NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Just got a call from Nintendo to confirm my place at the tourney, though I missed it and called back and left a message, hope she could make out that I was able to go :heh:

Just got a call from Nintendo to confirm my place at the tourney, though I missed it and called back and left a message, hope she could make out that I was able to go :heh:

Yep. I just called back (I was really hoping it was a prospective job interview tho), I'm trying to figure out the point of such a pointless call.

Was that this one of mine by any chance:

Same here, Falcon is probably one of the lowest on the tier list this time, but I'm still playing with him and I'm pretty good with him still. Although I wish he was as good as in Melee or even not nerfed so bad.

I assume that that was your falcon then RL?

Nop, Zelda_Rules, even tough that match is good too

Sorry, i meant to say ZR my bad!

Your falcon ent too bad actually, but don't use falcon kick (at all). Nice use of up airs too :) Maybe try and approach with a short hopped neutral aerial (the two kicks) instead, because not only can they combo well, if your opponent blocks it you can just grab em :)

That was rather good ZR. Weren't we meant to play or something?

You've got it? If so, how is the online?

Havent tried...am trying to unlock all the chars and stages again without resorting to pressing a repeatedly

Oh and they are compatible...I just forgot to change folder hehe

I tried one match online, wasn't laggy as such and was very playable. However, you could also tell that you were playing online and not local - was the smallest of delays but it was noticeable. Good enough for online leagues and ladders tho in my opinion - everyone get signed into Major League Gaming's ladder, they've got loads of people already.

I tried one match online, wasn't laggy as such and was very playable. However, you could also tell that you were playing online and not local - was the smallest of delays but it was noticeable. Good enough for online leagues and ladders tho in my opinion - everyone get signed into Major League Gaming's ladder, they've got loads of people already.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh, professional Brawling...I'm in! ^^ (Just waiting for the Wii Carphone Warehouse promised me :/).

Hello, I own NTSC Brawl but I live in Europe. Is there any way to play online? When I'm trying, I cannot connect to the servers. It says all the time "seeking for opponents", registering, but it doesn't do anything else beyond that.

Yes you can. You can play randomly and use friend codes, though at times it out rightly doesn't work when looking for opponents.

The game is region locked for random matches (don't think it is for friends codes). When you're searching for opponents it's looking for other NTSC users, the majority of which are in America. That's why it often fails to find opponents because most are out of what the game defines as the latency limits. It's also why, when it does find opponents, theres a higher chance of a bad connection and therefore lag.

The game is region locked for random matches (don't think it is for friends codes). When you're searching for opponents it's looking for other NTSC users, the majority of which are in America. That's why it often fails to find opponents because most are out of what the game defines as the latency limits. It's also why, when it does find opponents, theres a higher chance of a bad connection and therefore lag.

Yea, random is locked I think, Friend Codes are free. Though it's not like the random matches count for anything, you don't know wh you verse anyway so you wouldn't know any better.

I can't say i've recieved a phone call yet but, I got my email a while ago.

I can't say i've recieved a phone call yet but, I got my email a while ago.

I got my phone call at 9 o'clock this morning..woke me right up!

Aslong as you have a printout of the email when you get there you should be fine :)

I got my phone call when I was out. I got phoned by seven different people in a row while I was trying to eat a Subway. The chicken was cold by the time I tucked into it :(

This is a completely off-conversation question but - if you have ONE copy of Brawl but TWO Wii's would the friend code be the same on each console because the disc is the same? Or would it still be different on each console?

This is a completely off-conversation question but - if you have ONE copy of Brawl but TWO Wii's would the friend code be the same on each console because the disc is the same? Or would it still be different on each console?

Well, if you have two copies of the game and one Wii, you'd have one friend code, it's done by the console, not the game.

Game is awesome and lag is almost non existent. Also, I swear one on one is much more fun (with items) than it is on melee but they have nerfed samus so bad, it's just so painful to play as her. Weird because zs samus is SO Much fun to play as and quite lethal. may play as her (ZS samus), or link who seems much faster than before and much more lethal, or Ike who is the new ganon, a true killing machine.

My copy arrived this morning, I've spent a good six hours on it this afternoon and I've fallen in love with it again. :D I've been trying to get in a lot of practise for the tournament on Saturday, I'm determined to get through. :heh:

You get a different friend code per console.

If anyone is wanting to get some practice in tomorrow evening sometime i'm more than willing to help. Either post in the online thread, here or PM me.

Same here, Falcon is probably one of the lowest on the tier list this time, but I'm still playing with him and I'm pretty good with him still. Although I wish he was as good as in Melee or even not nerfed so bad.

Wha? Falcon is considered low tier? :0 With the way you play him I wouldn't have thought so. In any case, Sheik must be the lowest of the lows.