NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I hate the entire Smash Bros 'Elite' players community. They're a bunch of fucks who go way, way, way too indepth on this game.

OMG U SEE PEACH SHE IS TOP TIER! AMAZING COMBOS!

Smash bros is about one thing. Fun. Thats all its ever been. Fun with items and stupid stages. Not final destination, with no items and 2 people playing as Fox trying to constantly wave dash circle jerk each other into submission.

Urgh. Friends only here.

I agree with Jordan. I have nothing but utter revulsion for people who prefere bland stages with no items, as well assholes who snake, assholes who jump over the goal keeper, assholes who only ever want to play Dust 2, and assholes who only ever want to play capture the flag. I mean my god, if you really consider yourself that dedicated, take it and apply to something that:

A) Actually bloody matters

B) Won't ruin my own enjoyment of Smash Bros/Mario Kart/Strikers/Counter Strike/TF2.

I have to agree with Jordan. I mean, one of the wonderful things about Smash is that it's very deep, but can be played by everyone, but I hate it when the "elite" players shove their top-tiers and whatnot up our noses.

I think you're blowing out of proportion, if you like smash as much as you say, you to would have noticed certain advantages in certain characters. Its not comparable to snaking.

Oh, I think it is. In both cases, it's roughly equivical to demanding strict tournament rules in a game of strip twister.

I think you're blowing out of proportion, if you like smash as much as you say, you to would have noticed certain advantages in certain characters. Its not comparable to snaking.

That's obvious in every game, but I don't need to moan at people who play only with top-tier or say that people who like low-tier are noobs.

I hate the entire Smash Bros 'Elite' players community. They're a bunch of fucks who go way, way, way too indepth on this game.

Smash bros is about one thing. Fun. Thats all its ever been. Fun with items and stupid stages. Not final destination, with no items and 2 people playing as Fox trying to constantly wave dash circle jerk each other into submission.

Urgh. Friends only here.

Since when was it up to you to dictate how we play a game? People should be able to play however the fuck they like.

And have you ever considered that these "elite" players are actually having a lot more fun playing on FD with no items than they would otherwise? These elite players play for fun as well you know.

I think the divide in the Smash Bros community comes not in how the "elite" players play, but the elitist attitude they have regarding it. I don't mean to single you out Goron but I'm just using this as an example.

Sorry but i doubt you or anyone else would ever master a character.

Don't play as peach! She's even more overpowered in this game than before! Grr shes so cheap it's unbearable!

Posts like this are unneccesary and only create bad feelings between the two sides of the community.

It's not really that different to the legion of FPS-whores out there.

If anything, I think they take it waaay more seriously than Smash fans do.

I think the divide in the Smash Bros community comes not in how the "elite" players play, but the elitist attitude they have regarding it. I don't mean to single you out Goron but I'm just using this as an example.

Posts like this are unneccesary and only create bad feelings between the two sides of the community.

Hit the nail on the head there.

Urgh. Friends only here.

Oh sorry. So, according to you, people like zell who practically play the game on a daily basis and people like me who player multiplayer at EVERY possible oppotunity don't play for fun? Seriously, if we're still playing it now after YEARS of it coming out when most other people have stopped, why would we be playing if we didn't enjoy it?

Also, no offense Jordan but you're having to use really stupid examples to back up your points (which aren't very well thought out either). For example, you say all people do is play FD. Erm ok...? Considering you can't do the same level more than once in a best of 7-9 match up, surely (by simple logic) you should be able to work out that they do other levels aswell right? Don't have a go at competitive players when you don't know what you're on about.

Oh, and drop the whole tier thing, it makes no sense to use it in an argument. All i was saying is that at E for ALL, Nintendo gave the competitive players VIP passes and in the extra time they got to play the game, they could see that Peach is pretty damn powerful. You didn't have to be a competitive Street Fighter II: Turbo player to see how easy it could be to win with E.Honda if you had a vague idea of what you were doing.

I agree with Jordan. I have nothing but utter revulsion for people who prefere bland stages with no items, as well assholes who snake, assholes who jump over the goal keeper, assholes who only ever want to play Dust 2, and assholes who only ever want to play capture the flag. I mean my god, if you really consider yourself that dedicated, take it and apply to something that:

A) Actually bloody matters

B) Won't ruin my own enjoyment of Smash Bros/Mario Kart/Strikers/Counter Strike/TF2.

The smash argument does not compare to the strikers argument in the slightest, and the the same with MK.

That's obvious in every game, but I don't need to moan at people who play only with top-tier or say that people who like low-tier are noobs.

I play as fucking Game&Watch and i don't see zell going 'omg you play as him, he's teh shittt!'.

Also, considering how they're trying to make Brawl easier for people to play competitively, I think you guys should seriously drop it. Sorry if i sounded harsh in this post but come off it, you guys don't really know what you're talking bout half the time. I mean look, they've given every character a new meteor Smash, they've made DI a VERY important factor of the game, they've made it easier to play agressively using air moves (as the new L-cancel mechanic gets rid of ALL lag) and on top of that they've slowed the pace of the game down. Now, you can go on and play with items, WE'RE NOT STOPPING YOU, just don't go complain at people who do play competitively because they play for fun aswell. I mean, do you people really think Nintendo would waste so many of their resources, with their best characters, only for it to have no depth outside button bashing? Give em some credit people.

*end rant*

The smash argument does not compare to the strikers argument in the slightest, and the the same with MK.

Why? It's all "advanced techniques" and "hidden depth" or whatever you want to call it.

Why? It's all "advanced techniques" and "hidden depth" or whatever you want to call it.

Well in Strikers, you can jump over the goalkeepers head and score....That's not hidden depth OR a special technique; it's a flaw in the games design.

Tbh, the only thing in gaming that compares to the competitive scene in Smash in with Pokemon games. You have a lot of people who just play the game, but you have a small percentage who understand the whole concept of EV training and IV's and will try to get it right. Certainly completely different to MK and strikers.

Also, to Gizmo. All i'm saying in that post is that you can't master a character. If you were referring to the second part, then i only typed it like that because I was replying to Coolness's post and I was trying to sound as wacky as he always does (it's something we were talking bout on msn at the time lol). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The computer uses those "flaws". How can it be a flaw when the computer frequently take advantage of them? Goalie jumping, teleporting, warping are techniques that require timing and skills, not just to execute them, but also to stop them. If you let in a goal because of one of those techniques, then blame your defence.

Let's stop ripping each other's throats off and move on.

http://wiicharged.com/index.php?page=20

I personally think it's a fake (or an event demo) as the block size is way too big to hold on most people's Wiis now.

Unclear pictures of a tv in a dark room are always fake. What is the guy who made this trying to accomplish anyway?

I'm sure Nintendo can afford some modern tv's...

They're stingy, that's why they have so much money

I'm pretty sure if most people will change their minds if they play this game regularly with friends. I'm not a competitive player nor do I know many advanced techniques and I prefer items battle, but I've been playing this game on a regular basis since its release with a group of friends whenever we can and some of this techniques start showing up and we notice the little tweaks between characters, its just natural you get more competitive with them while still having fun.

Well, SOME guys in here certainly are cheerful!

Come on guys, why all these bad feelings? No need to offend anybody because they play the game in another way than you.

Some people get a kick out of trying to master a particular character, some only play for fun. Of course, when playing online, you're bound to encounter some who play another style than you, but that's the risk when moving out into the big, scary world. When around other people (in cyberspace as well as real life), we're bound to run into someone who doesn't share our views of the world, but we just have to deal with it.

What do you guys think about this:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.

[/Quote]

Some guy made this prediction back in October, where he predicted the Dragoon perfectly including three parts and the crosshair. I don't usually go for rumours, but this one is so out there it almost couldn't have been guessed this perfectly.

He said Wolf was in the game.

This could just mean the Wolf costume for Fox, right?

This could just mean the Wolf costume for Fox, right?

Fox doesn't have a Wolf costume unless you're implying the Dark Fox one? Or you meant, he's going to get one, so that could be the case.

What do you guys think about this:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207

Some guy made this prediction back in October, where he predicted the Dragoon perfectly including three parts and the crosshair. I don't usually go for rumours, but this one is so out there it almost couldn't have been guessed this perfectly.

In some places, it sounds VERY fake. But he couldn't have guessed all that about the Dragoon, could he?