Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hate Halo1. The singleplayer is simply disgusting. Controls are nice, but the level design is so freaking newbish it makes the game a pain to play.

agreed the first halo is hugely over rated.

I do hope they add a death match or some sort of multiplayer mode

Never played Halo 1, but I have Halo 2, and it is an overrated sack of shit.

The level design in Halo: Combat Evolved, although repetitive, is fine. It's the sequel that has the poor level design. I never bothered finishing Halo 2's campaign due mainly to appalling level design.

I can't argue with that. As far as the single-player campaign goes, the game wasn't fit for release and most certainly wasn't a worthy sequel to Combat Evolved.

Also, inspite of its graphics engine being technically superior to that of the first game, it's an uglier looking game.

The single player or co-op in both of them suck, Halo:CE especially.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, is amazing on both of them. Halo 2 on Xbox Live is the best thing ever!

I actually got banned on a Xbox forum for saying the single player in Halo:CE was boring, bland and repetitive once.

The single player or co-op in both of them suck, Halo:CE especially.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, is amazing on both of them. Halo 2 on Xbox Live is the best thing ever!

I actually got banned on a Xbox forum for saying the single player in Halo:CE was boring, bland and repetitive once.

I thought the multiplayer on the first one was a bit soul-less, imo. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I thought I would, which left quite a sour taste in my mouth. I've sorta resented Halo since that.

Haha about the banning, though. You are right, I found the single player a bit tiresome.

Jeez am I the only one that loved the single player game in Combat Evolved?

Probably not, I think there's always going to be indifference when it comes to that.

Well, what did you like about it?

I found the levels a bit too large. Outdoor levels were great looking, but due to the length of the missions, I found myself getting bored and just wanted to finish the damn objectives. Using the vehicles was cool, and is one of the only few things I like about the games.

I think the indoor levels were a bit cack. Gets very repetitive very quickly, even more so due to long levels.

When I start a level, I usually think this:

Wow, looks great, gonna kick some arse > ok, slightly bored > hmm, cant be arsed now.

Exploration

Interesting environments

Great music

to name a few

The environments were pretty much the same as metorid prime... with a little more variety, perhaps. Level design was good too.

Music was different, yes, but still not exactly terrible. I haven't played it in a while, so I can't really remember it, but I didn't have any problems with it at the time.

As for exploration... it wasn't as open as the GC ones, but the level design was just as good, and I didn't have much of a problem with being guided through it... it had puzzles and shit instead.

Probably not, I think there's always going to be indifference when it comes to that.

Well, what did you like about it?

It's challenging and epic, the actual combat is fantastic imo and it generally feels like a true adventure as I found it really immersive.

Jeez am I the only one that loved the single player game in Combat Evolved?

I can only talk about #2, but I found it to have boring uninteresting level design, crap enemies, crap guns, crap story, crap characters, and for some strange reason the look sens was messed up.

I found the first few levels pretty immersive, but it gets really repetetive after that.

I liked the second level in Halo 2, but that was it. I especially hate the levels where you have to play as that other alien thingy.

I thought the multiplayer on the first one was a bit soul-less, imo. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I thought I would, which left quite a sour taste in my mouth. I've sorta resented Halo since that.

Haha about the banning, though. You are right, I found the single player a bit tiresome.

The multiplayer on the first one needed at least 8 players, meaning two Xbox's. Its so much easier to do that with XBL and Halo 2. :heh:

Stocka, some of the levels on Halo:CE were good, but running through that coridoor 3 times in 3 seperate levels put me off slightly.

Hunters' aim was to fill the gap on the DS, an FPS. Metroid was the logical step.

It didn't fuck with Prime's integrity as a series.

I know this is rare, but I agree with him.Hunters was always supposed to be a multiplayer game and that's where it excels, the singleplayer is like an extra. Now I want a 2D Metroid on DS.

I know this is rare, but I agree with him.Hunters was always supposed to be a multiplayer game and that's where it excels, the singleplayer is like an extra. Now I want a 2D Metroid on DS.

I think we all do... too bad that dread got dumped.

Retro Studios is too good to not make this good. When it comes out it will have the best graphics to date on the wii, the story is always good. Love scanning everything, its really interesting with the lores.

EDIT: ive said this about a thousand times

news is so scant on this at the moment. this thread should be called

'same shit, different day'

Retro Studios is too good to not make this good.

Ah yes, that's what I forgot to mention. In hunters it's so obvious that it hasn't been made by Retro Studios.

Anyway, back to Corruption, I really hope we get it like Mayish but I can't see Metroid or Mario being released till autumn/winter unfortunately.

I think you will find that the majority of people who actually loved Metroid Prime Hunters are the ones that have never played any other proper FPS games.

agreed.hunters is probablt the best fps on a handheld but as a metroid game it sucks.i hate it.the one player is so bad it isn't funny and the controls honestly hurt

er what i will say for halo:Ce is that the co-op is enjoyable.the mutiplayer is terrible.Timesplitters is the game for split screen action.

The environments were pretty much the same as metorid prime... with a little more variety, perhaps. Level design was good too.

Music was different, yes, but still not exactly terrible. I haven't played it in a while, so I can't really remember it, but I didn't have any problems with it at the time.

As for exploration... it wasn't as open as the GC ones, but the level design was just as good, and I didn't have much of a problem with being guided through it... it had puzzles and shit instead.

My god it's a fact that the ds one is one of the worst metroids.Including the handheld effort.(maybe better than pinball which is the only metroid i have never played)

level design is nowhere near as good.

Ah yes, that's what I forgot to mention. In hunters it's so obvious that it hasn't been made by Retro Studios.

Anyway, back to Corruption, I really hope we get it like Mayish but I can't see Metroid or Mario being released till autumn/winter unfortunately.

One thing is for sure... it was not in Q1 NoE roadmap.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!