NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Sorry but i doubt you or anyone else would ever master a character.

Don't play as peach! She's even more overpowered in this game than before! Grr shes so cheap it's unbearable!

First of all, you don't decide what characters people choose to play with.

Second of all, by mastering a character, I mean learning to know that character's movement, weight, moves etc. so well that I know exactly where I'm going to hit with an attack or exactly when to press the jump button to catch a ledge. That's for me what mastering Smash is all about.

Third of all, is Peach really that overpowered? Never heard anything about it before. I heard that Meta Knight was overpowered, but that it was possibly due to him being easy to use for beginners.

Third of all, is Peach really that overpowered? Never heard anything about it before. I heard that Meta Knight was overpowered, but that it was possibly due to him being easy to use for beginners.

He's a Smash Vet. He knows his stuff.

I'll be playing as Link, same as always! Spamming his projectiles is always fun.

If this game was like rock, paper, scissor, Peach's down smash wins every other move.

Just to think - in three weeks time we'll know all the playable characters in the game.

I don't want the slow updates to end.

This is probably ratardedly hopeful thinking, but I hope that GamesMaster Mag, Play.com and Gameplay are right with the release date...

mmmm, i'm not sure. I'll be quite surprised if it wasn't released by end of March though...but Nintendo could make this a May 2008 title for Europe and release Wii Fit before it, i never be able to guess NOE'S way of thinking when it comes to release dates, there are VERY hit and miss as you know!

He's a Smash Vet. He knows his stuff.

He treats the sick Smash animals? :laughing: (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

It doesn't seem like Sakurai and his gang to do something "wrong" like overpowering a character. Why would they do that?

mmmm, i'm not sure. I'll be quite surprised if it wasn't released by end of March though...but Nintendo could make this a May 2008 title for Europe and release Wii Fit before it, i never be able to guess NOE'S way of thinking when it comes to release dates, there are VERY hit and miss as you know!

I'm thinking Mid-April personally

To all Smashboarders lurking to see if I leak anything...this is what we call speculation and not me trying to leak info. I have no idea when the real release date is

Oooh, I loves me some inside knowledge.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but ...

To all Smashboarders lurking to see if I leak anything...this is what we call speculation and not me trying to leak info. I have no idea when the real release date is

Theres just a habit of people coming here, seeing my posts and going off on one :p

I'm thinking Mid-April personally

OMG!! Leaked info!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but ...

Lol. You don't read many of my posts do you?

(What I mean is about 95% of the time you can take my post as a joke)

Well, Peach is definately annoying. Her killing aerials are quick and come out of nowhere.

Also, she beats you up in the most humiliating and taunting ways possible. She always looks like she's having fun. And her b****-slaps...:angry:

...I know that's got nothing to do with skill or power, mind you. I just hate that goat.

Also, I was the one that cracked Serebii's code:

First of all, you don't decide what characters people choose to play with.

Second of all, by mastering a character, I mean learning to know that character's movement, weight, moves etc. so well that I know exactly where I'm going to hit with an attack or exactly when to press the jump button to catch a ledge. That's for me what mastering Smash is all about.

I'm not decided who he plays as. To do that i'd need mind control which i won't be getting for a few more years atleast.

And your definition of mastering is basically just a ignorant way of saying 'getting the basics' of a chracter right.

And yes, she is VERY overpowered in Melee and so in Brawl. Granted, her down smash is no longer broken in this game but she's still probably more lethal than ever before. I mean firstly, the L-cancelling mechanic is now different (as in, ALL lag gets removed), so as soon as she lands after an aerial she will grab and possibly KO you. If you roll before the air attack hits she can just as easily use a dash attack on you during the roll lag and combo you. Peach has always been a beast.

He treats the sick Smash animals? :laughing: (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

It doesn't seem like Sakurai and his gang to do something "wrong" like overpowering a character. Why would they do that?

They don't do it deliberately. In every fighting game there are overpowered characters. Look at melee for example. Fox got given the best move in the game and the ability to chain it into an invincible chain of the same move (i'm referring to the Down+B here). Look at Marth; he has the best range in the game and gets a lethal smash attack too.

If this game was like rock, paper, scissor, Peach's down smash wins every other move.

You know your stuff.

You can't even f*cking crouch cancel peach players because they just spam the d-smash and if it gets you, you can take up to 50%. *sigh*

You're assuming Peach still has all the advantages she had in Melee, and I don't think that'll be the case. Sakurai will have noticed that Peach is overpowered, he seems very good in listening to the gamers.

You're assuming Peach still has all the advantages she had in Melee, and I don't think that'll be the case. Sakurai will have noticed that Peach is overpowered, he seems very good in listening to the gamers.

Well from the hands-on impressions she's pretty much the same but with a weaker down-smash and a combo-friendly dash attack.

I think I'll pass on online for a while. Except for the odd match with N-Eers.

I'll be going online straight away as i usually do with all my Wifi games and get completely annihilated! :heh:

mmm i dont know if it is true or not but i thought i share it with you guys, today i went to the store ( Media markt ) and i asked them when will they receive Smashbros and what they told me they looked in their computer and he said the last week of februari i really hope that is true then i will be very happy

I'll definitely be playing this offline with friends. If the microcosm of "Master Players" here is evidence of wider arrogance, then I'll be avoiding online matches for the sake of my own enjoyment.

I'm confident some kind of ranking system will keep me in with players I have a chance against. I just hope the lag won't be too great, what with me playing in China and all.

I'm confident some kind of ranking system will keep me in with players I have a chance against. I just hope the lag won't be too great, what with me playing in China and all.

yea i hope it's not laggy like dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 3

I think I'll won't go online immediately but first try to unlock everything and play against friends.

I'll definitely be playing this offline with friends. If the microcosm of "Master Players" here is evidence of wider arrogance, then I'll be avoiding online matches for the sake of my own enjoyment.

Which is why I'm glad theres no voice chat

Heck I turn it off on Halo to stop the arrogant little ***** going off on one when you manage to kill them