NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I thought it was only phone calls they were doing, I got my e-mail at 8.10 on Tuesday morning, 48 hours later nothing.

When did you reply to their email?

Hey, I got the email confirmation, they just gave me the address of the store, rules etc and told me to bring certain proof of identity. I'm in draw 1 and must arrive for 11.15am...They make it sound so militant.

Fuck yeah I am in draw 2! See you in the final then it seems :D

Hmm havent heard anything yet. I'll email then again tomorrow to double check.

Fuck yeah I am in draw 2! See you in the final then it seems :D

Yeah ^^...So will you be bringing a GC controller? By the sounds of things it will be pretty pick and mix there.

Yeah ^^...So will you be bringing a GC controller? By the sounds of things it will be pretty pick and mix there.

Hell yeah! Im bringing two in fact, 1 for me and 1 for my mate (need to check if he has made it actually). Hopefully we will be in different draws but we did agree that there will be no mercy, although I should win as I dont have an HD set yet.

Aw man I'm in Draw 1...I've got a party the night before :P I was hoping for Draw 2.

I'm in draw 2 for Glasgow. Let's see what Shadow V7 is in.

You've had your e-mail now?

T_T

What time did you get yours at?

I got mine at 09:09 am this morning.

Damn ¬_¬

Was hoping you got yours in the aternoon and i'd get my e-mail soon. But that was quite a while ago.

I'm in Draw 1 sadly. I have no idea how big the store actually is, so I'm hoping it's not gonna be completely packed. We're expected not to leave the store too, so there better be some refreshments sold.

There is a KFC and Carribean shop near gamestation in Lewisham. May not be carribean but damn do I love the food.

So guys, what are your plans character wise? I'm going for either one of the following:

a) Sheik; Dirty evasive tactics while in FFA, needle storms, edge guarding, a bit of CQC and rally up some combos. Then when my foes are smashable transform into Zelda and play the eviction game. ^^ Chances are the n00bs probably won't see pink little old Zelda as a threat, definetly won't know about her magic side kicks. I'll be Sheik 80% of the time though.

b) Pokemon Trainer; perfect for FFAs in my opinion. Probably kick things off with Squirtle, use that up A attack charged in close range. But IvySaur will be the knockout king and maybe Charizard while spamming Rock Smash.

c) Link; Standard good all-rounder, but Link is my Plan C.

Guess I'm only worried about using annoying stages like that DS one and I wonder if items are in.

So guys, what are your plans character wise? I'm going for either one of the following:

a) Sheik; Dirty evasive tactics while in FFA, needle storms, edge guarding, a bit of CQC and rally up some combos. Then when my foes are smashable transform into Zelda and play the eviction game. ^^ Chances are the n00bs probably won't see pink little old Zelda as a threat, definetly won't know about her magic side kicks. I'll be Sheik 80% of the time though.

b) Pokemon Trainer; perfect for FFAs in my opinion. Probably kick things off with Squirtle, use that up A attack charged in close range. But IvySaur will be the knockout king and maybe Charizard while spamming Rock Smash.

c) Link; Standard good all-rounder, but Link is my Plan C.

Guess I'm only worried about using annoying stages like that DS one and I wonder if items are in.

If I were you I would go with Pokemon Trainer. While the Shiek and Zelda combo is good, I think it will waste to much time switching bwtween them both.

That's my two cents. I'm gonna go with Ike. Hard hitter for the 4 minute matches and my best character for one on ones. If for some reason I decide not to go Ike i'll probably go Metaknight. He is just so fast.

Lost interest in this one quite fast. 1/3 or 1/2 done in classic mode and 200-250 trophies. It isn't much fun doing the same boring modes over and over and over with 35+ characters. Not sure if I should keep my pre-order for the pal release. I'm only going to get knocked out in a matter of seconds anyway. This just isn't a game I can become good at no matter how much I practice, unlike MSCF.

Brawl is a multiplayer game, I can't imagine how boring it must be to finish some of those single player challenges (clearing X with all characters)

I played SSE once and I don't intend to play it again, it'll be straight one stock suicides to unlock the characters.

I know I am.

Im talking about myself :P. Im shit on melee and iv only played it for about 2 hours in total. So im only going for a laugh and to get the figurine :)

Lost interest in this one quite fast. 1/3 or 1/2 done in classic mode and 200-250 trophies. It isn't much fun doing the same boring modes over and over and over with 35+ characters. Not sure if I should keep my pre-order for the pal release. I'm only going to get knocked out in a matter of seconds anyway. This just isn't a game I can become good at no matter how much I practice, unlike MSCF.

At least the PAL version shouldn't lag as much online given that people's connections are nearer. Maybe that could fuel you? I personally plan to play in some of the online ladders around atm - plenty of really big ones - and see how it goes.

There's also the fact that more people in Europe and countries are broadband-enabled than in America. In terms of internet technology, we're miles ahead of them.