NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

hmm cool update, but we kinda new about this one. it does seem to resemble pokemon "weaken it first" and so on, lol

Update: wow the coin launcher looks cool, i think it's better, and more fun than the lottery in melee

i like this update , man it seems that this game you can play forever ,

i also love the rayquaza model but i think it would be cooler if you had a pokemon match with the pokemon trainer and pikachu vs rayquaza

I can see your point, but I like the way they combine the different universes, which is for me the best thing about Smash Bros. If it was Pokémon Trainer and Pikachu against Rayquaza, it would just be good ol' Pokémon - which would be good, of course :) - but not very original.

Coin Launcher

In the last game, you dropped the coins you collected into a prize-dispensing machine for a chance to win trophies. That was fine and all, but I got to thinking that there wasn’t really any strategy involved.

So this time, I dropped the crane game. Instead, you’ll be earning your trophies in THIS kind of game!

various20_071227a-l.jpg

I dub this the Coin Launcher!

I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game!

various20_071227b-l.jpg

That option on the right is the entrance to the Coin Launcher.

various20_071227c-l.jpg

That’s the launcher at the bottom.

Tilt left and right to change the angle of the launcher and press the button to roll coins out. Basically, the coins themselves are your bullets.

various20_071227d-l.jpg

Fire, fire, fire, fire. FIRE!

various20_071227e-l.jpg

And you got it!

The trophies move, so shoot, shoot, shoot them before they get away. If you land a few shots on a trophy, it will be yours.

various20_071227f-l.jpg

An enemy formation has appeared!

When you defeat formations of smaller enemies, you earn stickers and bonuses. When your green gauge fills up, it becomes possible to shoot coins rapid-fire for a short time.

various20_071227g-l.jpg

A missile appeared!

Shoot the missiles down. If a missile strikes, your coin count will decrease!

various20_071227h-l.jpg

Whaaaaaaa!

Press the Cancel Button to quit. The trophies and stickers you got this time will be displayed.

various20_071227i-l.jpg

The green ones are trophies. The red ones are stickers.

The more you play the other modes, the more coins you’ll earn for the Coin Launcher. You can even earn them in Spectator mode.

If you want even more coins, your best bet is to invite some friends over to play. The more people you play with, the more coins you’ll earn.

[/Quote]

They keep surprising me with the stuff that's in the game. I really like this update it looks simple but very fun to do. It's way better than the lottery from Melee.

Best update in a while, I think. It's a good idea and finally you don't need much luck to gain these trophies! Great idea.

That's fantastic, as the lottery in Melee was based on pure luck.

OMG I SAW A MEDLI TROPHY! She's from the Wind Waker. Cel-Link is from Wind Waker! THERE'S HOPE!

Dear god, I hope coins are easier to come across, even if you play with friends the coins go to the console owner. Guess I'll be playing lots of it online.

That's fantastic, as the lottery in Melee was based on pure luck.

So is this one. You don't know which trophies you'll get until you hit the ships.:heh:

OMG I SAW A MEDLI TROPHY! She's from the Wind Waker. Cel-Link is from Wind Waker! THERE'S HOPE!

Did you forget WW Tingle?

[ATTACH]1805[/ATTACH]

Cel-Link always had good chances. The same as Pokémon Trainer. Important, but unnoticed protagonist.

It's so reassuring that the game is in the hands of great developers who will spend more time if necessary to make the perfect it and to put in loads of stuff.

Did you forget WW Tingle?

Cel-Link always had good chances. The same as Pokémon Trainer. Important, but unnoticed protagonist.

I'd rather have a Tingle than WW Link since I really don't like having several version of a same character. I don't say I don't like WW Link (especially if he have his huge hammer) but, even if they are different, they still are the same character.

And Tingle would be amazingly amazing and would piss off many (12 years-old) occidental people which aren't open minded to his magnificent weirdness and only want characters with swords and impossible hairstyle.

I'd rather have a Tingle than WW Link since I really don't like having several version of a same character. I don't say I don't like WW Link (especially if he have his huge hammer) but, even if they are different, they still are the same character.

And Tingle would be amazingly amazing and would piss off many (12 years-old) occidental people which aren't open minded to his magnificent weirdness and only want characters with swords and impossible hairstyle.

Actually, I was just pointing more proof to the inclusion of Wind Waker related stuff.

But it seems Tingle is not in. Maybe he can still enter as an Assist Trophy?

I've said it before, but it would be great if the assist was a Tingle Tuner, and he came in on balloons, dropping bombs on the stage.

GAME OF THE FOREVER RE-CONFIRMED BITCHES! TAKE IT!

What he said!

Fantastic update especially for me as im such a collectables whore.

I'd rather have a Tingle than WW Link since I really don't like having several version of a same character.

110-shotgun-lg.jpg

Tingle sucks, end of. Not because he's gay but because he sucks!

I'd rather have a Tingle than WW Link since I really don't like having several version of a same character.

Still, unlike Young Link, WW Link can easily have a totally different moveset and playing style to Adult Link.

Still, unlike Young Link, WW Link can easily have a totally different moveset and playing style to Adult Link.

It should be Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Phantom Hourglass Link with all the items from the games and have his hurricane spin.

Going back to the Angel Island music update, notice they say tell us that that was where we first encountered Knuckles. For them to mention a character like this surely must mean knuckles is on their conscience.

Nope it just them telling us how important the song is to the Sonic series.

Your 'nope' sounds so definite, are you working on the game or something? There is always a chance for Knuckles to appear in some shape or form.

Knuckles should ONLY be an assist

Agreed, but we'll probably get Tails first, as he is the more obvious "assist" trophy for Sonic =P

More Sonic characters would own though, playable or assist.

Knuckles should ONLY be an assist

True, but he would be pretty generic as an assist since hes specialty are his uh knuckles.

Dragoon

item14_071228a.jpg

It is said that if you collect all three parts, you will complete the legendary Air Ride machine...

item14_071228b-l.jpg

There it is! Dragoon Part A!

item14_071228c1-l.jpg

item14_071228c2-l.jpg

item14_071228c3-l.jpg

It’s broken into three parts:

Dragoon Part A, the nose cone...

Dragoon Part B, the hull...

and Dragoon Part C, the tail.

item14_071228d-l.jpg

Gather all three and the Dragoon is formed!

item14_071228e-l.jpg

Target in sight!

item14_071228f-l.jpg

FIRE!!!

Of course, given the amount of preparation required, it boasts tremendous firepower! If it strikes you, consider it a one-hit KO.

The battle for this item is hot.

item14_071228g-l.jpg

When you get one of the Dragoon parts, these icons appear!

Hit an opponent who has one of the Dragoon parts to make them drop it. You also drop the parts when you lose a life. If you want to get a part in hand, then beat up your opponent!

The same can be said for Smash Balls – those, too, are items that everyone really wants badly, so the scramble can be quite funny!

The joy of finally getting all three. Your enemies doing whatever they can to flee. It’s like we’ve added a delicious new spice, so I hope you’ll enjoy it during multiplayer matches.

[/Quote]

I have a request for the many people who want to play over Wi-Fi! The first time you play the Wi-Fi modes, please be sure to set the Smash Service to ON.

wi-fi05_071228a-l.jpg

Here in the Options...

wi-fi05_071228b-l.jpg

...you’ll find "Smash Service".

If you don’t turn this Smash Service on, you won’t receive any data! I ask that you take great care not to forget this step.

Data Sent by Nintendo

wi-fi05_071228c-l.jpg

Choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

In order to receive data sent by Nintendo, you need to first choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection mode.

wi-fi05_071228d-l.jpg

You connect without incident. When you confirm the message...

wi-fi05_071228e-l.jpg

..data appears in the applicable mode!

Things that have "Download" written on them were sent by Nintendo.

Now, downloaded data from Nintendo will gradually be overwritten, so there’s no need to worry about your Wii console’s memory running out.

Data Sent by a Friend

wi-fi05_071228f-l.jpg

Whoa. A lot of stuff arrived. Nice.

wi-fi05_071228g-l.jpg

When something arrives, you’ll get a message on your Wii Message Board.

wi-fi05_071228h-l.jpg

When you start up the game...

wi-fi05_071228i-l.jpg

...the data will be in its respective places.

Now, since this data comes from your friends, this is where you have to watch your remaining save memory! If the remaining free space on your Wii System Memory is running low, you won’t be able to receive the data. Move old data to an SD card or erase it.

wi-fi05_071228j-l.jpg

You can also send data to multiple friends at once.

It’s difficult to put the joy of being able to exchange snapshots and stages into words. I certainly hope you will all enjoy it.

[/Quote]

Looks like a cool item and the second update was good as well. Too bad we won't get anymore until 7th of January.