Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I had to do an update aswell, probably for the WiiConnect24 stuff on this.

This game is amazing. Now back to playing...

Is that update done through the internet? Cause I don't have wi-fi so my wii is offline and it would suck not play the game because of that... My firmware is still 2.2E, I believe (before the clock was added)

I think you can skip it, not 100% though. I think it gave you the choice. i just done it anyway cause I was dying to play it.

Fantastic game, I think this is my favorite Metroid game so far, just need to see how things turn out.

What mode are you guys doing? I'm on Veteran.

I think you can skip it, not 100% though. I think it gave you the choice. i just done it anyway cause I was dying to play it.

Maybe the update message only appears in consoles connected to the net. I say this because I also heard (and read in the manuals) that both Trauma Center and Super Paper Mario might present the update message, but I have those 2 games and none of them asked me to update anything. And like I said, I have the firmware from before the clock.

And yes, I will play the game on Veteran, because that's the normal mode, not the hard mode. The Hard mode will be unlocked upon completion of the game, like all the other Primes.

Sorry guys but as I don't have my Wii back from Nintendo yet, that unfortunatly means that you can't play your copies of MP3 until I can.

Sorry, dems the rules.

It seems that no one is obeying these rules, but regardless of all the posts saying how much fun your having. I refuse to believe that you are playing it, and you are posting this all as a big joke. That is what is happening and nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Ignorance is bliss

Probably Vet here too, i'm sure it'll look lovely and jaggy on my HDTV... but i don't care. I just want some hot Metroid action.

Heard it looks awesome on a HDTV. Thats what I'll be using anyways when the bloody thing arrives.

How I envy you guys!

Weell I've been playing it for a bit now.

Aesthetically, it looks like the previous title on the GC really. Since I've recently been playing Halo 3 on my HDTV at 1080i well... it's basically impossible for me to be impressed with it graphically. But it's still got that retro/nintendo arty feel to it.

The controls are something I'm gradually getting used to, I struggled at one point with enemies that constantly circled me, but I'm getting it down now. Some of the push n pull stuff with the wii mote is great fun. I went in on normal, and now wish I had picked veteran as once I started to clambor over the control hurdle, it got a little bit easier. But who knows, there's much more to come :)

The story's decent enough, I've no idea how it's going to progress as I vigilantly remained spoiler free until it fell though my letterbox this morning. I do like it's 'unique' feature, although I won't tell everyone what it is, in case they don't know. It somehow reminds me of some kind of ability a shonen anime character would have :heh:

The soundtrack has actually bugged me :/ The opening music was great and all, but a few levels in, when I was on Bryyo (I think it was called) there was an 'epic' style deep chorus that seemed to be trying to echo Halo but instead became irritating and repetitive. I've never been bugged by a game soundtrack before, but I had to turn it off.

Anyway it's very deep and enjoyable as the previous titles have been, with some fun new features, I look forward to getting into it further.

Oh Cmon I hate these Halo 3 comparisons. In all FPS they make these. Halo was not the first game to have epic music, nor was it the first with a level in a spaceship, or with dual wielding or with the choice of only 2 weapons!

Needed to get that out of my system :P

Oh Cmon I hate these Halo 3 comparisons. In all FPS they make these. Halo was not the first game to have epic music, nor was it the first with a level in a spaceship, or with dual wielding or with the choice of only 2 weapons!

And it doesn't run in 1080i (or even 780), either.

It has taken me a while to get used to the controls. Still getting used to them. Bit better when i realised you can change some of the control settings (when z-locking i found it annoying that i still had to aim at the enemy manually while i Z-locked. I found it much better when i seen you can turn off the manual aim off when you Z-Locked.

Been so long since i have played a proper game for the wii (apart from paper mario) i just don't think i'm used to the wii controls!

I have been playing this for about half an hour and already im in love with it. The control scheme is so fluid and like Redshell I picked it up straight away.

I have been spending alot of time in the 1st level just scanning stuff and getting some Friend Vouchers and various coloured credits. Took me a while to get 20 on the mini game on the 1st level but it was worth it :)