Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty crap that MP3 won't have online Multiplayer.

One of the most common requests after MP2 was "Just drop the multiplayer"

The fans got what the fans asked for. Then complained about it.

About Visors

Normal:

119828-15-2.jpg

Scan:

119828-12-2.jpg

Another one:

119828-6-2.jpg

What's the last one?

About Visors

Normal:

119828-15-2.jpg

Scan:

119828-12-2.jpg

Another one:

119828-6-2.jpg

What's the last one?

I'd guess it's the normal Combat Visor but just in "hyper" mode... Ya know, the phazon induced Samus..?

Why the heck would anyone ask them to remove the Multiplayer. There was ONE thing spoiling it: the controlls. You have to press L to strafe, making it impossible to turn, atless you use the lockon, which takes all the skill away. In the Wii-version, that would have been naturally solved.

If they'd added a server option for disabling lockon, then that would've made everyone happy.

I don't get people who ask developers to remove game modes that don't actually interfere with any other mode. OK, people hate the on foot sections of Starfox Assault, because they ruin the single player experience. Sure, remove it. But here it was just complete bullocks...

Guess I'll have to start playing Hunters online...grrr

A kind of X-ray visor has also been confirmed during last E3 to use a beam firing threw walls.

Can't wait for this game!

The space pirate's experiments and infrastructures with all the atmosphere revolving around miss me a lot in Prime 2. That's mostly why I didn't appreciate it as much as Prime 1. Still an excellent game despite this.

Why the heck would anyone ask them to remove the Multiplayer. There was ONE thing spoiling it: the controlls. You have to press L to strafe, making it impossible to turn, atless you use the lockon, which takes all the skill away. In the Wii-version, that would have been naturally solved.

If they'd added a server option for disabling lockon, then that would've made everyone happy.

I don't get people who ask developers to remove game modes that don't actually interfere with any other mode. OK, people hate the on foot sections of Starfox Assault, because they ruin the single player experience. Sure, remove it. But here it was just complete bullocks...

Guess I'll have to start playing Hunters online...grrr

You should realise that you can't ask a developer to completely change the gameplay basics for multiplayer. It seems to me you don't want Metroid multiplayer, you want FPS multiplayer. Metroid is not a FPS, and so it won't get FPS multiplayer.

Personally, I'm glad it isn't in it as it only means the single player is better. Wouldn't mind seeing NST having a go at Metroid Prime Hunters Wii though.

Instead of doing that why don't nintendo just make a new franchise that focuses on FPS instead.
That'd be even better. The Metroid universe isn't really suited that well for online multiplayer games.

This might sound a bit too similar to Halo, I don't know, I haven't played the Halo games much, BUT:

How about an online FPS set in the Metroid universe with players taking the roles of Federation Troopers?

There could be all sorts of scenarios possible against space pirates. War, subterfuge etc...

Have Samus in a cameo where she drops by in her gunship to clear an obstruction for you.

This might sound a bit too similar to Halo, I don't know, I haven't played the Halo games much, BUT:

How about an online FPS set in the Metroid universe with players taking the roles of Federation Troopers?

There could be all sorts of scenarios possible against space pirates. War, subterfuge etc...

Have Samus in a cameo where she drops by in her gunship to clear an obstruction for you.

That sounds like a good idea, they could do it Half Life style and the game taking place during the story of Prime 1 or 2. Or maybe some sort of clean up crew after the events of the Prime trilogy.

Who was it that came up with the idea for SR388?

Any of you guys remember it? They imagined an MMOFPS where you could choose your side, Federation Trooper or Space Pirate and then go from there, trying to gain control of the planet and the Metroids etc...

Who was it that came up with the idea for SR388?

Any of you guys remember it? They imagined an MMOFPS where you could choose your side, Federation Trooper or Space Pirate and then go from there, trying to gain control of the planet and the Metroids etc...

I rememeber it! and just searched for it...

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433&highlight=sr388

Not the original thread about the idea, but it's shown/explained!

It's funny how the idea of a Federation Trooper FPS seems to get refreshed/mentioned again every month or so and spoken of again as though it's a brand new idea, lol!

I rememeber it! and just searched for it...

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433&highlight=sr388

It's funny how the idea of a Federation Trooper FPS seems to get refreshed/mentioned again every month or so and spoken of again as though it's a brand new idea, lol!

Yeah he did! I thought it was a great idea!

And it is true that everyone seems to always say "yeah that'd be a great idea" without remembering the last time someone said! Ha ha

I think it was I who originally posted the idea in it's own thread, albeit many moons ago...

Federation Troopers vs Space Pirates would be cool in mulitplayer, kind of like the SC4 multiplayer, with one team (troopers) in first person, and the other (pirates) in third person, with ability to climb on walls and stuff.

:laughing: Haha.

Oh nuts.

I can still take credit for the Samus cameo right? RIGHT?

I dunno if this has been posted or whatever but according to the Nintendo rep who was in today (who granted is hardly the best source for info but hes gotta be a bit more clued in than the average Joe) this game is pencilled in for September in Europe.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!