NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I never really had a problem with the water temple, either. I've heard that a lot of people found that difficult, and a few also hated the great bay dungeon in majora's mask. I loved both, and i thought they were excellent dungeons.

I never really had a problem with it too. The only bit that lost me for a few minutes was raising a block to go under it when I was trying to get on top of it... clever me! haha

One of my favourite temples is Dragon Roost Cavern in WW. As someone said earlier, it just had a fantastic feel to it, something that sticks in my memory really well! Of course I loved OoT's temple's too, they felt so epic, they had a real grand scale!

Dungeons in other games just seem in-comparable.

I'm looking for a serious answer here, how many other games have such enjoyable dungeons? i certainly cant think of any. You know the classic Boss's amazing puzzles, sense of achievement and atmosphere.

hmmm, Oblivion?... nope.... Final Fantasy?... certainly not.

I honestly dont think there is another series/games out there that is comparable.

I found the boss easy. Maybe i was just using some kind of trick, but i don't even remember how where we supposed to beat it.

The boss from the Water Temple in MM IS easy, the timing for what you have to do is what's tricky in that fight. But no big deal.

Ironically enough, I think the first boss is the hardest in MM. Even now, 6 years later, I find that fucking boss a chore.

I can't really remember the details, all I remember is that he kept swallowing Link and doing massive damage and I cursed a lot!

Haha, this made me laugh. :grin: Lucky for us it wasn't a giant crab. :hehe:

Also, I would like to advise people NOT to use guides for OoT, Water Temple or not. I played that game in a time when I didn't even know guides existed. True I got a bit stuck in the Water Temple at the time and it was exactly the same that kav82 said. But all you have to do is watch the water raising and dropping cut scenes carefully and you'll see it. Man, I remember even today the first time I spotted that cut scene! I felt so stupid for not having seen it before but at the same time so rewarding. The funniest part is that all my mates were stuck in the same part! I'd say it's the only tough part (or key) of that dungeon or at least the toughest.

The trick to complete the Water Temple is to do the maximum amount of stuff before changing the water level. The Temple's main room, before you venture beyond it, has four sides so explore each of those four sides at each of the three water levels. That's about all I can say without spoiling anything.

in its time, the water temple was hard. as with the one in MM, but now playing them again, they are easy as.

never had trouble on the MM-fish boss. the only thing that could be considered tricky is learning to 'fish leap' out of the water.

ie. where you are under water, aim yourself for the surface, and fly out of the water, landing on the platform.

most enjoyed zelda temple and boss for me would have to be the spirit temple.

Don't know about anyone here but does anyone prefer the 2D dungeons to the 3D dungeons? Challenging dungeons like those in A Link To The Past and Link's Awakening (Eagle's tower) I found a lot more fun. Of course I still love the amazing 3D dungeons in OoT...

Don't know about anyone here but does anyone prefer the 2D dungeons to the 3D dungeons? Challenging dungeons like those in A Link To The Past and Link's Awakening (Eagle's tower) I found a lot more fun. Of course I still love the amazing 3D dungeons in OoT...
well... I find Water temple in OoT and MM and stone Tower in MM to be just as challenging, and I hope they put in some hard as hell dungeons in the upcoming Zelda TP.

I found the 2D dungeons harder, but i didn't neccessarily find them more enjoyable. I would have to say that i enjoyed exploring the dungeons in 3D.

I found the 2D dungeons harder, but i didn't neccessarily find them more enjoyable. I would have to say that i enjoyed exploring the dungeons in 3D.

He's speaks and it is true.

I love the 2D dungeons in A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening but i liked the 3D ones better. They'r just... one more axis, but it makes all the diference, lot's of more original ideas.

I want a sequel in TP to the water temple... Pretty please Nintendo:bowdown:

I prefer 3D dungeons. Favorite Zelda dungeon has got to the Spirit Temple. Brilliant atmosphere, amazing music, deathly scary enemies and the most kick ass boss EVER. Plus, you got to play as Young Link again.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo have got in store for Twilight Princess. The standard of the WW temples were higher than OoT and MM imo but none of them really sticked out as much as the Spirit Temple.

I make your words mine.

Got a lot further on Majora's Mask late this afternoon. I'm in the Stone Temple and it's so ace when the whole temple flips over and you re enter and the sky is below you :D Fecking awesome

Got a lot further on Majora's Mask late this afternoon. I'm in the Stone Temple and it's so ace when the whole temple flips over and you re enter and the sky is below you :D Fecking awesome

I remember that! It's great, i remember i thought to myself: "Hey!! The sky is under my feet!!". And then i purposedly jumped and fell to the sky to see what happened.

A fall to the sky... sounds weird, doesn't it?

I fpund the water temples easy, the one I had a bit of a problem with was the shadow temple...I played throught it agian a year later and was ashamed of myself for taking so long with that one. I loved the Stone Temple in MM.

I never really had a problem with the water temple, either. I've heard that a lot of people found that difficult, and a few also hated the great bay dungeon in majora's mask. I loved both, and i thought they were excellent dungeons.

Yeah, I loved both aswell, they are very very cool.

I seriously recommend you use a guide to complete that dungeon. Not that it's hard, but it's possible that you won't be able to get all the small keys, if you get them in a certain order. If that happens, you won't be able to unlock a certain door (which you need to go through), and thereby you won't be able to complete the dungeon, meaning that if you saved it, you would have to start your entire game again. This happenned with me :(.

Could you do me a favour Zell and STOP copying what I say at school and putting it on these forums, because it sometimes gets a little annoying, because that happened to me, NOT you (you also did this in the Brawl thread by saying that you wanted Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee in the game, which is what I said at school and have been saying for AGES!!!!!).

Anyway, best dungeon ever is the Spirit temple in Ocarina, which is simply amazing (especially in Master Quest). The music was just awesome! :D

er i dont realy like majoras mask that much (hated the save system, only at first temple)

3d and 2d dungeons are quite different link uses his items differently in 3d than in 2d.

before i got my cube and collecters addition i never played a zelda before i didn't play much since then on oot but i played it lots this year. i've beat forest temple i'm at the boss in fire temple i'm stuck in ice cavern i have the lene of truth but i've never been to the shadow temple and im stuck trying to kill the last red guard in the fortress (keeps sending me back to jail.). love the game though i'm probably going to be the first in my school to get a wii and tp.

what i want to see in tp is biger feild towns areas ect. lots of side quests and the ability to do many dungeons in different orders. many new items and also maybe nintendo shoul release the fishing pond demo on the vc.

when you say raising and lowering water it reminds me of the lime stone cave in tales of phantasia and shoal cave in ruby saphire and emerald.

Could you do me a favour Zell and STOP copying what I say at school and putting it on these forums, because it sometimes gets a little annoying, because that happened to me, NOT you (you also did this in the Brawl thread by saying that you wanted Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee in the game, which is what I said at school and have been saying for AGES!!!!!).

Anyway, best dungeon ever is the Spirit temple in Ocarina, which is simply amazing (especially in Master Quest). The music was just awesome! :D

What a coincidence, it just happenned to have happenned to the both of us then. This did happen to me, so don't go accusing things you don't know about, so don't say that it didn't happen when you clearly didn't know anything.

I may have agreed with your idea about hitmonlee and hitmonchan, but until you write it down and copyright it, I may still use it. I'm sure many other people also had that "idea" so you shouldn't label things yours and yours only as I also had that idea.

Thew... I came close to flaming there, cos that post made me pretty darn angry.

What a coincidence, it just happenned to have happenned to the both of us then. This did happen to me, so don't go accusing things you don't know about, so don't say that it didn't happen when you clearly didn't know anything.

I may have agreed with your idea about hitmonlee and hitmonchan, but until you write it down and copyright it, I may still use it. I'm sure many other people also had that "idea" so you shouldn't label things yours and yours only as I also had that idea.

Thew... I came close to flaming there, cos that post made me pretty darn angry.

Let's settle this with a game of smash next week! The winner will be cheered by his fellow man, whilst the loser will be thrown into the sewer to be fed to James..i mean Rats....

Agreed, but am going on holiday on saturday so... friday?

Anyway have to agree that the best temple in ocarina was the spirit temple, closely followed by the forest temple. There was just a feeling of epicness about them.

I don't know if anyone else had noticed this, but did anyone notice how short the Fire temple was on Master Quest, because you could skip out the last two floors :S

I guess I'm the only person who got the bonus OoT disk with the wind waker, and couldn't play it through? I loved the epic feel, etc etc.

But I didn't enjoy it enough, because I'm used to modern 3D games, where camera control doesn't suck (often) and everything is much more refined. After playing TWW and being able to play the game without the technical side getting in the way, it was a letdown. Thus, TP will rule as it combines the best of both worlds and throws in some new stuff to boot.

I played master quest right after completing WW and I still found it amazing. I only noticed the worst graphics when I turned the game on but after that nothing got in my way...The camera is not as good as in WW but is still preety good.

I still find OOT better than a huge amount of modern 3d games :)