NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Still, unlike Young Link, WW Link can easily have a totally different moveset and playing style to Adult Link.

Young Link could also easily have a different moveset. And I just don't want to have the same character twice, even with different moveset. Why not also include a mask-user Link (MM), a duplicating Link (FS), a shrinking Link (TMC),...?

And I keep my opinion: Tingle would be much more original, especially if they find a way to include the bodyguard stuff. All people bashing him should play the DS Tingle RPG.

wi-fi05_071228j-l.jpg

"Points needed to send this data" What's the...????

I hope that's not Wii points. :(

You probably can only send X amount of data per day.

Why no more updates till 7th of January?

The Dojo says:

All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following 28th December. We plan to resume posts on 7th January.

Have a happy new year!

Cool item! Kirby's Air Ride was great. Well, I spent a lot more time on it than Double Dash, anyway.

Young Link could also easily have a different moveset. And I just don't want to have the same character twice, even with different moveset. Why not also include a mask-user Link (MM), a duplicating Link (FS), a shrinking Link (TMC),...?
I don't understand how you could prefer Tingle even then. Technically they're not even the same characters, they just have the same name. Cel-shaded Link would be so awesome.

How well do you guys think this is going to sell when it is released?

500K in japan first week or lower?

Probably between 150-250K. Around as well as Galaxy done perhaps, probably less than Wii fit.

A hardcore game being bigger and better in Japan lately doesn't mean it's going to have amazing sales. This game is the very definition of hardcore too, Nintendo can't really dodge around and try to market it to both the casual and hardcore crowd like they do with some of their top franchises nowadays, it doesn't offer anything to the Wii owners who bought the system solely for the Wii sports style experience, so that market (the vast majority of Wii owners in Japan) isn't gonna buy the game.

SSBB Goes Gold

Japanese sources have confirmed that Super Smash Brothers Brawl is now on the printing press.

Grab those Brawl Friend Codes and get ready for some action this February!

SmashBrothersBrawlFriendCodes.JPG

This picture is proof that the game is finished and on its way.

For those of you not familiar with the term; a game "Goes Gold" when the master

disc (or a copy that is completely ready for shipment) is sent to the printing press to make copies. Meaning that development stage of the game is officially over and done!

The game is out of the hands on Nintendo of Japan and the potential for information about the game to leak out is substantial.

Aaaaannnd we still don't have a release date!

Dojo will be pretty much redudant once the game is out in Japan anyway.

Knuckles should ONLY be an assist

He probably will be. Tails is an assist after all IIRC. If Knuckles does become an assist, I think it'll be something like Knuckle Joe's maybe with a glide and an uppercut or somethin

They wouldn't make Knuckles a character and leave Tails as an assist would they?

"Points needed to send this data" What's the...????

How come no one seems to worry about this? Why does it seemingly cost some sort of points to send data online?

How come no one seems to worry about this? Why does it seemingly cost some sort of points to send data online?

It's very likely that you can only send so much data per day. The points is probably just a way to regulate this (i.e. you have 20 points to spend each day)

It's very likely that you can only send so much data per day. The points is probably just a way to regulate this (i.e. you have 20 points to spend each day)

I surely hope so. Everything else would just be stupid and so not Sakurai.

SSBB Goes Gold

Japanese sources have confirmed that Super Smash Brothers Brawl is now on the printing press.

Grab those Brawl Friend Codes and get ready for some action this February!

SmashBrothersBrawlFriendCodes.JPG

This picture is proof that the game is finished and on its way.

For those of you not familiar with the term; a game "Goes Gold" when the master

disc (or a copy that is completely ready for shipment) is sent to the printing press to make copies. Meaning that development stage of the game is officially over and done!

The game is out of the hands on Nintendo of Japan and the potential for information about the game to leak out is substantial.

That means no Mega Man^^

That means no Mega Man^^

Why? You don't think they've revealed all the unlockable characters already, do you? Note that I have no idea whatsoever if Mega Man will be in - I doubt it, to be honest - but I also doubted Sonic, so I may very well be wrong on this one, too. I just don't think that Brawl "going gold" means that Mega Man can't be in.

Why? You don't think they've revealed all the unlockable characters already, do you? Note that I have no idea whatsoever if Mega Man will be in - I doubt it, to be honest - but I also doubted Sonic, so I may very well be wrong on this one, too. I just don't think that Brawl "going gold" means that Mega Man can't be in.

He's probably referring to this:

During a question/answer session in the latest Bionic Commando podcast, Keiji Inafune lets us know that Mega Man isn’t in Brawl. His answer is pretty fun, and includes a little teasing throughout.

Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It’s a great series…but, Nintendo hasn’t asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I’m still waiting…we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call.

[/Quote]

FYI not all characters have been revealed obviously

Many people are under the impression that they've only just been added when in the Dojo, this is by far not true

Yeah, but that podcast is just a week old. I doubt they have added Mega Man one week before the game goes gold.

Further up this page. You commented that.

Gee, I did? :indeed: :p

I meant where the POSTER got the information. It doesn't just pop into people's heads when a game goes gold ... or does it? :wtf:

Gee, I did? :indeed: :p

I meant where the POSTER got the information. It doesn't just pop into people's heads when a game goes gold ... or does it? :wtf:

He is Dante, bearer of truth.