his opponents off the level and when you do you double jump and back air them again, and still recover.

He's wicked.

Samus is awful. Samus is awful. Samus is awful. Good thing ZS samus is so much better. Thing now is that I cant decide whether to play as ZS tomorrow/today, or stick to link who is my new samus (his better use of items allows for insane mind games and tricks just like with old samus :()

Would go with Ike but he is way too slow for my liking. Ganon I could deal with. Ike I need more practice with.

im pretty good with samus its just how you play with them the only awful characters in smash bros are Jigglypuff mr game & watch and the ice climbers

with the rest of the smashbros characters im really good

im pretty good with samus its just how you play with them the only awful characters in smash bros are Jigglypuff mr game & watch and the ice climbers

with the rest of the smashbros characters im really good

Game and Watch is EASILY one of the best characters in brawl, he's just goooood :heart:

Jiggs is indeed shit. Jiggs, Samus and Falcon are pretty much agreed on as being the 3 worst characters.

I'm hyped for the tournament now. :D Gonna play Brawl in anticipation...

Same here. I actually got up early and couldn't get back to sleep because of it :heh:

Bring on the first draw :D

I hope I can make it past the first round though.

As for Jigglypuff - they've massacred the poor thing. She/it was so awesome in melee.

EDIT: Anyone else having trouble finding opponents on random WiFi? I found one and played one Thursday morning, not been able to find anyone for the last two days. Really wierd.

EDIT: Anyone else having trouble finding opponents on random WiFi? I found one and played one Thursday morning, not been able to find anyone for the last two days. Really wierd.

The matchmaking servers are probably getting hammered, the same thing happened close after the American release. With Anyone didn't work properly then either.

Man...Just came back (early) from the Brawl Tournament...Deathjam, did you go in the end? If you did I was the dude in the sky blue Adidas hoody. I shouldn't of used Pokemon Trainer, people seemed to have honed in on charging their smash attacks waiting for the pokemon thats changing. Charizard is an utter letdown. Most of the winners were Ike players. Some guy got 10 kos with him.

The tourny was full of the most obnoxious and geeky people. You got one guy yelling out "Oh, spoilers! Spoilers!", then you got the ones hogging the game pads - one dude kept swearing when he was playing in the tourny and you can see the announcer was pissed. XD...A cool dude such as myself felt incredibly out of place :/

Overall, I'm impressed with Nintendo hosting this.

I phoned Nintendo yesterday about the dirty lens problem with my Wii and being unable to play Smash Brothers. I however did manage to get it working last night but was still hit or miss in reading the disc.

Anyway my free postage form arrived today so I've now sent my Wii away for "cleaning" *sniff* I'm missing it already. I wonder how long it will take to come back to me?

Goron texted me saying that all the people playing are a bunch of spammers! Damn it I wish I was playing, I'd rape them all up!

King V, I don't get why you were playing as Pokemon Trainer anyway, I really don't think he's any good.

Pokemon trainer's weird,his weakness is the changing of the balls, but i find squirtle to be the best, then ivysaur, chairzards too...haphazard...

who's the best player then zell? ike? he's strong, but slower than most peoples...

Hmm... depends on which situation, for one on ones I'd say that Metaknight is probably the best character. His attacks can just eat at people shields and not give them a chance to counterattack, he's excellent at dealing damage and has a couple of decent finishers as well. Other than him I'd go for either Pit, Marth, Olimar (takes a pit of practice though), Ike or Game & Watch.

Ike is indeed excellent, at first I thought he would be far too slow to be any good. But if played defensively, and use his quicker moves more (such as his neutral A combo, his tilts, back air and his B moves) he can be very dangerous. But yeah, speed characters like Metaknight will probably rape him though.

Just back. Got to the Semi-Finals and was ahead by a few points. But on the Semi-Finals, it's gutting. Was against 2 Ikes and a DK, withing the last minute I got a Final Smash, was about to use it but slid on a banana peel, Final Smash left, Ike got it, got all 3 of us and knocked all of us out and won. Was so close to winning.

And it sucked cause on the previous matches, I won by a few points and wasn't exactly close T_T

Pretty fun though. If it wasn't for that and me screwing up, i'm sure I would of won. Was doing really well up till there.

Goron texted me saying that all the people playing are a bunch of spammers! Damn it I wish I was playing, I'd rape them all up!

King V, I don't get why you were playing as Pokemon Trainer anyway, I really don't think he's any good.

There were actually a fair few true pwners.

My main is Sheik but i find him/her to be a little too risque and easily turfable. When i had Brawl I was playing well with PT and Toon Link, so they were my secondaries...But PT, never again. :shakehead ...If I lost in the first round with Sheik as I did with the PT then I would have sort of felt better.

BAh lost in the semi final. First round, it was link (me) vs three metaknight players. Suffice to say, I won with ease. Then I had to play an ike. Made it look simple and in the words of a fellow link player "you done me proud". In the semifinal though, I came up against an Lucas player who was really strong. Clearly knowed how to play the character. Thing is, he didnt even win. He came second. He seemed to always be trying to knock me out rather than picking up on the other link who murdered the final player who was ike. If it was stock I would have one, but points based time match without items is so difficult. Ah well, I know I am good with link now. 1 on 1 i feel unbeatable but if its 4 player without items, I feel a little out of my depth and struggle to kill. It's where players like Ike rule.

Just back. Got to the Semi-Finals and was ahead by a few points. But on the Semi-Finals, it's gutting. Was against 2 Ikes and a DK, withing the last minute I got a Final Smash, was about to use it but slid on a banana peel, Final Smash left, Ike got it, got all 3 of us and knocked all of us out and won. Was so close to winning.

And it sucked cause on the previous matches, I won by a few points and wasn't exactly close T_T

Pretty fun though. If it wasn't for that and me screwing up, i'm sure I would of won. Was doing really well up till there.

THERE WERE NO ITEMS IN OURS! damnit! Multi player is frustrating if there are no items as it can be an almighty chore to knock some people out if you arent a heavy hitter.

If I could have changed character after the multi brawl, I would have chosen someone like Ike for the multi, and link for the 1 - 1. So close yet so far :(

So far, and the game is matching my expectations. Before getting the game, I was expecting to main Meta Knight, Dedede and Pokémon Trainer. But at the moment, it's out of Meta Knight, DK and Luigi, followed by Falcon, Lucas, and Pokémon Trainer.

I've only played SSE as far as just passing the Fox + Diddy stage, but via classic and brawl matches, I've already unlocked Ness, Marth, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Falco and Snake.

Love the game so far. :D

Yesterday and Today i played a lot ^^ (actually surprised it got here in 3 days O_O)

My favourite characters are Wario and Snake, i simply pwn everyone with Wario.

Snake, on the other hand, is the most strategic, and i have a lot of strategy to kill someone.

Subspace Emissiary (:X) is "meh", but i love the cutscenes, so, whatever.