NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Off topic...I would love if they made Street Fighter 2 (which is out in japan on launch for the virtual console :angry:) was online too...

Like on Xbox Live Arcade, heard it was quite laggy at first, but think its been sorted now.

As for Smash Bros, it looks so good, can't wait for online play will be so good. Hope the character roster is somewhere around 40.

Hmmm i was on Smashboards and there's alot of people confused about what occurs between 2:27-2:28... there's a lot of debate over what happens here. Many people think Fox is using his shine, I honestly can’t tell what is happening, but if he truly is shining, then it means the shine isn’t a spike anymore.

Anyway, i WISH they'd show us more soon. Seriously, i want this SO bad right now :(

Someone should get a screencap of the remake of the pokemon level from ssbm in ssbb.

wow i just noticed some very interesting things that will be loved by hardcore smash fans...

1. Short hopping is still in the game!

2. It appears at the end that fox jump-cancels out of his shine!

3. At 2:10 Wario wavelands (as he is still in his normal animation) before performing his dash-attack.

4. L-cancelling appears to still be in the game (as it was on n64+melee). Wario performs the same air move TWICE, yet one time, it has VERY little lag whilst the other does.

5. Rolling is very quick.

6. And finally, this trailer seems to be much like the original Melee trailer, where not everything has been added as the final DI isn't yet in the game (as it wasn't with Melee early on).

Thankgod the competitive things about Melee are still in. This will truly be Nintendos first competitive online game, and should rival Halo 3 pretty well :D

That post made me happy :bouncy:

I've only seen it once, but from the looks of things, Snake plays a lot like Falcon and Zamus plays like Sheik, but slower and with a sword/gun thing. And most of the moves have been kept the same. I need to watch this again.

And the Yoshi's Island stage looks amazing!

wow i just noticed some very interesting things that will be loved by hardcore smash fans...

1. Short hopping is still in the game!

2. It appears at the end that fox jump-cancels out of his shine!

3. At 2:10 Wario wavelands (as he is still in his normal animation) before performing his dash-attack.

4. L-cancelling appears to still be in the game (as it was on n64+melee). Wario performs the same air move TWICE, yet one time, it has VERY little lag whilst the other does.

5. Rolling is very quick.

6. And finally, this trailer seems to be much like the original Melee trailer, where not everything has been added as the final DI isn't yet in the game (as it wasn't with Melee early on).

Thankgod the competitive things about Melee are still in. This will truly be Nintendos first competitive online game, and should rival Halo 3 pretty well :D

Here's hoping they have two play zones. One for regular people wanting to have fun and another for super players to wank off at each other exploiting the game and claiming it makes them hardcore.

See now those techniques wouldn't be there if they didn't mean for people to use them, I doubt they'll create a separate mode for lazy dumbasses who can't be arsed learning to play the game properly.

See now those techniques wouldn't be there if they didn't mean for people to use them, I doubt they'll create a separate mode for lazy dumbasses who can't be arsed learning to play the game properly.

It's all about the fun. For you guys I'm sure it's all about the l-dashing and wave cancelling. For me it's about getting together with some friends, hurling PokéBalls across the map like a dirty whore and having an absolute blast.

I had this argument before though, so this is all pretty much retreading old ground.

Totally agree with you Guy, Smash Bros is just way too funny to be taken as strategically and seriously as something as DoA4 or Soul Calibur III. Smash Bros will always be just for shits and giggles...

Totally agree with you Guy, Smash Bros is just way too funny to be taken as strategically and seriously as something as Virtua Fighter or Tekken 5. Smash Bros will always be just for shits and giggles...

Fixed a bla bla

Here's hoping they have two play zones. One for regular people wanting to have fun and another for super players to wank off at each other exploiting the game and claiming it makes them hardcore.

True. I hate people who take the game to that level of ridiculus seriousness.

See, this is what's great about Smash Bros, it can be played just for laughs or seriously and still be pretty fun either way.

But the lazy people will just have to accept that they will get whooped online.

See, this is what's great about Smash Bros, it can be played just for laughs or seriously and still be pretty fun either way.

But the lazy people will just have to accept that they will get whooped online.

With items involved, even a noob like me could potentially defeat a wavezoomer like you. But I'll just be playing with the Halo 2 group online anyway.

Perhaps they should have a third play zone for regular people who think they're superior to 'super players' because they don't care about competition?

All in all, you're being a tad hypocritical. What you said could be applied to any game (or sport, for that matter) and in the end, both sides of the argument get you nowhere.

Everyone's really just being stupid. Playing it seriously is ok. Playing it for laughs is ok. I just don't see why everyone wants to go and bitch each other about how they play the game.

What really annoys me is people who whine because people online use advanced tactics to wipe the floor with them. That's the be expected, people like that can just shut up. There's nothing to argue about here.

If this game is any good you can get rankings of how good you are and then select opponents of the same level. No need to worry.

Man, this game is going to be so hot :D I spent one entire year of playing SSBM at least once a day even when there was no one to play with, this going to be better still.

For me it's about getting together with some friends, hurling PokéBalls across the map like a dirty whore and having an absolute blast.

ha ha I just tried to imagine a dirty whore throwing pokemon balls all over the place.. probably wont find any in any Nintendo game.. well.. there is always kirby.. http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=182

well im probably one of those who will get a beating online.. there is so much to the cube version i never found out.. will have to give that one a go again one of these days..

I hope Wario has moves from Wario World. (Grabs)

Pull a trick or two with reference to the Wario Ware games that have made him a star and also go back to his roots with Wario Land on Gameboy, the dash, the ground pound, and either the jet duck like helmet, the horns, or the dragon helmet that breathes fire can temporarily appear on his head.

Has it been confirmed to have online play yet?

It got confirmed when it got announced at E3 last year.I agree with 3rds hardcore statement and some people do take this to seriously.

It's all about the fun. For you guys I'm sure it's all about the l-dashing and wave cancelling. For me it's about getting together with some friends, hurling PokéBalls across the map like a dirty whore and having an absolute blast.

I couldnt agree more. Having played Smash Bros many a time with my mates not once did all the tactical moves come into play, its all about having a laugh. Like its been said before I will only be playing with people that I know are just out to play the game none to seriously.

Oh yeah and Pokeball matches rule!

I just watched the trailer again now and I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with the stages, they all seem to just be a bunch on platforms with different themed back grounds, the only inventive one I saw was the Mario Kart track, but the rest seem a little dull, especially the Star Fox and Metaknight levels. :hmm:

I just watched the trailer again now and I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with the stages, they all seem to just be a bunch on platforms with different themed back grounds, the only inventive one I saw was the Mario Kart track, but the rest seem a little dull, especially the Star Fox and Metaknight levels. :hmm:

Same here! I didn't think it was an "awesome" trailer! In matter of fact it was kind of dissapointing. I didn't see any progress at game since E3's show.

Well, it's soon to talk thought! Better wait!

Perhaps they should have a third play zone for regular people who think they're superior to 'super players' because they don't care about competition?

All in all, you're being a tad hypocritical. What you said could be applied to any game (or sport, for that matter) and in the end, both sides of the argument get you nowhere.

I'm not superior. They're the ones saying we'll all get our asses kicked online because we didn't learn to play "properly". And by properly they mean learning all those silly wavebouncing and shield dashing attacks. There are two levels of Smash Bros. players - those who are/or want to be elite and those who simply are not/have no desire to be. I eat my lunch with the latter.

Even if all those "moves" were left in the game intentionally (I'm sure some of them weren't) it's still the equivalent of using the noob combo in Halo 2. Cheap and annoying. I admit it's probably more skill-based to play with those attacks but don't really see the point.

This argument will go nowhere, you're right. Let's call it a day.