NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Ice Mario does rock my world. There's just so much genius behind the game. The whole package is beautiful. Up to 65 stars now and still going. :)

I thought Bonefin's Galaxy, with that "boss fight" against King Fin was excellent. I was humming the Jaws theme whilst doing that. :D

That, and the Matter Splatter Galaxy. :)

I'm having a hard time picking a favourite galaxy, all have great moments.

And all this talk is making me wanna play it again, maybe create another save and get another 242 stars.

I don't know if I have a favourite galaxy, don't really remember them too well heh.

I just picked it up again and collected a few stars. I now have 75 of them. I barely seem to have any of the comet stars, but I fail at those anyway (not good at these sort of timed challenges and stuff).

I also need to find another green Luma somewhere to open a door, hmm...

Ice Mario was cool, but I think my favourite power up was Fire Mario, simply for nostalgic reasons. It was the first time we had Fire Mario in 3D. It was just a shame that it was a timed power up and the music was annoying.

But definitely keep Fire Mario in ALL future 3D (and 2D) Mario platformers, it's just classic.

As for favourite galaxies, the Desert one is way up there, and the Melty Molten Galaxy also, both for the galaxy itself and also the excelent music.

A great thing about SMG is that it had so many one star galaxies, which made the game so much more varied than its predecessors. I never counted but it probably has more levels than SM64 and SMS put together.

Buoy Base Galaxy.

Best one star Galaxy because of its EPIC music :D

(It actually had a hidden green star as well)

Buoy Base Galaxy.

Best one star Galaxy because of its EPIC music :D

(It actually had a hidden green star as well)

One of my favourites if only for the music, along with BattleRock and SpaceJunk.

That's it, I'm playing it again.

I think the FreezeFlame Galaxy is a contender for my favourite galaxy, with 'Conquering the summit' one of my favourite stars.

Toy Time Galaxy is also fantastic... anything that starts off with retro music and a train instantly gets my vote!

I decided to get back into Galaxy tonight, and this is the exact point i'm at.

It took me quite a while to get the triple jump down to even start the 'conquering the summit' star :red: It also took me a fair bit to find the last two purple coins :grin:

Toy Time Galaxy, does start out great. I've only done it's first star but i thought the level was well designed, and Spring Mario made an appearance (i quite like using the spring).

Last thing i'm gonna say...

I finally found the secret star on Dusty Dune Galaxy aswell. The number of times i've done that level trying to find an alternate route is beyond belief, then I just found it tonight by accident :D

Last thing i'm gonna say...

I finally found the secret star on Dusty Dune Galaxy aswell. The number of times i've done that level trying to find an alternate route is beyond belief, then I just found it tonight by accident :D

I'm probably wrong, but I think I actually found the secret star for that one before I actually found the star I was meant to be working on. Haha.

Just checked, I think I have got it right.

I took me forevarrrrrr :(

I only noticed that the little planet was filling and emptying of sand because i took a phone call and didn't bother pausing the game.

Then there it was kicking me in the balls.. "Helloooo" :grin:

I took me forevarrrrrr :(

I only noticed that the little planet was filling and emptying of sand because i took a phone call and didn't bother pausing the game.

Then there it was kicking me in the balls.. "Helloooo" :grin:

Haha, unlucky.

I think I'm going to put this on now and play for a bit. I'm really determined to get all these stars. :D

Buoy Base was great. Can't pick a favourite galaxy though.

Music wise, I love: Good Egg Galaxy (stunning), Gusty Garden, Buoy Base, Battlerock and the Bee galaxy. Megaleg's tune was also fantastic.

Music wise, I love: Good Egg Galaxy (stunning), Gusty Garden, Buoy Base, Battlerock and the Bee galaxy.

Finally, someone recognises how awesome the Gusty Garden music is. But then ruins it all by mentioning the horrible Bee music. That song just drills through my brain. >:(

There's few games where I have wanted to play levels purely for the music, but I did many a time with Galaxy - especially in Battle Rock and Gusty Garden.

Finally, someone recognises how awesome the Gusty Garden music is.

Finally? It's almost everyone's favourite track from the game!

Last night's session was interrupted by my brother bringing me home some fried chicken. On the one hand, I love chicken. On the other, I wish he could have arrived maybe an hour or so later. Still, I'd earned myself 2 stars before he arrived, so that's good.

And tomorrow, I'll be going off to London and Brighton for 5 days, so I won't get a chance to play this. When I get back, I'm leaving again 2 days later. So...I've got tonight and two days worth of Galaxy Lovin' until January. Just when I'm at the peak of my enjoyment with eet.

:(

Last night's session was interrupted by my brother bringing me home some fried chicken. On the one hand, I love chicken. On the other, I wish he could have arrived maybe an hour or so later. Still, I'd earned myself 2 stars before he arrived, so that's good.

And tomorrow, I'll be going off to London and Brighton for 5 days, so I won't get a chance to play this. When I get back, I'm leaving again 2 days later. So...I've got tonight and two days worth of Galaxy Lovin' until January. Just when I'm at the peak of my enjoyment with eet.

:(

I thought you said you were going to do those comet stars on my game? You're free to do it really, just don't go and finish the game (I want to do that myself). =P

I thought you said you were going to do those comet stars on my game? You're free to do it really, just don't go and finish the game (I want to do that myself). =P

Oh, I will do those for you. But, it won't be helping my save file. :heh:

There's few games where I have wanted to play levels purely for the music, but I did many a time with Galaxy - especially in Battle Rock and Gusty Garden.

Who are you? and where did you come from? :hmm:

I loved galaxy, can't wait for the second one. The music was great and every Galaxy was beautiful designed.

how many people picked up the soundtrack?

how many people picked up the soundtrack?

If by 'picked up' you mean 'dowloaded illegally' then yes:grin:

Up to 97 stars now. I've just finished the purple coins from Toy Time Galaxy, which i reckon was one of the hardest stars to do so far.

Might get some more in after MotD, though i'm in work for 9 so maybe not.

Really glad you guys reminded meto get back into this :D

Just saw the supposed August release stuff on the first page and man...I really don't expect that to be true.

I've always thought of this game as being this year's big Christmas hit. It just seems like Nintendo's style to do that. There isn't going to anything better for hardcore gamers at Christmas. They can't market Metroid: Other M as a big Christmas game as Metroid has only ever appealed to a pretty small number of people sadly.

Zelda is definitely going to be a 2011 game so it can't be a Christmas title either.

EDIT: Oh shit this is the Galaxy 1 thread. Damnit.