NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I don't think that the Ancient Minister is Meta Knight, but the similar eyes and the fact that Meta Knight's ship is involved certainly suggests some kind of link.

yeah thats why i think he is posessed by some sort of higher power or something like that and when you defeat him he turns to normal and will join the fight

I wonder if they are ever going to tell us what development team is making the game...

Mad update. :hehe:

I love how it's got such a dark vibe to it though, great atmosphere. Pretty violent too (by Nintendo's standards) the way Mario gets hit in the face and Petey smashes the two cages together! :heh:

I also love that Sakurai protected his child (Kirby) and sent Mario flying lol

And why the hell did he play to the old 'Princess gets kidnapped' cliche? Gah! 10 quid the Petety battle involves water.

Yea, I love it that.

Still, does this mean that you don't select your character in the adventure mode? And that Kirby is the first character you control in the story.

:laughing: Yeah, but how the hell is Kirby going to get out of that one!?

Yea, I love it that.

Still, does this mean that you don't select your character in the adventure mode? And that Kirby is the first character you control in the story.

Here's how I see it.

Mario must battle his way back to that stadium. This will no doubt involve meeting with lots of different characters. You'll probably start with Mazza, then play as others as the story progresses. Perhaps Fox, Falcon and Samus infriltrate the Halberd whislt Mario, Link and the rest battle on land, protecting their lands from the Ancient Minister. If characters are pre-selected for each level, then the game could use this well, with later levels involving enemies that play hugely against the characters weaknesses. For instance, Bowser's levels being filled with speedy, projectile based Primid.

Nice FMV. I just hope that they don't show all the FMV's from the game, or I will be annoyed!

And yes it does seem quite violent and scary.

And why the hell did he play to the old 'Princess gets kidnapped' cliche? Gah! 10 quid the Petety battle involves water.

That's pretty much the point I think, to make fun of clich'es. He did it when he introduced peach.

I liked this update. Not what I was expecting, but cool nonetheless.

R.O.B.s are an old school force and Petey is one of the most recent mario villains.

This is exactly what a crossover story should be. A new main villain with some known faces among them, princesses doing what they do best in the games and someone other than mario getting the spotlight.

i think there are two adventure modes in this smashbros brawl classic adventure that you can choose your characters randomly and the new one where there is a real storymode in it

i hope there is also a story in it for snake i would really love that with the awesome cutscenes he has in his previous games

And it seems like there might be other storylines available...perhaps this is like the Event mode from melee merged with the Adventure mode.

Here's one question...

....Will unlockable characters take part in this story?

I'm going to guess that you won't play as any of the unlockable characters in the story (you may fight against one or two). I don't see how it will work otherwise, and it keeps the story as a huge Nintendofest. (as 3rd part characters are likely to be unlockable ones.

Still. This really does show his love for Kirby.

Oh, and NGamer's caption for this image:

untitled3ht9.jpg

Had me laughing for about an hour.

Contrary to the average opinion in here, I think the homing Clawshot is a good idea. The Hookshot was simply too useless in Melee, as you had to time it perfectly to get it right (failure resulted in a guarateed death), and considering the Spin Attack was more efficient, the Hookshot was completely unnecessary.

Personally, I think Sakurai's making the game too easy to master. I mean, easy meteor smashes with the foot stool jump? Easier to perform aeriel combos? and now a homing clawshot?

And as for the hookshot, there were times where the hookshot was the only way to survive, for example when using up+b wouldn't get you high enough. Also, edge against someone who is using the spin attack is notably easier than if they use the hookshot > jump method.

Not that anyone plays link competitively anyway :heh:

I really hope they add some more Pokemon into it which come out of the Pokeballs. They always add so much variation and hilarity into the game. Mad rushes to get to the Pokeball, big fights, then it comes out as that fish which doesn't do anything.

im not bothered if they make the game a little easier to pull off moves, hell why should it only be the friendless wounders who get to pull off the moves? im sure that there will be countermeasures and what not that add to the degree of skill.

personaly, i think the competitive play takes away from the fun, i always liked playing as my fave caracters, not the ones i was best with, and using the items when they fall. smash bros is more about fun then anything else, except maybe a celebration of all things nintendo.

If a game isn't challenging to master, then that isn't very fun now is it?

If a game isn't challenging to master, then that isn't very fun now is it?

Smash is gonna stay Hardcore. Trust me. Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Do you think online play will be a definate?

Somehow, after Mario Football (connection cutting roughly every two games), I can't really see myself enjoying online play as much as I could unless Nintendo fixes something with the wifi connection.