NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Knowing Nintendo they'll find out a way to make it work on one disc or 2 discs (which I think will be the case) the way that ToS was done

You can't compare the 2. DIdn't TOS use FMv's and such?

When Nintendo says 80 hours they usually mean 80 hours if you suck at videogames and 40 hours if your an average gamer

It will be one disc. As people have said, it doesn't have speech or FMV, they are the things that take up space. 1.5GB is easily enough space for Zelda.

Not sure if this has been posted but looks like April is out the question

Today, several online retailers changed the pre-order date for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Originally predicting an April 2006 release (some even pegged April 15), Walmart.com, EBGames.com, and Gamestop.com have all changed their product pages to June 1, 2006 as of 6 PM EST.

June 1 falls on a Thursday ,videogames are notoriously released on Tuesdays in the US so this looks like yet another placeholder date.

Just so people know, even in the remote chance the game does take up 2 discs (which from what I recall, would make it the first Nintendo developed game so far to do so), there's not a chance in HELL it'd even come anywhere close to needing 3, not even remotely so.

erm.. no.. i was just referring to the last gamecube zelda game we waited for, that took us all a week or so to finish.

NOT all zeldas! jeeze OoT took me like half a year at least haha

I think Twilight Princess will be longer than Ocarina of Time.

...Well thats what Nintendo seem to be saying, and it bloody should what with the delays and all.

ahhh children...

Since all the cutscenes are rendered at real time, and there is no voice, like someone said already, it will definatly fit on 1 disc. you do realise that after 5 years, nintendo must be the best at knowing how to compress all the code they need for zelda, and fit a giant world into 1 disc. look at resident evil 4, that game was suprisingly long for a game of that quality, (example would be max payne 2, highly polished, but a bit short)

Nintendo will know how to compress a massive world onto 1.5 gig disc, which is frankly quite a lot. lets take this for example. World of warcraft, now im not saying zelda will be THAT big, but if it is a 3rd of that size, then u got 1 gig for the world theoretically.

Ahhh pleeeaaase make it as big as an offline mock MMO. Ultima IX ruled... if Zelda was that big I would cry for joy but none of you would see cos I would be locked in my room for months playing it!

To be about 3 times bigger than OOT,kinda doubtfull cause there wont be 3 times as much temples but there will be quite a lot of sidequests .On temples however I hope theyre will be a couple more than OOT

A big part of the supposed 3 times increase in length over OoT (although probably closer to 2 at max I'd think) will probably be because of the increased travelling time across the supposedly massive world, which you'll probably be travelling across constantly from location to location, likely even more often than with WW's sailing, but with more to do to make it interesting. Another thing though, is that perhaps the normal Zelda gameplay will take up just as much time as usual or more so, but the wolf parts of the game will add many, many more hours to the total playtime. I doubt they'll go half assed on those segments, after all, it does seem to be the defining feature of this title.

I remember how long I took on OoT... That game was epic, and this will be even longer :D I can't wait!! It has to be released by April, it'll be the only thing to keep me going until the Revo is finally released (hopefully Sept).

OOT of time took me a few weeks and that wasnt playing everyday,played other games as I got for christmas but I want TP to last a while so even 40-60 hours will keep me busy,I'll be playing 10 hours weekend 5 hours weekday so that will last me a week or so

Oops hang on a moment...

You know how in the trailers, there is an evil baboon with the

boomerang and then he comes to help you kill the boss of the dungeon? Well I

was wondering if every dungeon you will have to save an animal of some kind?

I'd like to save an Evil Giraffe...yes an evil herbivore

Oops hang on a moment...

You know how in the trailers, there is an evil baboon with the

boomerang and then he comes to help you kill the boss of the dungeon? Well I

was wondering if every dungeon you will have to save an animal of some kind?

I'd like to save an Evil Giraffe...yes an evil herbivore

Id like to save a penguin from the ice temple :P and a turtle from the beach temple

Yeah that's another thing I'm expecting: lot's of travelling through empty plains. Which is normal and realistic, but it gets more interesting because it's on land and horse fights are cool.

Oh wow you can play fetch with dogs! The music in the canoe section when hes rushing is dire though. Thanks for that, I never seen it before.

Trailers make me want the game even more. I need this game, right now. :P

I'm loving the look of it all. The water, the characters. :)

Seeing Link throw the dog a bone made me all warm inside. I need this game Nintedo. STAT!

Where did these videos pop up from ? Im surprised I didnt find them.But the video has made me realise how much i want the game again

I haven't watched any in-game footage since that last 'big' video was released!

It's so Zelda! I love it!

That dog looks like my one from Nintendogs! :laughing:

EGM : Speaking of Zelda, best-case scenario, it’s a few months away from the Revolution launch, worst case scenario is it’s coming out at the same time. Is there ever a point where you believe that it would be better to switch it over to Revolution? Or does it not matter, since the Revolution will be backward compatible with Cube games?

Reggie Fils-Aime (Nintendo) : Exactly. I think that our senior management has made it very clear that bringing Zelda: Twilight Princess out on GameCube is important, that we want to satisfy the GameCube fan base and have it be on that system. You’ve said the obvious, which is that [because] Revolution’s backward compatible, it will almost effectively be a launch title for Revolution. The trick will be what makes it special to play on Revolution, and to the extent that we could create something like that, boy, wouldn’t that be fantastic? Certainly one of the things that I would love to see is something that makes Zelda, when it’s played on Revolution, do something magical. And I think that any Nintendo fan would love to see that.

Source: http://www.jeux-france.com/news14408_zelda-gamecube-compatible-revolution.html

Sounds good and bad... bad because its might not come out till the Revo gets here and good because there might be some extra stuff when played on the Revo... maybe fishing with the Revo controler!!

Zelda with the Rev controller sounds awful without the camera control. There is of course the shell, but you there's a lot you can't do without the freehand controller.

So lets be honest with ourselfs here, Zelda: TTP isn't going to be released till Late September on Gamecube, so that is nearly a year delay and it's close to a November Revolution launch date! (My guess November 3rd 2006). That interview section Cube_game posted 100% confirms that.

So i'm going to stop getting excited because it certainly isn't going to be released April/March and i doubt it will be released in the summer.

Very dissapointed, as it was delayed by a 95% confirmed date by Nintendo, and now we have to wait even longer! (confirmed more then once, theres actually a interview with someone big from Nintendo (could be Reggie) stating that it's definately coming out November 2005, which was aload of rubbish).

The game being delayed to add more stuff etc..is great don't get me wrong but this is what i think:

-Zelda: TTP should be released on the Gamecube early 2006 (May the latest) and shouldn't be linked with the Revolution in anyway. Nintendo fans have waited since November to be told a new date for a game which was 95% confirmed to come out in November 05, i believe we have been unfairly left in the dark.

-A new Zelda should be in the works specifically for the Revolution, with graphics which show the power of it and gameplay which goes with the Revolution controller.

It just seems they are using this Zelda: TTP to sell more Gamecubes, help sell the Revolution and make us wait even longer for a Revolution 'only' Zelda. Everything to help out themselves really and not the consumer.

I'm not impressed. (Of course i will be with the Game, but i'm not impressed with the way they are thinking).

EDIT: This is my opinion, i'll know most of you will disagree. :D