Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Photography.

Nintendork

I agree. The second is definatly the best (and would probably look better in B&W and with the bins removed).

The first is interesting in a gross way but the third looks like (excluding the bit in the corner) the wall of your standard undecorated flat/hospital/office.

They fit in perfectly (except maybe the closest, as it's sightly cut-off, which is distracting), as the green is modulated throughout the entire image.

The closest is definately the most offputting.

As I see it. Without the bins it would look like a nice snow day. With the bins it looks like garbage day...

Hmm, I only find the bin in the bottom corner to be a bit annoying, but the others don't really take away from the picture.

I have a photo! I rarely take them, so yeah.

For our Composition/Image Analysis class we were told to take a picture of a room or environment that means something to us, that is connected to our youth or brings us memories or something. And then we were asked to change something in that room, to change the feeling we get from it (we could use anything to change it).

I picked the wooden shed in the back of our garden, since it always used to scare me as a kid (it's dark in there and full of cobwebs). But to change the feeling of that room, I put a yellow lamp outside the window at night, so the room would suddenly feel a bit less cold, a tiny bit more safe. Or something. =P

IMG_0073.jpg

Is the result. And it's kinda hard to see what is what, but that's the point I think, haha.

Now I have to go and write an analysis of this image, funnnn. =P

• 4 weeks later...
Not an amazing piece of photography but just found this again. I stumbled upon this scene during the summer and it reminds me of a Ghibli/Kafka on the Shore (Murakami novel);

n536116492_948356_170.jpg

Wow, that really is reminiscent of Kafka on the Shore. I always though Oshima was a great character.

Anyhoo, I might take some pictures once I get hold of my camera again and have a free moment.

Nice butterfly shot Link, those insect shots where they sit and pose like that are really exciting to take. It's nice to be accepted by nature. I'm hoping to visit a butterfly farm in a couple of weeks and want to get some nice macro shots of bugs too.

I really like the cat pic. The plants are beautiful and they have that lovely green like the ones in Totoro.

• 3 weeks later...

Has the 1 photo per day rule gone out of the window? I don't want to miff anyone on my first day!

Here is a few of mine anyway, I'll edit this post if it is still 1 a day.

One of the pictures for my Photography course. My chosen theme was "light paintings/light graffiti. This was taken on my Film SLR and scanned in so it's not the best quality. No photoshop work on it either, it's exactly how it came off the film.

2599_139875330340_687920340_6273807_2774798_n.jpg

A few from my day out in London. Some photoshopping for the levels and stuff.:

2599_140161705340_687920340_6281198_7010094_n.jpg

This one needs some contrast adding. I'm too lazy though so it's going up as it is.

n687920340_5951950_5684.jpg

A snow picture of my Grandads back garden leading out to the field behind:

n687920340_5856780_5549.jpg

My cousins car and mine:

n687920340_6126186_4764695.jpg

If you want to see any more just ask, or you can see the best ones here

Edited by Goafer