Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way the Cube can pull off all those character models with proper shadows and with a good poly count each. The textures look crap and the tree is a sprite - the game is probably too ambitious for a console with only 24mb of main RAM. I'm just hoping the game gets a significant graphical upgrade on the Revolution TBH.

That depends on the used graphic engine and the work you put into the game. You can for example use dynamic polygons - so if you are very far away you see people which consist of only a few polygons and if you get near someone and have only 2-3 people in your view those consist of more polygons. This was done in the game Messiah from Shiny. Furthermore you could use techniques from the GTA series - only render what you can see so if people are behind something they won't be rendered. This was a very big issue in GTA3 (without a patch) because everything was rendered which means that if you looked in a direction everything behind houses and stuff was rendered too.

I don't worry too much about the power of the GC because it already showed what it can do. If it comes to shadows my PC nature tells me less is better because I don't really need super good shadows but instead I prefer black circles under a charcter. Speeds things up and still looks okay but saves a massive amount of performance.

Depending on the world size, sounds, textures I would prefer Zelda: TP to be on 2 discs.

I am 22 :wink:

Can I see a Goron on the left? It is a bit green though. Ate some bad rocks.

It looks like a walrus to me. :wink: or some kind of fat otta, beaver type animal...

The image definately looks like a Gamecube screenshot to me. I'm still hoping for a April/May/June/July release....... ::shrug:

It's pretty much a given that there will be more screenshots/videos/information on Twilight Princess at the GDC conference because the new Official Nintendo Magazine reports that it will have a big Zelda preview in its second issue.

Hopefully we'll be able to survive on that information until E3 and Twilight Princess will be released so after that. :laughing:

It's pretty much a given that there will be more screenshots/videos/information on Twilight Princess at the GDC conference because the new Official Nintendo Magazine reports that it will have a big Zelda preview in its second issue.

Hopefully we'll be able to survive on that information until E3 and Twilight Princess will be released so after that. :laughing:

The new NOM is out March 16th, GDC is like March 20th or something

The fact it's still not out fills me with nothing but concern and slight agitation. Nintendo are really pushing it with this.

Yeah, but you know you'll still buy it and a Revolution if you need one to play it.