NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

If you've seen E3 2006 and 2007 footage you've probably seen a large chunk of it anyways, but thats fair enough. : peace:
Doubt it. The demo levels of MP1 and MP2 were also random rooms from various areas in the game that were in different spots or only appeared later in the actual game. I don't believe that you beat Ridley after half an hour, for one thing.

I'm not watching that. I knew too much about the beginning of MP2, and that took away a lot of the enjoyment when I played it for the first time.

Demoes were extrememly popular in the ps1 era but since then nothing much.

The 360 downloadable demo service is awesome and millions have downloaded demos.

I hope Wii can get demo's as well.

The 360 downloadable demo service is awesome and millions have downloaded demos.

I hope Wii can get demo's as well.

Not until they announce a harddrive which I don't see happening anytime soon.:(

Doubt it. The demo levels of MP1 and MP2 were also random rooms from various areas in the game that were in different spots or only appeared later in the actual game. I don't believe that you beat Ridley after half an hour, for one thing.

Well what I'm trying to say is in the part I've watched; first 30mins there aren't too many spoilers. If you don't want to watch it thats fine, just putting it out there thats all. : peace:

e3:

th_45642_Samus_e3_122_354lo.jpg

New video:

th_45647_samus_now_122_792lo.jpg

They fixed her eyes!

Her eyes really looked terrible in that E3 video.

besides the brightness I don't see much difference.

Not as wide (upwards) and no more massive eyebrows basically.

Still don't get why they ditched the realistic looking Samus in favour of the more cartoony looking Samus, that doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the world!

metroidprime03.jpg

Samus%20008%20copy.jpg

I personally found MP1 Samus more out of place than the others; the game is not that realistic that it needs realistic-looking humans too.

Still don't get why they ditched the realistic looking Samus in favour of the more cartoony looking Samus, that doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the world!
Relax, when they make MP1 and MP2 Wiimakes they'll be sure to make all the faces the same :p

Well I think the series is more realistic than many,

plus I just don't like the fact they changed Samus' look between Prime 1 & 2, didn't see the need for it!

In MP1 Samus herself looked very generic. In MP2 (and other games) she doesn't - her MP2/MP3/Zero Mission/Brawl design looks like a unique character.

In MP1 Samus herself looked very generic. In MP2 (and other games) she doesn't - her MP2/MP3/Zero Mission/Brawl design looks like a unique character.
I agree she looks abit generic in MP1, but personally I just don't like the slight cartoony look in the Prime worlds.

But yeah the look works in 2D for Zero Mission and in the world of Smash Bros!

e3:

th_45642_Samus_e3_122_354lo.jpg

New video:

th_45647_samus_now_122_792lo.jpg

They fixed her eyes!

They fixed a lot of things, like the generals hat and overall appearance.

BTW the people all look surprisingly life like for a Metroid game. Not sure if I like that or not though.

metroidprime03.jpg

Samus%20008%20copy.jpg

I agree, she looked odd in MP2, it didn't fit the game. That look is fine in 2D or in Brawl, but MP is a serious game and the more realistic look ftted far better.

really? im hoping the next series of Metroid games goes for a more animated look. After Prime 3, i will have had my fill of realistic Metroid

Metroid Prime 1 Samus looks ace the rest oh dear god worse and worse but ah well wont let that spoil a awsome game./

There's no question as to which game Wii owners are madly clawing for - it's Metroid Prime 3. Imagine our happy surprise when the full game showed up on our doorstep yesterday afternoon, ready to share its precious secrets.

Being the kind-hearted souls that we are, we recorded the entire first hour of gameplay, and present it here, cut up into easily digestible bits. Hit the page tabs for more video and see everything from Grapple Beam to Morph Ball antics. Just bear with us - it's the first run though, and we might get stuck a couple of times.

Be sure to come back Monday for Samus's climatic showdown with Meta Ridley.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 1/6

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 2/6

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 3/6

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 4/6

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 5/6

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 6/6

- Graphical impressions are hard to make due to the poor quality of the video. But clearly, it looks better especially in terms lighting and texture clarity.

- Samus' eyes looked better in this video, but might just be the video quality.

- You can very faintly hear Samus' theme when she's in the ship.

- The ship controls are all awesome and very interactive.

- Voice acting for the most part is good. I saw one line repeat, but overall it's definitely not bad.

- The samus model is absolutely awesome.

- The cursor is smaller than it used to be.

- The map screen is pretty nice and unique. Features a cursor which should make things easier.

- The new morph ball bomb effect is very nice.

- Faces look a bit iffy close up.

- I think i saw a repeating character model.

- You can't shoot friendly characters - the cursor changes when you place it over a friendly character.

- If you scan a creature, it says creature scanned with the Samus symbol next to it.

- The captain's name is Admiral Dane.

- The blue glow from the charge beam remains, which looks awesome.

- I'm getting KOTOR vibes from bypassers talking to Samus. It's good stuff.

- Scanning is like a mix between Prime 1 and Prime 2. It looks great, especially with Samus' eyes in the background. No more 3D models - it's back to the Prime 2D art.

- Samus has to enter her own code - first she has to find it out, then she presses buttons with the wii remote.

- The three hunters appear early on. They speak like transformers. Ghor is the first to be shown. I'm not a huge fan of his design, it looks a bit stupid. I love Rundus' though.

- Admiral Dane's character model has been improved massively - he used to look ridiculous.

- When space pirates hit, great use of atmosphere. Lots of chaos.

- I love the exchange between Dane and Samus.

- This game truly is built for Wii.

- Loading on specific doors is a bit slow

- Looking out the window, seeing the battles in space.

- THOSE ACHIVEMENT THINGS ARE REAL.

- Troops sucked into space.

- Samus has to go through scanning to ensure it's her and that she's not corrupted with anything. Makes things even more immersive.

- This guy uses A to jump and B to shoot. Sounds good to me.

- Turning still looks a tad slow at times. But overall seems great.

- Gandrayda IS a shapeshifter. Awesome.

- Mother Brain speaks. Same voice as from the Wii videos.

- Rundus is huge.

Can you put that in a spoiler box? I read something that I'd rather had as a surprise in the game...

Yes, i watched all the videos.

No real spoilers to be honest, more just tutorial stuff.

Some great level design, seriously good textures for a Wii game, some nice set pieces. Kinda reminds me in some ways of the first level of Halo 1.

First review from Nintendo Power 10/10 (higher than Twilight Princess scored, nly the 2nd 10 in the mag's history the other one was RE4 ).