NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Completed Subspace in six hours today, then got the remaining three characters. Now onto unlocking stages!

Also, I'm convinced Nintendo have changed the frequency of CD drops in the PAL version. I tried to set up a CD factory this evening, which worked fine the few times I tried it on my US version, but I got one CD in about five minutes on PAL.

Ok i just finished Subspace Emisary, (not 100%... yet) and have unlocked all Characters.

Up until the last part (Great Maze) i was thinking, why are people putting this down i love it. But that great maze has nothing great about it, it just screams FILLER.

Was also dissapointed that Sonic didn't appear till like the very last scene, I mean WTF? I was hoping to see some cool fan service scenes with Mario and Sonic like the rest of the SSE moments.... guess he really was a last minute edition.... or they just couldn't think of a good way to use him... but they managed to use Snake pretty well so why not Sonic.

Also disappointed that there was still 3 characters that you don't come across during the regular course of SSE, why? That was annoying having to go back from them, why I saw i still had 4 characters left (including sonic) i thought there was still a fair bit of story hidden there somewhere, but they just went for the cop out like with the maze, shame they could have really made it better...

Though i guess that's something they'll plan for the next consoles version whenever that may be.

Anyway I finally got Sonic unlocked and I finally get to do what i had dreamed of since the 1st Smash Bros on the N64.

I set Mario and Sonic to CPU and watched to see who would win.

Figured I do best two out for 3 games, rules 3 mins, only items, Smash Ball and Assist Trophies.

First game, Mario wins, 2nd games Sonic wins.

For the last I changed time to 5 mins and turned off Assist Trophies.

Winner: Sonic after Sudden Death

Well guess that's my curiousity satisfied :)

Ok i just finished Subspace Emisary, (not 100%... yet) and have unlocked all Characters.

Up until the last part (Great Maze) i was thinking, why are people putting this down i love it. But that great maze has nothing great about it, it just screams FILLER.

Was also dissapointed that Sonic didn't appear till like the very last scene, I mean WTF? I was hoping to see some cool fan service scenes with Mario and Sonic like the rest of the SSE moments.... guess he really was a last minute edition.... or they just couldn't think of a good way to use him... but they managed to use Snake pretty well so why not Sonic.

Also disappointed that there was still 3 characters that you don't come across during the regular course of SSE, why? That was annoying having to go back from them, why I saw i still had 4 characters left (including sonic) i thought there was still a fair bit of story hidden there somewhere, but they just went for the cop out like with the maze, shame they could have really made it better...

Though i guess that's something they'll plan for the next consoles version whenever that may be.

Anyway I finally got Sonic unlocked and I finally get to do what i had dreamed of since the 1st Smash Bros on the N64.

I set Mario and Sonic to CPU and watched to see who would win.

Figured I do best two out for 3 games, rules 3 mins, only items, Smash Ball and Assist Trophies.

First game, Mario wins, 2nd games Sonic wins.

For the last I changed time to 5 mins and turned off Assist Trophies.

Winner: Sonic after Sudden Death

Well guess that's my curiousity satisfied :)

As Zero Punctuation put it, if you have a battle between two people who's primary way of attack is jumping on things, I'm going to put my money on the one with spikes growing out of his flesh. ;)

I just unlocked a couple more characters as well only two more to go now, I liked SSE though, all of it, even the maze :) The rest of the games levels all kinda felt the same anyway, so when you get to the bit where you redo them it feels the same as the new ones anyway so didn't feel repetitive or anything :) I liked it anyway, and the cut scenes were very good.

The cut scenes are awesome but I still couldn't help but feel that they would be better with some speech. That's not gona happen I know, this is nintendo world.

Apart from the that I've found SSE, on the whole, to be a real chore. It's just boring. I'm only playing it to unlock chracters then I'll hopefully never have to touch it again.

Just got R.O.B :D

This game is just so darn fun. Have to say the best in the series so far. It still overwhelms me.

I definitely don't view it as great as Melee, because Smash was fresher back then and the improvement between the first two games was far more noticeable. It's still a good game.

I guess, so while it's not revolutionary, it's certainly evolved for me, so much content and stuff crammed in there, just makes it the best Smash so far for me. It's orgy fanservice! :D

This smash bros is awesome. Frankly, I never want to go back to melee. I love the way this game plays (bar the nerfing of samus, but zs samus is full of so much win, I really wish she was a seperate character, or just alot easier to change to) and the mind games are epic.

With Supspace emissary wacked on Intense, it's challenging (possibly fun, but I dunno, some bits are just cruel/unfair) and have reaced 50% with Ganon, Sonic, Toon Link and Wolf to unlock.

REALLY REALLY want to see how bad ganon is supposed to be, as what I saw of him seemed to me to be the same old.

Oh and being able to save replays has completely validated my purchase of the SD card. Was starting to think that was a waste of money among other things (a few games here and there)...

Heh, even though I own the US copy of this game, I just now unlocked the last character (Wolf). Had to look up how to even unlock him (went through the Subspace Emissary to do so); I wouldn't have bothered but I needed him to open up All-Star mode and get the last batch of Events. =P

Guess I will spend the rest of my summer trying to unlock some of those challenges, until I get absolutely bored of it. X3

Heh, even though I own the US copy of this game, I just now unlocked the last character (Wolf). Had to look up how to even unlock him (went through the Subspace Emissary to do so); I wouldn't have bothered but I needed him to open up All-Star mode and get the last batch of Events. =P

Guess I will spend the rest of my summer trying to unlock some of those challenges, until I get absolutely bored of it. X3

DOnt play the game alone! Play with friends! SO much more fun! Although because we are doing Subspace mode on intense, I can't do it without my mate (well I havent tried it wihtout him but most levels require several tries and I want him to see all the cutscenes too.)

DOnt play the game alone! Play with friends! SO much more fun! Although because we are doing Subspace mode on intense, I can't do it without my mate (well I havent tried it wihtout him but most levels require several tries and I want him to see all the cutscenes too.)

Honestly, if I had any friends (to play with), I would. =P

Sadly I'm a lonely person, so all games I play I have to play alone. You'd think that with online I'd have people to play with now, but since my Wii hates my internet connection, I can barely even use that. X3

Honestly, if I had any friends (to play with), I would. =P

Sadly I'm a lonely person, so all games I play I have to play alone. You'd think that with online I'd have people to play with now, but since my Wii hates my internet connection, I can barely even use that. X3

maybe you could try going to come societies or clubs and meet people with similar interests. Can be hard to meet people interested in games but they are out there. Brawl deserves your efforts to find like minded people to play with :D

maybe you could try going to come societies or clubs and meet people with similar interests. Can be hard to meet people interested in games but they are out there. Brawl deserves your efforts to find like minded people to play with :D

Eh, I really can't think of any clubs or stuff I could join. I don't even know what kind of clubs are out there (can only think of sports clubs). =O

I bet if I were a guy I would have lots of friends to game with; but since I am a girl with only female friends (who don't game!), I am stuck playing alone. Merf.

maybe you could try going to come societies or clubs and meet people with similar interests. Can be hard to meet people interested in games but they are out there.

Well I think a forum is a good start ;) Friends wise games wise I probably will a lot more once I get back to uni, but I'm having just as much fun against the computers ect, and it's a good way to learn everything a bit easier. But I've never been someone who's had a problem playing against computers as opposed to real people.

Eh, I really can't think of any clubs or stuff I could join. I don't even know what kind of clubs are out there (can only think of sports clubs). =O

I bet if I were a guy I would have lots of friends to game with; but since I am a girl with only female friends (who don't game!), I am stuck playing alone. Merf.

I feel your pain :(

Letty never wants to play Smash Bros. with me and the friends i have around here wouldn't play games :p

mmh you know wat could have been great for smash if they added something like unlocking new alternate costumes for characters

there are alot of trophys in the game this time thats good only for mine opinion there are too much kirby trophys

sub space maze is just a big meh, they rehashed it to make it seem important =[

AnD I GOT FRICKING LOST!!!

grr

Best char? gosh...um warios good but he doesn't have far reaching attacks.. i do like pokemon trainer squirtle ftw

Unlocked Sonic yesterday. Did it by completing Classic with 10 different characters. He's fun to use, but his smash attacks leave little impression. :(

I'm up to the Great Maze now in the Subspace Emissary. I'm gonna aim to 100% the whole mode this time, but this bit is just so tedious on your own... I might get my mate round to finish it off in co-op.

I found that if you play SSE with the mindset of "I gotta get to the end!" it's boring, but if you just go there to beat the crap out of everyone and enjoy something that's not unlike a Kibry game, it's pretty fucking cool. Also, awesome music :P

Two threads are confusing ...

Question:

Getting a 100% completion on the SSE, does this give you anything?

Beated SSE, and have all the characters :)

Im pretty hooked up to the game, my favourite characters are:

Wario, Snake, Ike and Mr Game and Watch

Wario simply for owning.

Snake for strategy.

Ike for killing quickly

Mr Game and Watch for fun

Sheik sucks mate.

But I do have a friend that uses Sheik and I can never win against him. Its just too fast.