NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

First review from Nintendo Power 10/10 (higher than Twilight Princess scored, nly the 2nd 10 in the mag's history the other one was RE4 ).

Sauce please.

OoT got 9.5 from that mag, to give you an idea of scale.

A good start, looking good. It's a must buy anyway, good reviews or not.

One guy on another forum says that Nintendo Power is just a marketing thing for Nintendo and the score will be influenced by Nintendo.

Is this true?

One guy on another forum says that Nintendo Power is just a marketing thing for Nintendo and the score will be influenced by Nintendo.

Is this true?

If that was true they'd mark every single ninty game almost perfect.

Nice first review are the other ones gonna be coming all next week now? What an exciting time to be a gamer! :yay:

Is this true?

I don't think so (well more like know so), I remember watching a GameTrailers special on Nintendo Power and Geoff Keighly asked them if they are pressured or feel pressured to give a good score due to their more direct (just more than other reviewers/ magazines) Nintendo affiliation? And they said no, that they're basically free to give their true thoughts on a game (They also mentioned the fact that how they've had quite a few non-Nintendo based covers too, to show that they're more independant in what they do).

And yeah, I agree with Haggis.

Oh, and fantastic for MP3, first review points to the revolution and expansion with the control scheme (plus more)

Nintendo Power is known to be actually kinda harsh on Nintendo games.

Did you guys read solitanze comment on the news on the main site?

It's so hilarious, I won't even erase it lol

Firstly before I post in direct reply to this news article. The following is of EXTREME CONCERN: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931329.asp

OOT is in serious danger!!! : ( ...

(Crosses fingers)

"Bioshock 96.2% at the absolute highest, Bioshock 96.2% at the absolute highest, Bioshock 96.2% at the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST...

Gold pure gold thanks for pointing that out hellfire lol

*Clicks on the main page and starts reading the comment*........pf...pfft hahahahahaha pure gold

OOT is in serious danger!!! : ( ...

Meh. It's just a list of opinions and lies, and means nothing.

Sol was such a prick...

Bioshock probably is a better game than OoT anyway!

nothing beats OOT its a real classic legend game, if they made a Remake of this game with more / larger dungeons i would be very happy

Nintendo Power is known to be actually kinda harsh on Nintendo games.

Did you guys read solitanze comment on the news on the main site?

It's so hilarious, I won't even erase it lol

Get him back in here, I loved that guy, as well as Nintendork, Dabookerman and a few others.

Sol was such a prick...

Bioshock probably is a better game than OoT anyway!

No, Bioshock will not be better than OOT, in ten years time people won;t still be talking about Bioshock in the same way they talk about OOT.

As for the Nintendo Power review, awesome stuff!

No, Bioshock will not be better than OOT, in ten years time people won;t still be talking about Bioshock in the same way they talk about OOT.

As for the Nintendo Power review, awesome stuff!

People still talk about the System Shock series, Bioshock is a spritual successor. Admittedly, its less scary than System Shock, but Bioshock is an astoundingly well made game, its production values are just off the scale.

As for Metroid? I just hope its as good as the first Prime! My favourite GC game!

Zechs, how can you say that when the game isn't out for another week? I admit it proboly won't but no one can say till they have played it all the way through...

People still talk about the System Shock series, Bioshock is a spritual successor. Admittedly, its less scary than System Shock, but Bioshock is an astoundingly well made game, its production values are just off the scale.

Well yeah. i just don't like it. but that is just my personal thing against blood, sex or sanity incorrect games. these games in the wrong hands (especially under aged people) is dangerous.

As for Metroid? I just hope its as good as the first Prime! My favourite GC game!

:bowdown: cant agree more!

So what if Bioshock beats OOT by a few points, what does it matter?

Its just a part of life now, superior facilities leads to superior results. It's bound to happen and unavoidable.

The professional sporting world is a primary example of this:

Harry Bonds HAS surpassed Hank Arrons all time home run record

Roger Federer WILL surpass Pete Sampras's all time grand time win record

Tiger Woods WILL surpass Jack Nicklaus's all time major win record

Murali (can't be bothered spelling his full name) WILL surpass Shane Warnes all time wicket record in the next test match or two he plays

and there are many more examples I can't be bothered listing here. But how does this relate to Bioshock vs Ocarina of Time? Simple, different eras with different resources available. Of course Bioshock with superior facilities and budgets can produce a game of higher quality. But a few decimal number cannot take away from OOT what it was able to achieve. To release at the time it did and blow everything else right out of the water, no decimal difference can take that away from OOT.

While this Bioshock business doesn't phase me, just search Bioshock beat OOT in google and you'll already see dozens of forum topics discussing the very issue. Mark my words, if this day actually comes, the internet will be clinically dead for a little while as a result of excessive rage...

EDIT: I just realised the magnitude of Bioshocks task of beating OOT. It appears to be cruisin' at the moment, but remember, Bioshock is released in an era where well over 100 reviews will be entered into the database. All these 90+ extra reviews being submitted need to consistently have a score above 95% to have any real chance of sticking above 97.7%. Also with 13 reviews thus far on 98.4%, it still needs 19 more reviews scoring over 9.5 to retain around the ratio its on. One of the usual low scorer guys will drastically drop the ratio. I think anyone who actually remotely cares about this, can rest easy, the task is extremely difficult and Bioshock will not beat OOT, especially when the Japanese reviews start coming in...

Oh yeah and Corruptions gonna be awesome :)

People still talk about OoT too and much more than System Shock. If it's better or not, it's up to taste.

I'm sure people still do talk about System Shock, however not in the same way they talk about OOT. Bioshock will not redefine gaming in the same way that OOT did.

Zechs' date=' how can you say that when the game isn't out for another week? I admit it proboly won't but no one can say till they have played it all the way through...[/quote']

Because OOT was something very very special, it was something that changed gaming and efined an era, in many ways it still sets the benchmark for 3D adventure games today.

I'm sure Bioshock will be an excellent game and will get great reviews. But if it ended up getting a higehr average than everything else in the Gamerankings chart then I'd be shcoked (no pun intended).

Cannot wait till this game, good ol nintendo power. Is anyone gonna import it? I might. And we get it before Oz. In your face, Australia!