Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

The only thing worse than a loading screen, is a loading screen that waits for you to press a button after it's finished loading to continue. I've wasted many hours of my life reading manuals and things while thinking the game is still loading only to realize it's finished and there's a small "press A" prompt in the corner of the screen where "please wait" used to be.

Having to wait a second while a door opens is heaven in comparison.

Loading screens that show information needed for the level are perfectly fine with the "Press A",

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate loading bars that fill up to the top and then start from the beginning again a random number of times. The whole point of a loading bar is so you have an idea how much it has left to load. So just having a bar that fills up a random number of times completely negates that.

I think the pausing in metroid is fine, a Loading screen straight away reminds you that you are playing a game. Which pretty much kills any immersion that might of been built up. This way it just seems that the doors are old and in need of servicing, god damn space pirates. You'd think they'd realise if people could get about quicker then they would finish their reasearch before Samus even landed on the planet.

This new feature seems interesting. I only hope you have the opportunity to go back and get stuff you missed the first time. I hate "one chance" games where you've only got one chance to collect certain items and where you have to restart the game altogether if you miss them. It really reduces the replay value. The more freedom in an action/adventure game, the better.

This new feature seems interesting. I only hope you have the opportunity to go back and get stuff you missed the first time. I hate "one chance" games where you've only got one chance to collect certain items and where you have to restart the game altogether if you miss them. It really reduces the replay value. The more freedom in an action/adventure game, the better.

Bet you loved the first two then lol! In the first you can miss a scan in the first 5 minutes and it literally screws any hope of a 100% completion for the rest of the game!

i think prime 2 is the worst candiate for one time scans, thouse ing worm that onlky grow over boss doors in like one or two fights were so unfair.

just did my second play through,

100% items

100% scans

final battle was closest thing ever, had 20ish seconds left when i struck the death blow, probly wouldnt have had anouther shot.

is it me or was prime 2's final boss harder then in prime 1?

tis a great game mind you, the dark/light idea seemed pretty well thought out, and dark samus battles were pretty cool, specialy the second in the lift.

Hmm Prime 2 got pissed off at that. Some giant fish kept killing me so I stopped playing have no motivation to go back yet.

Yet I beat that boost bitch.

give it a go, but breaking it ups a killer, i couldent stop, gradual scanning revealing the story was so good. wasnt fond of going around to find every item. needless to say, once id gotten to the boss, i used a guide to find any extra items, round 28 of them i belive, if it hadnt been for family events ont he horozon, i might have forced myself on, but then again, i hate wondering around aimlessly.

i think prime 2 is the worst candiate for one time scans, thouse ing worm that onlky grow over boss doors in like one or two fights were so unfair.

just did my second play through,

100% items

100% scans

final battle was closest thing ever, had 20ish seconds left when i struck the death blow, probly wouldnt have had anouther shot.

is it me or was prime 2's final boss harder then in prime 1?

tis a great game mind you, the dark/light idea seemed pretty well thought out, and dark samus battles were pretty cool, specialy the second in the lift.

It always takes me a second play through to get it right. I always go voer to gamefaqs and get a one time scan list, otherwise it would take forever.

This game seems really intense... It seems different from MP1 and MP2 in that aspect, those were still quite subtle in the storytelling. It seems more like Fusion that way, and that's a good thing.

It looks like it's both at once. Like it has the non-direct story like Prime 1 & 2 (Things that happen before Samus gets there, and things that happen in different places to where Samus is, done by lores and logs), as well as the direct story like Fusion.

Sweet jesus this game looks incredible I wasnt as excited as I should have been until this. Gametrailers Preview.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23758.html

Warning spoilers but not beyond a few hours.

I love you dude.

This game is going to be SO damn good. :shakehead

ps. If you don't like spoilers I recommend you stay WELL CLEAR of that vid, and some other vids over at gametrailers.

I love you dude.

This game is going to be SO damn good. :shakehead

ps. If you don't like spoilers I recommend you stay WELL CLEAR of that vid, and some other vids over at gametrailers.

Sieorusly though this vid makes it look sooo sweet! Ironically at the bit where tehy said it doesnt look amazing at 5.10 that organic enviroment I thought looked incredible.

Also thank god for resi 4 style checkpoints!

Im so hyped for this now. :yay:

Sieorusly though this vid makes it look sooo sweet! Ironically at the bit where tehy said it doesnt look amazing at 5.10 that organic enviroment I thought looked incredible.

Also thank god for resi 4 style checkpoints!

Im so hyped for this now. :yay:

SPOILER ALERT

MP2 Vs MP3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23757.html

There are plenty more vids over at gametrailers

http://gonintendo.com/?p=23324

:bowdown:

ps. Only thing I don't like is it looks like its gonna be like hunters where you travel to different planets and they also said you wont be using the map much, but I LOVE using the map in prime. Its got the best map system out there. I just hope my fears about it being like hunters are laid to rest though.

Also not much backtracking:shakehead

All the things he said they fixed about the Metroid series are the things I love.:confused: We should get a review from Matt soon so hopefully he'll tell it like it is.

Also 7hrs in 15% (assuming that means 15% of items collected)

SPOILER ALERT

MP2 Vs MP3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23757.html

There are plenty more vids over at gametrailers

http://gonintendo.com/?p=23324

:bowdown:

ps. Only thing I don't like is it looks like its gonna be like hunters where you travel to different planets and they also said you wont be using the map much, but I LOVE using the map in prime. Its got the best map system out there. I just hope my fears about it being like hunters are laid to rest though.

Also not much backtracking:shakehead

All the things he said they fixed about the Metroid series are the things I love.:confused: We should get a review from Matt soon so hopefully he'll tell it like it is.

Also 7hrs in 15% (assuming that means 15% of items collected)

Ah jesus I watched that MP2v3 comparision before and I havent completed MP2! Needless to say I switched it off really quick lol.

I think the checkpoint system means backtracking wouldnt be so bad now so I hope they dont take it out completley and yeh I like using the map to.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!