N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Really, can't they have any better idea for a Metroid level?

At least this time, it resembles the game more (just for the background).

The safe area is actually a good idea. It can certainly bring some originality to the table with this level.

Here's hoping it's more fun than Brinstar. And that there is some stage related to other Metroid games. Hopefully Prime.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL The 'serious' folks won't like this!!! :P

Grow up. Considering Zebes was played by the 'serious' players as you called em you're talk is flawed (don't think i dnt like you btw).

Oh and danny shut up.

This level has been known about for a while so i'm just seeing this as a waste of an update. I hope that they don't spend too much of their time going over what we already know from hands-on play time.

This level has been known about for a while so i'm just seeing this as a waste of an update. I hope that they don't spend too much of their time going over what we already know from hands-on play time.

It might be known by the people who followed the hands-on demo but there are others who haven't and every update reveals something new for them. We can't have a brilliant updates everyday, I mean we're lucky as it is to get such frequent updates, so we have to accept that over the next few weeks we're going to get updates about already known Final Smashes and Assist Trophies, etc, it's not the end of the world.

Erm, it's just the same as the previous Norfair levels, of which Kraid was not a part of.

Well In Melee at least both stages were named after Brinstar, which was weird though as Brinstar isn't associated with lava at all, there's only a tiny amount here and there.

Actually I guess there was more in the original Metroid come to think of it.

Anyway they should really have a Tourian stage actually, with Metroids flying around and a visit from Mother Brain in her SM final boss form to fire lasers at the stage every so often. Perhaps have those red barrier things raise up and split the playing field when she attacks so you have to break through them to get to safety.

EDIT: 2 minute hastily (crappily) drawn mspaint pic of what the layout could be for that. She'd smash out of the glass container eventually! Bottom would be acid and not lava.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8148/tourianab2.gif

Ah I forgot the name of the metroid levels. I just said Kraid because all I could think of was Kraid smashing the rather crappy stage around in the background. Its just that even in the new metroid games there are great places that have been created that could be used to make a great metroid level.

Yeah you could have a Skytown moving stage where you're on floating platforms being pulled along the zipwires and what not, having to switch between them as some fall off as steambots kind of whizz past in the air and stuff too.

A Phazon based level could be interesting too, with perhaps pools of Phazon dropping onto the platforms with different types having different effects. Some do damage, some heal and perhaps others increase the amount of damage you do temporarily.

Phenedrana could obviously make a very nice looking stage too though I'm not sure what gameplay gimmicks it could have to separate it out.

If I have offended anyone with my previous comment, I want to apologize. I was of the impression that not many people in here took the extreme Smash players seriously, so I saw no hurt in poking a little fun at them. My comment seems to have been taken more seriously and harsh than I intended it to, so I want to clear things up: I never meant what I said in a cynical or hurtful way, and I never wanted to offend anyone. And for this misunderstanding, I apologize.

If I have offended anyone with my previous comment, I want to apologize. I was of the impression that not many people in here took the extreme Smash players seriously, so I saw no hurt in poking a little fun at them. My comment seems to have been taken more seriously and harsh than I intended it to, so I want to clear things up: I never meant what I said in a cynical or hurtful way, and I never wanted to offend anyone. And for this misunderstanding, I apologize.

No worries, mate.

: peace:

ps. You don't need to apologise, you have done nothing wrong.

It's exactly the reason why those people should be mocked, if they take offence... Stop taking computer life so seriously!!!! :indeed:

It's exactly the reason why those people should be mocked, if they take offence... Stop taking computer life so seriously!!!! :indeed:

I was thinking particularly about Goron_3's comments. And just because I'm not facing the person in real life doesn't mean I shouldn't worry about his or her feelings. I know some people would take advantage of that, but I won't be pushed around. :)

I'm taking offence over a computer game?

LOL.

Also danny, i don't see why you're apologizing cos you've done nothing wrong. Seriously, A LOT worse has been said. TBh you're were just stating something; sorry if i sounded as if you upset me, cos it didnt rele bother me.

Now ignorance...that annoys me.

I'm taking offence over a computer game?

LOL.

Also danny, i don't see why you're apologizing cos you've done nothing wrong. Seriously, A LOT worse has been said. TBh you're were just stating something; sorry if i sounded as if you upset me, cos it didnt rele bother me.

Now ignorance...that annoys me.

Well, when someone says "shut up" to me, I take it they've got something against me or something I said. Maybe I'm just sensitive. No matter, I was merely surprised by the reaction my comment spurred, and since the reaction seemed to be negative, I wanted it cleared up immediately. I simply hate to be on someone's bad side. :)

Group hug?

Seriousely boys I really don't like that Safe Zone thing they've stuck on there, I would have been happier if it was the same as before, but instead of lava falling it was phazon.

They should have a level with phazon. It could make your attacks more powerful for a short amount of time after touching it, but also deals you damage.