N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

entry_banner.jpg

King DeDeDe

kingdedede.jpg

The self-proclaimed king of Dream Land formally joins the brawl! With his newly-mechanised wooden mallet, he delivers a mighty, earth-shaking blow!

He joins as a member of the heavyweight class alongside Bowser and Donkey Kong. Can he defeat Kirby?!

kingdedede_071025a-l.jpg

kingdedede_071025b-l.jpg

kingdedede_071025c-l.jpg

kingdedede_071025d-l.jpg

[/Quote]

Really good update, I certainly wasn't expecting another Newcomer. I wonder how many there are still left, assuming they only update starters on the site?

Only Ridley is left on that character poll (at least from the higher amount of votes) , the rest (Ike, Diddy, King DeDeDe) were added already. :D I'm not expecting Geno though, because he's third-party and Megaman would take that place already.

King Dedede(5) Confirmed

Diddy Kong(4) Confirmed

Geno(4)

Ike(4) Confirmed

Ridley(4)

Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)

Krystal(3)

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool update. I never really liked the design of Dedede as a character, but I'd never say no to more first party character updates for Brawl. Now where's Ridley? The Metroid franchise really seems to be being neglected for Brawl. :( (Although not as badly as F-Zero at the moment, I have to say..)

Nice update. Quite unexpected too.

Why do you think Geno won't be in? I'd say that's likely seeing as he's from a third party developer, but in a Nintendo game. More likely than the Final Fantasy characters.

It was said there would be about 2-3 thirdparty characters total. I think Megaman (or maybe even Bomberman) has a bigger chance of fitting that last slot than Geno, as he's appeared in many more games and is much more popular. I'm definitely not expecting any Final Fantasy characters though.

You know, i wonder if they do include Megaman which 'version' he will be.

Original (in sprite form)?

Original remade like Pit.

Megaman X...

Theres alot of possibilities but a giant moveset :p Especially if he keeps his wall jumping ability, that'd be awesome to do on the edge of an arena.

Hmm. I wonder if we'll see any third party characters that don't make it as a character in assist trophy or normal trophy/sticker form?

Probably only from the same franchises as the third party characters.

This makes me much more confident that Ridley will be playable.

Abou time Dedede was in! :hehe:

I remember when I first bought Melee, I was pretty disappointed with the absence of Wario, Diddy and Dedede (important characters from great Gameboy games). And now, they're all in! :grin:

This update also brought us Dedede's entrance (I bet Bowser doesn't have that kind of treatment), as well as the first new kirby hat.

Sakurai really made the best of this announcement.

Now, the "obvious" characters that are still left unannounced are Ridley and Krystal.

What are we up to now?

*checks*

Not all the vets have even been revealed yet and my bet is the roster isn't going to be more than 30. That would just be over baring.

I mean its fairly certain imo that the following aren't coming back:

Pichu

Mewtwo

Mr. Game and Watch

Dr. Mario

I'm actually very dissapointed with the announced characters. There have been far more characters I don't like or have never seen before compared to those who I like, and Dedededede, or whatever he is called, fits in both categories.

The only one I'm really happy about is Ike. TP Zelda, Pokemon Trainer and Wario is ok, but the rest of them I really don't want to be in the game.

I want Presea, Isaac, , Kalas, Krystal, Tom Nook and Olimar if anyone cares

What are we up to now?

*checks*

Not all the vets have even been revealed yet and my bet is the roster isn't going to be more than 30. That would just be over baring.

I mean its fairly certain imo that the following aren't coming back:

Pichu

Mewtwo

Mr. Game and Watch

Dr. Mario

Hmm..I sort of feel this way...Come to think of it, I am still completely satisfied with Smash Bros 64's roster, it included the characters that, you know, count...King Dedede...I dunno. :/

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!