Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sadness

Stocka

Well, it certainly didn't turn into the AAA title some people were creaming their pants over!

It was up and running though before Lionhead severed the ties.

AAA title ? Maybe not to some, but it is the sort of game that I put at the top of my purchase list, and I admit I am creaming my pants at the thought of getting my sweaty paws on Space Giraffe. : peace:

Unity:

Giraffe:

CONGRATURATION! YOU SUCCESS!

A WINNER IS YOU!

BUT OUR GIRAFFE IS

IN ANOTHER CASTLE!

Cant wait....

It was up and running though before Lionhead severed the ties.

AAA title ? Maybe not to some, but it is the sort of game that I put at the top of my purchase list, and I admit I am creaming my pants at the thought of getting my sweaty paws on Space Giraffe. : peace:

Unity:

Giraffe:

CONGRATURATION! YOU SUCCESS!

A WINNER IS YOU!

BUT OUR GIRAFFE IS

IN ANOTHER CASTLE!

Cant wait....

Well, I think both look cack. However each to their own.

BACK ON TOPIC

Sadness will never see the light of day though.

Oh and on this kinda topic - I wish they'd just cancel Duke Nukem Forever.

I'll wait and see, but... I'm certainly not forgetting this was what they tried to pass as ingame last time:

I still remember this "allegedly" in-game shot:

screen05ce7.jpg

[Click to see bigger]

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4326

What they promise doesn't mean much to me anymore, because of their past actions. I usually give support to indie developers and believe them, but I really don't think I have reasons to trust NiBRIS.

At no point did they say that was what the game will look like in your quote. They simply said they hoped it would look near to that.

At no point did they say that was what the game will look like in your quote. They simply said they hoped it would look near to that.
Same thing really, a target render like that is promising too much, promising is all they've done.

That seems concept, never in-game, but they still said that.

Indie developers can't promise everything, I mean, is Suda 51 promising Advent Children graphics?

Probably because he doesn't have a 30 million budget like, for instance, FFX had. (if he has 5 million he's lucky)

These guys have far less than that. Make promises in gameplay, make promises it'll come when ready; don't promise the moon.

Some info from GoNintendo

- 18 species of monsters, some good some bad. Your path through the game determines which monsters you see

- 2 playable characters (30 year old woman and her son, same ones we mentioned a few months back)

- Female playable character is of Polish-Hungarian descent, and spent her childhood in England.

- Game will have no loading times (I am guessing this means visible loading)

- Somewhere around 20 hours in length

- Majority of the game will have you playing as the female

- Game will have voice acting

- Expect Sadness to have a lot of fog, and to closely match concept images

- Soundtrack will be performed by an orchestra

More promises... I seriously doubt the studio has anywhere near the budget for a 20 hour, voice-acted, orchestrated game.

We can see the artists can draw very well - maybe they should consider starting a comic studio instead of a game studio...

I think we'll see it released.

Yea. And it will either be fantastic, or it will suck.

It'll probably be snapped up by someone like UbiSoft soon after they show the game.

If the game doesn't happen now, Nibiris will probably die...which should motivate them.

Orchestras come cheap these days. They could even be doing it out of free will for free.

I'll vouch for that....For the price of an appearance in the credits a lot of artists will perform without cash involvement as it adds to their portfolio.

Same goes for voice acting.

I just hope the mentioned fog is used for atmospheric purposes and not to disguise graphical shortcomings.

I still dont see what is to be gained by stringing the world along with a hoax game (for the ones pessimistic of how serious the project is)........

..Unless of course they are looking to get jobs in advertising or as political party broadcast moguls.

C'mon guys don't be mean, it's a new company we're talking about we should be encouraging them.

But as what has been said They only make promises and only promises and show you images and expect the game to look like that.

I still think this game is a conspiracy. Someone is pulling our chain

But as what has been said They only make promises and only promises and show you images and expect the game to look like that.

I still think this game is a conspiracy. Someone is pulling our chain

The thing that gets me is how a game like this, of which we have seen absolutely nothing what-so-ever can gather so much hype and momentum and people say they are looking forward to it.

Looking forward to what exactly?

The game is probably looking like crap that's why they don't show pics. I'm sure it won't be a graphical wonder either way, but I remember the first Too Human showing. They were better off not showing it.

Now, I don't have any expectations about this game at all, I mean, we haven't seen anything about it!

The thing that gets me is how a game like this, of which we have seen absolutely nothing what-so-ever can gather so much hype and momentum and people say they are looking forward to it.

Looking forward to a possible game that sounds conceptually good.

They announced the intention to develop Sadness for the Wii approx 12 months ago, which considering It took Silicon Knights 5 years to get Eternal darkness onto the shelf is fair play.

If it doesnt come out, Nibris wont have been the first company to announce and then not release the very same product.

However, each to their own...

I'm looking forward to seeing how realistic the trees are and whether the leaves blow in the wind or not. If they don't, I will be majorly disappointed.

It will be interesting to see how a game that is supposedly portrayed in black and white will turn out. This is the only reason I am interested in it to be honest.