NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Well, it's better than usual, but yeah, Fusion's better. But the origins of Phazon, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, learning more about the Federation and the Space Pirates, it's pretty good. In many aspects it's better than Fusion now that I think about it. mmm..

Thanks for defending me (maase kisses the hand of Hellfire)... Godfather...

--------------------------

Anyway, this corruption thing looks so awesome to me :X

I think corruption's story is way better than the first two primes too! Why don't you like it?

I've got lots of friend vouchers and want some in return, anyone up for it?

They where comparing it to Fusion, not to the another Primes lol

Fusion had too much of a plot. Metroid's never really come across as something that needs an intricate plot to me.

Well i think the manga story beats anything on the games. Biatches.

Corruption's storyline isn't that great, and the Ridley boss isn't brilliant either. To be honest, the Prime series has a pretty normal storyline seeing as though it's a side story.

The whole of the main series storywise (inc. the manga) way outdoes Prime.

I think Corruption is overrated. It would have been perfect if they didnt make it appeal to fps fans by giving it cutscenes and other chars.

Also levels werent that interesting in my view. Where was the wow factor that you got from Phendrana?

Also, boss battles werent as good and there were way few puzzles.

Better points: pointer controls, hyper mode and umm, other things

Ive got the acid rain protector suit on hypermode now but havnt been bothered to play since having bought resi 4.

Metroid Prime will always be the best game of the 3, everything about it was better i think. It was also new back then, there were better exploration elements and the weapons were cooler. Levels and music owned. Ive probably said this 100 times already but it must be heard here! anybody agree with the majority of what ive said?

It was still a great game though!

i havent played this game for a while so i need some help :S because im stuck haha

i have to investigate a Pirate activity but i can't get there its where you have to find all 3 bombs :S but i need an upgrade to get there like a Purple lock or something to overide it with energy but i don't know how and i need also to unlock those Yellow locks where you see about 5 yellow dots in a row i tried shooting :S

if someone knows please let me know

You need to upgrade your beam. You do that on the next planet, the Pirate Homeworld. Remember, Metroid games are not linear (well, they are, but you know what I mean...). So just advance to the next world and then you'll come back. :)

You need to upgrade your beam. You do that on the next planet, the Pirate Homeworld. Remember, Metroid games are not linear (well, they are, but you know what I mean...). So just advance to the next world and then you'll come back. :)

Yeah I've just got to the pirate world and now have to backtrack to get what I assume is the spider ball...GRRRR...

Does anyone else find this game like really hard? It's constant back-tracking and trying to find hidden routes etc...make this bloody difficult!

I'm nearing the end now, i think, much longer then i expected. I do have to agree with 'dwarf gourami' in some-ways about the lack of more 'wow' moments in the level design. Don't get me wrong, the level design is often epic, but it just isn't as 'stunning' as i first thought, Metroid Prime 1 definately had the best level design, perhaps as it was less dark? I don't know....

I'm not to keen on all this corruption stuff either, but other then that MP3 is still pretty much flawless and one of Wii's best games. : peace:

Does anyone else find this game like really hard? It's constant back-tracking and trying to find hidden routes etc...make this bloody difficult!

At least this way you already have experience from the area you are back-tracking to, instead of new areas which don't make sense.

The game is hard, but I thought it was amazing from start to finish; the only bit that was mildly annoying was getting the power cells. But they were mainly fun. Love this game so much and although Prime 1 had more of an impact on me because it was the first, I think this is the better game!

At least this way you already have experience from the area you are back-tracking to, instead of new areas which don't make sense.

I suppose your right, i still get lost in the areas i've already been to! I reckon thats the 'point' though.

I'm used to games where you move forward i think...and go to new levels one after the after like Zelda.

Still shouldn't complain, it's so polished.

I actually playing Prime 1 now. Started Prime 2 a few days ago, but decided it was better to finish the final fight in the first game before starting its sequel. Now I cant wait to get MP3 and see how things have progressed.

Still to this day, years after the purchase of Prime 1, Im still awing at the games level design, texture, music and overall art direction. It just oozes atmosphere. It MP1 that really got me hooked on the Metroid franchise. Never got around to play Super Metroid, but after MP1, I soon got Fusion, which to me is one of my favourite GBA/Metroid/All-time games.

I only miss Metroid II and MP3 for the complete Metroid games collection :)

As for MP3's difficulty, is it harder than Prime1? I thought the game was easier because of Hyper mode. Also, is the same map function available in MP3? I really loved the 3D maps. It was very easy to figure out where to go, where the exact location (position and height) it of the door. I hope they kept it in here.

I actually playing Prime 1 now. Started Prime 2 a few days ago, but decided it was better to finish the final fight in the first game before starting its sequel. Now I cant wait to get MP3 and see how things have progressed.

Still to this day, years after the purchase of Prime 1, Im still awing at the games level design, texture, music and overall art direction. It just oozes atmosphere. It MP1 that really got me hooked on the Metroid franchise. Never got around to play Super Metroid, but after MP1, I soon got Fusion, which to me is one of my favourite GBA/Metroid/All-time games.

I only miss Metroid II and MP3 for the complete Metroid games collection :)

As for MP3's difficulty, is it harder than Prime1? I thought the game was easier because of Hyper mode. Also, is the same map function available in MP3? I really loved the 3D maps. It was very easy to figure out where to go, where the exact location (position and height) it of the door. I hope they kept it in here.

If you read my post earlier on this page you'll see me saying the level design isnt that great. Id say the difficulty is quite similar, but Metroid Prime probably tops it because of better bosses and more puzzles. Bosses I think were crap in corruption apart from the first Ridley boss which was unique. Scanning was way better in 1, much more interesting lore.

(I have to say if anyone's played corruption in hyper mode and tried swinging on the grapple hooks in skytown whilst those razore things murk you. That made me angry, I mean, what is the point? They take 3 shots each with the fire beam and you can barely hit them moving at 100mph.)

Hyper mode makes normal rooms with a couple of enemies in them easy, but there are certain sequences that are hard even with hyper mode, AKA bomb protecting.

Weapons were disppointing, there aren't any beam missile combos (well there's kind of one) and the green beam doesnt have much use. and i never uderstood the point in ship missile expansions...

Metroid 1 will always be the best 3D metroid, its just more enchanting, mysterious, creepier sound effects, best music since time and coolest weapons. I think Echoes is on par with Corruption even.

Seriously, playing 1 after corruption you get goose bumps. It is so much better, no matter how good corruption is. The opening sequence is quality, the morph ball is put to better use, power ups arent handed to you on a plate, there's way more intriguing puzzles and levels. Bosses like Thardus (my avatar) are incredible. I can blabber on.

Maps are no concren, its still fine, although there is one section that I found annoying in sky town where you collect the second bomb component, its difficult to decide where to go because some roots were blocked and the map bit of this section was hard to make out.

Chozo music and atmosphere = immense.

I'll have to say it's very close between Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3. I'd have to go with MP3 as my favourite Metroid game (and favourite game of all time).

I'll have to say it's very close between Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3. I'd have to go with MP3 as my favourite Metroid game (and favourite game of all time).

your opinion is wrong.

Explain how MP3 is a better game:

Are the puzzles better? No

Are the weapons better? No

Is shooting more fun? Yes

Are the graphics better? Yes

Is the music better? No (way)

Is the atmosphere better? No

Are the levels Better? No

Are the bosses better? No

Is presentation better? Yes

Are sound effects better? No

Does it leave you thinking, wow that looks awesome? No

Thats how I see it. What about you?

(please play prime 1 again and i hope you'll understand)

your opinion is wrong.

While I do agree with you on preferring Metroid Prime to Prime 3, you have to remember that this is the internet and that he most likely won't change his opinion, since if he does enjoy Prime 3 more than Prime, it's up to him to decide what his opinion is.

your opinion is wrong.

WTF how can you say someone's opinion is wrong. Who made you judge on the which is better. All was asked was your opinion, allowing others to make up their own mind.

Personally I love MP3. I loved MP1 too but the control scheme of 3 and the features that use it make a big difference. The chozo battles i do miss as those were fun and creepy, but could be annoying at the same time. Admitedly the fights aren't as epic as they were in MP1, as they were more fresh then.

The gun system in MP1, while being cool with the different options available, (one acted like a weak machinegun, another reminded me of the shotgun, while another, i guess could be seen as some sort of all powerful rail gun imo) was annoying as I found that it was difficult having to switch mid battle which was required for the bastard creatures that were the metroids and some bosses.

The moprh ball puzzles seem to be less numerous in MP3 than in MP1 but I think that's due to the different ways of interaction in this game.

Anyways don't have time to talk anymore but I enjoyed MP3 a whole lot more than i did MP1 which I still have.

your opinion is wrong.

Joke post right?

your opinion is wrong.
You fail.

Metroid Prime 1 still stands strong, but there's a lot of nostalgia attached to that. MP3 was a more convincing game; although MP1 had a real convincing atmosphere at times, Metroid Prime 3 made me really determined about finishing it.

Also, the music part is really subjective. Although there's nothing to beat the Phendrana Shoreline and Tallon Overworld music, MP3 excels in places like SkyTown (I love that music), and has a more consistent quality in my opinion (it doesn't do the weird techno music like MP1 does in the deeper Phendrana Drifts).

All in all, with the bonus of the sublime controls, I'd say Metroid Prime 3 at least equals MP1, but they're so close I couldn't say which I loved more.

mp3 has been my fave wii game, the only let down was a weak final act.

mp1 was sublime, but not perfect. looking back, its still a beauty, but not perfect.

compair the two, as objectivly as i can, 3 is better, for little reasons like graphics and big reasons like motion controle. but with all the nostalga, the dormant wow feeling in my soul and the ground breaking nature, prime 1 will always be my number 1