NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I think you're really underappreciating the game. Ridley is awesome, sure, but there are some sheer brilliant fights later on.

which fights?

The fights against that three sphere dude was EPIC, for example. Also loved the shapeshifter boss, Ridley second encounter and the final boss.

Nah, if I fought them without seeing Prime & Echoes first then I'd say they were epic. However, they was no Thardus, there was no Quadraxis, or triple Dark Samus encounters.

OK, the orb guy could be quite tricky, but was nothing majorly special. The shapeshifting thing was pretty cool, but thats all it was, a thing. What connection did it have with the game. Then there was Ridley part 2, which had already been done in Prime.

Thardus is hugely overrated, he just has convincing presentation. Dark Samus was rather lame in MP2. I agree Quadraxis owns though. MP2 has so many awesome bosses, the Emperor Ing is probably the best 'final' boss of the series.

I'd say Prime has been the best boss of the series! Followed by Meta Ridley (from the first game) and then Quadraxis and the Omega Pirate!

Thardus is hugely overrated, he just has convincing presentation. Dark Samus was rather lame in MP2. I agree Quadraxis owns though. MP2 has so many awesome bosses, the Emperor Ing is probably the best 'final' boss of the series.

Take back those words! Did you play Thardus on Hard? He was awesome! How was Dark Samus lame?

Lies all lies!

lol oh well

Sheegoths were cool

Nothing matched thardus, Flaahgra, Omega Pirate, Metroid Prime, Alpha Blogg, Amorbis, Chykka and emporor ing as you mentioned.

Thardus is really lame. All the snow is pretty cool, but it's just prize shooting his parts and frantically try to dodge his rolling attack with morph ball.

Also, Flaahgra is nothing particularly exciting, and the Alpha Blogg and Amorbis aren't the most exciting bosses of MP2 either (think Boost and Spider Guardians with Quadraxis and the Emperor).

He is the most infamous boss in Metroid History.

And to say Thardus is lame when you fight that warping thing is hypocritical (real word?)

Warping thing?! I meant to say that defeating Thardus is a monotonous job that doesn't require much skill or intelligence, thus my use of 'lame'. He has great boss design, but he's really overrated. I don't see his appeal.

I'm still half way through this game! :)

I don't think i'll have much time to give it the play it deserves until the Summer now really! :D

What i have played so far is Great!

The fights against that three sphere dude was EPIC, for example. Also loved the shapeshifter boss, Ridley second encounter and the final boss.

I thought the game was awesome and I thought it was better than MP2 but not better than the first. I wasn't sure I liked the bosses as much or the way they were so structured in their appearance (i.e you knew when they'd appear).

Oh I loved Thardus and the original Ridley in the first.

someone speaking sense!

Im now at the Orb one

My god, epic as hell, can be hard, can be stupid, but damnit, this is even better than Meta Ridley ^^, even in Normal, this game is super hard.

Gonna try to finish him off now

(BTW: Is this the infamous "Balls" one?)

Same here. Thardus rules, and Ridley does even more.

OMG, defeated the Orb Boss, and now i am diferent, im looking at the visor and i have a big scar near my eye, AWESOME!!!

I can't wait to see how she's gonna be almost at the end of the game xD

Just wanna remind you chaps to keep up with the use of spoiler tags, not everyone viewing and posting in the thread has completed Corruption yet.

Thardus was a decent old boss fight, but once you figured it out it was simple and somehow less impressive. :heh:

Party on.

I'm sorry but the shapeshifting boss was one of the worst and derivative bosses in the game, it was lazy to reuse bosses and not even reuse the better bosses. It could have all been moulded together much more organically with her constant evolving and shifting like mid attack and countering what Samus is doing.

Also the structured feel of the bosses appearances didn't quite feel like Metroid. I still think Metroid Prime was the best game of the last generation, followed closely by Resident Evil 4.

However MP3 is AMAZING and better than MP2. I'm very sad that it's sales hasn't reflected it's true greatness.

I wonder where the next Metroid title lies. 3rd person. Somehow I can feel everyone's gonna be disappointed because Prime series has been of a high standard.

i would love to see a 3rd person Metroid game something really different from what it is now

Yeah what Id like to see is a metroid style GTA with more blood and less puzzles and platforming. Maybe Pinball was the way to go because I think that was the best Metroid game of this generation.

This game is so awesome, but i really think they should do a FPS.

I mean, we have Mario as Plataformer, Zelda as Adventure and Metroid as... First Person Adventure?

But, now that i think of it, Disaster is coming, so its better to maintain Metroid as it is lol

This game is so awesome, but i really think they should do a FPS.

I mean, we have Mario as Plataformer, Zelda as Adventure and Metroid as... First Person Adventure?

Metroid is Metroid, period. People get very confused with this FPS/FPA idea. Why? Metroid is what Metroid has always been from the begining, the Prime series didn't change a fucking thing. Your second sentence there makes no sense because of what I just said.