NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Am I seeing stuff?!

I was scanning something and the reflextion of her face looks all distorted! I starting to feel sad for her.

And about friend vouchers, can someone tell me how they work? I would like to unlock some stuff before ending the game.

The more corrupted Samus becomes, the more scarred her face becomes. It gets kinda creepy, especially right at the end. And her face looked so nice at the beginning.

About friend vouchers, you send them to other people and they get converted into friend tokens. If you want to unlock all the good stuff, you need to get someone to send you some of their friend vouchers.

DCK, wrote: "Have you ever even tried the Scan Visor :blank: It tells you freaking everything! It's exactly what you described you wanted!

Seems to me you lack a certain relaxation in confronting the bosses that is necessary to keep a good overview. In the Flaagra battle you mention, the timer is always more than enough to reach the slot to bomb, as long as you calmly Morph and just roll towards it. If you start jumping frantically towards the bomb slot however, of course you will miss it in your own fear of Flaagra's impressiveness. Also, if you took your time, you'd find there's an easy way to lock on to Flaagra, take a step back, and line up the mirror targets exactly with your Flaagra lock, knocking them out whilst being able to side strafe and dodge his attacks."

You nailed it dead on accurate there, DCK! I have heard people tell me about that problem in me before. There has been too much fear. As for the scan visor, I always used it in Prime 1, but didn´t always manage to flip it out in time in Prime 2 and 3, mostly because of the tenseness I felt when confronting the bosses. I think my main problem has always been confrontation in itself. The fear of it. So that when I am presented with a larger than life Boss character which I am asked to "fix", I panic. So, I will probably just have to try Prime 3 again. There isn´t much else to play right now anyways which is as good as that in terms of pure game quality. But I will complete Mario Galaxy first. Thanks again for your observation, insight and advice. It helps.

Haven´t studied the functions of the forum board yet, but I will look into it and see if I can figure it out.

It's really quite simple, you can dodge while scanning, so flip out the visor right away, scan the boss, and repeat if he mutates. Also read the extended log by pressing start or 1, it tells you its weakness directly most of the time. This can all be done easily as there's no boss that sends a unblockable stream of destruction to you right away. Second, just enter the fray without expectations, just jump around calmly to see what's the best way to dodge his attacks and make him show its weak points. If you do that, there's a good chance you'll wipe him the first time around.

Hell, I was down to 2 energy points twice in MP3 uptil now, and managed to still defeat the boss on the first go, because I didn't care whether I died or not, and kept on calmly dodging attacks and collecting energy. Every boss has a point where you can say you've figured him out completely and he is easy to beat.

hyrulian warrior, it seems to me you just look at things differently. for a lot of people, attack patterns are easy to learn, maybe not so for you.

my first play through prime 3 was on veteran. it was tough, the ice geezer, big statue and final boss were nails, i through 110% never yeild at them, and over came them in the end. i veiwed each failure as a learning curve, i noticed what helped and hindered, thats my play style, dig in.

im sure you have games you find easy that would make me shit a lung. if you didnt enjoy it you were right to sell it. i got grife off mates for selling mario party 8, but in the end 40 quid is 40 quid, you don't wanna waste it on somthing that you dont like.

Let me give you an example: remember the giant plant boss in Prime 1, that had mirrors which it used to stay alive during the battle? I died several times there, before somebody graciously told me that I had to hit the red lights behind each mirror first, in order to deactivate it. But nowhere in the game did it appear that that was the way to do it. And those lights were rather high up, and didn´t at all look like something you had to hit. I don´t recall any onscreen icons hovering near them either for guidance sake. So I didn´t see them at all!! And therefore didn´t know they were there. The violence of it´s attacks made it impossible for me to compose myself and figure out something.

Well, maybe you should start paying attention to the cut-scenes, because yes the initial cut scene does tell you that that's the way to do it. The cut scene shows the mirrors activating and shining light on the boss, it's not that hard to figure out that's his source of power...

"It's really quite simple, you can dodge while scanning, so flip out the visor right away, scan the boss, and repeat if he mutates. Also read the extended log by pressing start or 1, it tells you its weakness directly most of the time. This can all be done easily as there's no boss that sends a unblockable stream of destruction to you right away. Second, just enter the fray without expectations, just jump around calmly to see what's the best way to dodge his attacks and make him show its weak points. If you do that, there's a good chance you'll wipe him the first time around.

Hell, I was down to 2 energy points twice in MP3 uptil now, and managed to still defeat the boss on the first go, because I didn't care whether I died or not, and kept on calmly dodging attacks and collecting energy. Every boss has a point where you can say you've figured him out completely and he is easy to beat."

I guess I must have been too much like: going into a room, guns blazing, and naively hoping I could blow the bosses away like that. I wasn´t like that in Prime 1 though. For lack of any knowledge about how to really do it, I freaked. It was in itself a reaction to not being able to progress. And we do buy the games to see the end credits too. Don´t we?

Games are almost becoming a kind of education, because they have changed so much from the simple old-school sidescrollers and 8-16 bit graphics, to complex fully rendered, breathing, responsive worlds almost with a mind of their own. So the source of my greatest frustration was not knowing how to engage the biggest problems in mostly Metroid Prime 2 and 3. And I didn´t get much from the majority of the internet game walkthroughs, really. They are more technical, than philosophical.

What you describe as proper approach to the bosses, fighting philosophy if you will, is something I never thought of. I don´t have a lot of friends who play games, strangely. May change fast later. So it´s good that there are forums such as this where we can all help eachother to find clarity and understanding. Thanks again. You, and other members who replied to my posts, have helped me along to being a new gamer. I wanted you to know that. I really seriously needed to be told the part with how to calmly engage, and see what the boss does, and expose its weaknesses from its attacks, without fear of dying. Then attack it with that knowledge. Superior approach. Almost zenlike in its expression. Instead of walking in with fear of it. because that´s what I did starting in Prime 2. And I think it is because they had made that world far more scary than the brighter Prime 1 world. IGN expressed in their review of it that there were places they dreaded to go to in Prime 2.

It is exactly the fear that brings one to panic. And then it is all over real quick. A damning thing, when one wants to move further on into the game, and taste the wonderous feeling of accomplishment. I now believe that I got too much negative influence from that IGN review, and feared Dark Aether too much when starting to play the game. It was actually scary as hell in places, which I do believe many other gamers felt like I did. But to succumb to the fear was not the way. I did.

To rise above the fear is what I will now know how to do. And it feels great. Hell, I might even get so good at playing Metroid in the future that I will be surprised at my ability.

As for learning how to quote texts properly, no, I don´t know how to do that. There are many buttons in the menu above the text window. And I don´t know how to use them. Might find it out later though.

can anyone send over some vouchers. The reason i ask is i'd just like to see exactly what happens when you recieve them!

That's the spirit ^, now buy the games again and beat them.

Also, for quoting, just click the quote.gif button right there \/

can anyone send over some vouchers. The reason i ask is i'd just like to see exactly what happens when you recieve them!

I sent ya a PM!

i got a few to spare

How many vouchers does someone need to unlock all the stuff that requires friend vouchers? Think I have 16-18 to share.

Me too, if anyone's feeling generous :blush:

Thanks to any donors - I do have a few to spare in return!

How many vouchers does someone need to unlock all the stuff that requires friend vouchers? Think I have 16-18 to share.

I think you need 15 to unlock everything which requires green credits.

Well having not played this since Mario came out finally decided to get back into, didn't really expect to get right back into but I did, still not far though got to find the screw attack now...

Well got it a week ago and finished it this morning. Found it easier than both the other Primes, 2 especially.

Was a good game and well worth the money.

Hmm.

I'm struggling to get motivated to play this. I mean, I enjoy it when I do play it, but I never can be bothered to turn it on and get started. Also, I have this psychological thing in games like this with set save points - "Can I be bothered to play until the next save point? Probably not...better not continue" so progress is really slow. I'm still only on Bryyo. I wanted to get it finished before Zack and Wiki arrived but thats looking really unlikely. Plus I still haven't finished RE:UC.

Motivate me to play it. Does it get more captivating later on, or is it steady right the way through?

Hmm.

I'm struggling to get motivated to play this. I mean, I enjoy it when I do play it, but I never can be bothered to turn it on and get started. Also, I have this psychological thing in games like this with set save points - "Can I be bothered to play until the next save point? Probably not...better not continue" so progress is really slow. I'm still only on Bryyo. I wanted to get it finished before Zack and Wiki arrived but thats looking really unlikely. Plus I still haven't finished RE:UC.

Motivate me to play it. Does it get more captivating later on, or is it steady right the way through?

I'd say it does motivate you further on. Once more awesome abilities begin to unlock.

Yeah, Bryyo isn't especially motivating, but it really pulls you in further on.

Motivate me to play it.

OK:

Play it or I'll break your legs. :grin:

Something that kept me going for a while was the thought of getting the Spider Ball again (even though I had no idea if it was actually in this game (and I'm not saying it is)). I love the Spider Ball.

The Spider Ball is in the game

This game looks so interesting...

Finally, a good Storyline to a Metroid game O_O

I will buy this one, but first, i have to buy the rest on my Wish List :)

What? Corruption has one of the most generic storylines in the Metroid games. Go play Metroid Fusion, now there's a good story for a Metroid game.

This game looks so interesting...

Dude, I'm no age discriminator, but you really couldn't know... MP3's storyline really isn't all that, Fusion and Prime 2 were far more gripping.