NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

There's also the fact that more people in Europe and countries are broadband-enabled than in America. In terms of internet technology, we're miles ahead of them.

Erm, you sure about that? It was my understanding that the americans have much faster connections than we do, with them not using the shitty copper wiring that BT laid down them years ago. I think they use cable or fibre optics or w/e. My memory is a bot hazy, but I am pretty sure that we are behind the americans like we are behind the east asians.

Speedtest.net should have an answer if you look at the global stats.

I doubt the average America connection is anywhere near the average Scandinavian connection tbh. Europe is miles ahead of America. But both of them are miles ahead of Britain - we do, indeed, get screwed. That said it doesn't take an 8mb connection to play an online game - 500k would suffice.

Wow....

I still haven't gotten a call or email confirming my presence at the tourny...weird. Even emailed them back on friday night and i've heard NOTHING..

Wow....

I still haven't gotten a call or email confirming my presence at the tourny...weird. Even emailed them back on friday night and i've heard NOTHING..

Same here, apart from the e-mail bit. If I haven't had an e-mail by the time I get home from work tomorrow, i'll e-mail them, then if I hear nothing i'll phone them.

I was wondering if they would even do tourney stuff over the weekends and just do it on buisness days.

Reply to the email address found near the bottom of the first email you got.

Wow....

They know you have Brawl :o

I got my e-mail today. In draw 1, e-mailed them last night saying my folk I knew had theirs and I did't :heh:

I got my e-mail today. In draw 1, e-mailed them last night saying my folk I knew had theirs and I did't :heh:

Interesting. Between receiving my email and you getting yours, I've had yet another email AND a phonecall! :D

LOL, they called me today at about 6, my, uh, mum picked up but I was doing an almighty dump at the time. What did they say?

I tried to sign up a few days ago but they were full up :( My fault for being hesitant.

LOL, they called me today at about 6, my, uh, mum picked up but I was doing an almighty dump at the time. What did they say?

"Is that Nathan?"

"Yes."

"Oh okay. This is *insert name here* from Nintendo, I'm just ringing to confirm that you're doing the Smash Showdown tournament?"

"Yes."

"Oh okay. You'll need to bring a printout of the confirmation email and some form of ID."

"Thanks."

"... Bye."

"Is that Nathan?"

"Yes."

"Oh okay. This is *insert name here* from Nintendo, I'm just ringing to confirm that you're doing the Smash Showdown tournament?"

"Yes."

"Oh okay. You'll need to bring a printout of the confirmation email and some form of ID."

"Thanks."

"... Bye."

Exactly how mine went.

My sister happened to answer the phone and she came up to me with the phone and said "your friend is on the phone". lol

Why doesn't Brawl feel like this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q3U4IVvWaqc&feature=related

You can't really replicate that sort of skill in Brawl :(

"Is that Nathan?"

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Thanks."

"... Bye."

LOL, nothing much then. It seems Nintendo employees will be at this comp in full force.

King_V, you should search in Youtube, i saw a Video there of a fight between Link and Captain Falcon, and...

MY GOD!!! It was totally awesome.

You can replicate that sort of skills on Brawl, i guarantee you of that.

You just have to be, well... you know... Good xD

OH MA GAWD!!!

TRIPLA PORTUGUESA MAFIA ATTACK

No man! We can't do that! We can't give the idea that we gang up on people!

Oh wait... That's how this mafia thing started in the first place, a few years ago.

Because people just won't let go! Learn to play Brawl, get rid of those tinted glasses, and leave that relic to its place in history.

Brawl can't compare to the level of competitiveness you got from the prequels. Fact. Smash brothers 64 just laments on that.

King_V, you should search in Youtube, i saw a Video there of a fight between Link and Captain Falcon, and...

OH MA GAWD!!!

Of course I'm 'good' in Brawl :p...and I prove my skill by playing as probably the weakest character there is; Sheik. But, man...Its just not the same. :/

Lol, that's the most hardcore thing to say, its more hardcore than people hanging to Melee.

Here's a vid about Pro gamers in Brawl. They seem to be enjoying themselves and taking a more defensive approach to the game.

I'd like to know what the pr0s here think about it (namely Zell and Goron3).

Me neither, but after quoting him, it actually worked :o

OH MA GAWD!!!

Was that this one of mine by any chance:

Of course I'm 'good' in Brawl :p...and I prove my skill by playing as probably the weakest character there is; Sheik. But, man...Its just not the same. :/

Same here, Falcon is probably one of the lowest on the tier list this time, but I'm still playing with him and I'm pretty good with him still. Although I wish he was as good as in Melee or even not nerfed so bad.