NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Phendrana Drifts would PWN beyond belief. Just imagining it makes me feel fuzzy inside.:santa:

Magmoor would own too, just not as much, especially with the sinking platforms.

You know what level would rock? A death Mountain level from OoT, where you're fighting inside the volcano. Would be like the planet Zebe's level with rising lava but with Gorons in the background.

Also, i would like Darunia to be a playable character. Coolest Goron ever :heh:

I absolutely love mario sunshine! Its so light hearted, and there is even a story behind it. With characters like yoshi make some good appearances. And the amount of levels was great for a gamecube game for me. One of my favourites on Gamecube. Apart from Melee ofc.

agreed. I loved the game, not as much as mario 64 at first because that was actually the first game i'd ever played, but now choosing between them, sunshine wins.

Sunshine kicked ass. What sunshine had what 64 hadn't was the gamecube controller and the super perfectly tight controls. Don't get me wrong, 64 had brilliant controls, especially for it's time, but sunshine surpassed it. Anyway enough about that...

I would love anything Metroid. Phendrana, Tallon Overworld, Sanctuary Fortress... and have a Space Pirate as a playable character.

I would love anything Metroid. Phendrana, Tallon Overworld, Sanctuary Fortress...

A level set in Phendrana would be brilliant, the music from that stage was great too.

Image-Pit3.jpg

The head of Palutena's personal bodyguards, Pit traveled near and far to gather Three Sacred Treasures that would help him defeat the evil goddess of darkness, Medusa, and free Palutena, the goddess of light. Pit couldn't fly with his little wings; only the Wings of Pegasus let him take flight. Will Pit ever fight again?

Was Pit planned to be in "Super Smash Bros 3" since Melee? (And they seem to have renamed "Wings of Pegasus" to "Wings of Icarus")

How about a Glitzville arena?

Maybe that's a bit outdated, with there beign a newer Paper Mario :(

How about a Glitzville arena?

Maybe that's a bit outdated, with there beign a newer Paper Mario :(

Wont a better area from Paper Mario 2 be better than Glizville ie Twilight Town or on top the moving train.

I would love anything Metroid. Phendrana, Tallon Overworld, Sanctuary Fortress... and have a Space Pirate as a playable character.

Meta Ridley would be better than a Space Pirate.

Meta Ridley is an enormous 50 feet tall cyborg dragon. He would be better as a boss in adventure I think.

Meta Ridley is an enormous 50 feet tall cyborg dragon. He would be better as a boss in adventure I think.

it would be awesome if it was like that.

I think the end of the first adventure level should be different for each character. Similar to the end of Contra games when you get to the end and there's a MASSIVE boss, i think it'd be cool if you got to end and there was a massive boss and it had HP (like master hand).

On that note, im downloading Contra now :)

Well the playable characters get re-size in Super Smash Bro series ie Bowser, Pikichu and Kirby.

Wont a better area from Paper Mario 2 be better than Glizville ie Twilight Town or on top the moving train.

Meta Ridley would be better than a Space Pirate.

Wouldn't be able to say until it comes out over here :p

If Ridley shrank to the size of bowser in Melee, he would look like a feeble little imp. It wouldn't really do justice to the fiercesome Ridley we know.

If Ridley shrank to the size of bowser in Melee, he would look like a feeble little imp. It wouldn't really do justice to the fiercesome Ridley we know.

What if he was more like Giga Bowser size. I think that would work well actually.

Is it me or do some of these images look really fake?

The one where they're in front of the fountain looks pretty fake, they're just stuck in front of the background. Mario's running on the stairs barrier when realistically they'd be slightly back from the stage near the fountain. Note how on this picture they're all airborne. It would be hard to make this look real if they had to put them on the ground on stage.

They just pasted character images on top of the Delfino backgrounds. Hence no shadows, hence... looks fake.

Space Pirate Commando:

spacepiratecommandopw2.jpg

180pxspacepiratemk4.jpg

Pulse cannons, EMP grenade launchers, cloaking devices, melee energy scytes, jetpacks, shield generators and the ability to fade in and out of the space time continuum at will.

"Designed to hunt the Hunter."

They have enough stuff to start a small war. More than suited to be in smash bros. You guys want it, you just don't know it yet.

(They're butt ugly though.)

Well the playable characters get re-size in Super Smash Bro series ie Bowser, Pikichu and Kirby.
Yeah exactly, they could just do Ridley like in the beginning of Melee;

sb2shot_03.jpg

I'd like there to be individual adventures in Brawl though, so perhaps Ridley could be Samus' end boss, or if Ridley is in the game, Kraid.

Was Pit planned to be in "Super Smash Bros 3" since Melee? (And they seem to have renamed "Wings of Pegasus" to "Wings of Icarus")

It's funny you say that. I'm sure Nintendo have been looking at bring Kid Icarus back sooner or later. The original sold over 1 million copies and it is no doubt a franchise which if Nintendo brought back they could turn it into something big. I mean it's perfect to go with the current state of video games and could be potentially huge.

I'm sure Nintendo plan on bringing Kid ICarus back in a full game, and SSBB is the first step is testing the public reaction.

Also there are two other trophey descriptions which 'hint' at a character returning in the next Smash Bro's game. King DeDeDe is one but I can't remember the other :(.

Some really cool ideas here. And i think it would be great to have a story mode for each character, kind of like what they do in tekken. More bosses like Giga Bowser in the game would be quality.

Id like to see a metroid level on an epic scale that say, takes 10 mins for it to cycle round the whole level. Rainbow ride and Poke Floats were good gimmicky levels, but if they could make them a lot longer there could be some serious Brawling.

that space pirate model is sh*t btw.

Site has been updated again. Anyone care to offer an opinion on the music?

Slightly lousy update... Music's nice though, i guess.

I'm sure Nintendo plan on bringing Kid ICarus back in a full game, and SSBB is the first step is testing the public reaction.

They probably did the same with Ice Climbers...but they wern't exactly popular in Melee.

Fantastic music. So, the Yoshi series composer and the Killer7 composer worked together on this.

So, that totally throws all the absurd "composer composing song for their character" rumours.

Music does what it's meant to. Not too fond of Yoshi in any sense to be honest.