NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Is there anything I should know about Mario that's different to Melee? He's been my main character for a while, so it'd be good to know if he's better or worse, and if it's advisable to use him in the opening rounds or take my chances at laming with Ike?

Is there anything I should know about Mario that's different to Melee? He's been my main character for a while, so it'd be good to know if he's better or worse, and if it's advisable to use him in the opening rounds or take my chances at laming with Ike?

Tbh, I didn't like Mario in melee, but he's awesome in brawl! I'm assuming final Smashs are on and his one should get you a lot of kos too :)

Damn Goron that's a good point, you already have a copy of Brawl. I can see a lot of other people who've imported Brawl going though.

You'd be surprised. I mean, even if people HAVE imported Brawl they have to be free on that day. TBh I wouldn't be surprised if only 4-5 brawl players are there...I can take them once it gets to the 1 on 1s.

Just got confirmation that I'm in :) I got the confirmation email about 10 seconds after i had applied lol. Gonna get a call in the next 48 hours to be given more info...

I really hope they let you use different characters for the final. I will be heart broken if some **** knows how to use DeDeDes chaingrab and just spams it on everyone; it'd be so cheap (if you could change character i'd be dedede and kill em ;) ).

Why not use DeDeDe yourself?

Well in the american version of melee, Shiek could chaingrab ANY character to about 60% but they changed it for the PAL copy...who knows they could do the same for Dedede..*shrugs*

Ok I'm feeling kind so here's a healthy tip to anyone competing :)

Everytime you use a move in brawl, the distance it sends your opponents drastically decreases. Therefore, DON'T spam the same move over and over again (like others might) because it's gonna be pretty shit by the time your opponent gets to around 120% and you're barely getting them anywhere. Pick a move you want to KO with (kirbys/marios and foxs up smash come to mind) and keep it fresh until you're opponent is at a high %.

Oh, and GRAB the edge when it looks like your opponents up+B might grab it first.

I really really REALLY want to beat a whiny little 12 year old n00b so that when he spams attacks and I crush him he starts moaning and screaming that he lost. Would actually be so much fun.

Another reason not to use Dedede is he's pretty lame...

If I go, I'd probably end up using Ike for the first round and either Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, Marth, Wario or Pikachu for the 1-on-1s (to be honest, I have no idea who my best character is in Brawl).

If you can change your characters then I might use Ike for the 4 player matches then Link for 1 vs 1s. But i'm sure you can't change them since it uses the tournament mode in Brawl and the character can't be changed.

Another reason not to use Dedede is he's pretty lame...

If I go, I'd probably end up using Ike for the first round and either Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, Marth, Wario or Pikachu for the 1-on-1s (to be honest, I have no idea who my best character is in Brawl).

I'm just gonna use ike for every round. probably my best character.

I wonder if you will be allowed to change character. It would be so much better. Not that I would change character. :heh:

you can't change character because it's using the tourny setting :(

Looks like it's Ike for me :D Unless I maybe decide to use Dedede at the last minute.

I'll be at the Sheffield one. Even though I was awful at Melee.

I believe in you man, in fact i wish every N-Europe forumer the best of luck. Would be great if we all come back with TVs from our respective neck of the woods.

Want to wish you the best of luck man, but sorry, I want that tv more. Or even the Ipod would satisfy me. Samus was my choice in the end as I am best with her. And even then, zero suit samus (if smash balls are in) maybe a bit like sheik (please let it be so : peace: ) so it may feel like melee all over again. I warn you though, I will show no mercy! Kids, females, the old, none of that matters where smash is involved normally. And this isn't even normal circumstances!

Deathjam, Samus isn't as good as she was in Melee, a lack of crouch-cancelling in Brawl really hurts her game and her missiles aren't as powerful. Although Zero Suit Samus is very much like Sheik (if you end up using ZSS, her fsmash and tap B are very similar moves except her tap B is stronger, so use that for KOing instead).

Yeah Samus is pretty lame in brawl, her projectiles are worthless and because everyone is floaty her good recovery isn't as distinguishable.

That said, grab a final smash ball with her and you could do well :)

Guess Ill find out on friday night, just in time for saturday morning. Apprehension is now mounting.

Guess Ill find out on friday night, just in time for saturday morning. Apprehension is now mounting.

Don't worry...I'll end your suffering soon enough...soon enough. ;D

Me and my mate applied for the Sheffield tournament and get a confirmation email saying we're going to Newcastle instead haha

Anyone had their phone call yet? It's now been over 48 hours since I got the e-mail :heh:

Not me. I'm getting impatient. :heh:

more like worried we wont be in it...

Anyone had their phone call yet? It's now been over 48 hours since I got the e-mail :heh:

They said either phone call or email...I reckon they won't be arsed to phone so they'll just email. Hate talking to strangers anyway, I have to be all polite and shit. :/

I'm not fond of talking to strangers much either, though if something has to be done via the phone then i'll talk to them.

I thought it was only phone calls they were doing, I got my e-mail at 8.10 on Tuesday morning, 48 hours later nothing. I kinda think they won't phone till they have x amount of players so they can start with the draws.

Hey, I got the email confirmation, they just gave me the address of the store, rules etc and told me to bring certain proof of identity. I'm in draw 1 and must arrive for 11.15am...They make it sound so militant.

Hey, I got the email confirmation, they just gave me the address of the store, rules etc and told me to bring certain proof of identity. I'm in draw 1 and must arrive for 11.15am...They make it sound so militant.

Interesting. Better check my e-mails aswell. I know about bringing ID but that's it.

Here's hoping I have an e-mail.

Got none so far. Wonder if different stores send e-mails at different times.

I've not recieved anything either and it has been longer than 48 hours, which leads me to believe that there is a lack of people in the Glasgow tournament.