NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

Only: Digital, Still and Scanned, Lomo, Holga, Polaroid, Medium format, SLR and disposable photographs.

Rules (yes we need them and they are not negotiable.)

1. One photo a day.

2. Don't go overkill with the resolution.. I wont be prescriptive because anyone who works with digital images will understand that a line has to be drawn someone- if you aren't willing to compromise use a thumbnail link.

3. No heavy photo manipulation.

4. No webcams (sorry emo kids but we don't want a new self portrait of you every day holding your camera above your head in purple with high contrast from your webcam)

5. No photos of your desk or the surrounding environment of your computer chair.

FAQ.

Q. What is a photograph?

A. Go away.

Q. Where can I upload my photographs?

A. http://imageshack.us/ or http://flickr.com/ are two of the best sites for hosting images for free. These services also offer various resizing facilities as Shorty pointed out.

Q. How do I get my digial photos on the computer?

A. Read the manual that came with it.

Q. What can I use to fix my photographs digitally?

A. Adobe have a wide range of photo software but they come with an extremely high price, free alternatives include Google's Picasa and The GIMP which is an open source alternative to Photoshop.

Q. Does my photograph need an 'arty' title?

A. Not at all, you don't need to be an artist to take photographs and definitely not to take a good photograph. If you prefer just let us know some background information you'd like to share about how you captured it and where.

Q. What is an example of a good photograph format for this thread?

A. I'm glad you asked :)

1359446046b82af672d7nw.jpg

Double exposure taken, digital blending in photoshop. Lumix FZ20

I hav some pictures but i dont no how to resize them to make them fit on this thread :( please help! Cool photo sarkas_girly

I hav some pictures but i dont no how to resize them to make them fit on this thread :( please help! kool photo sarkas_girly

I'd suggest using imageshack.us or photobucket.com to upload your pictures, as they can be resized automatically when uploaded. Otherwise you need an app like the two suggested in OP's FAQ to resize them yourself.

As I have little time for much else, most of mine will be gig-photos.

This particular one was taken just under two weeks ago. Added a greyscale layer (on overlay) over the top to give it some more oomph. I like the angle, and the kind of trance-like state hes in (and the sparkly top).

photo27047zh.th.jpg

The original can be seen (in part) in my sig.

Whey! A photo i took of shola's penalty Newcastle v West brom :)

Hmmm....im using that flickr thing how do i get the photos bigger?

Whey! A photo i took of shola's penalty Newcastle v West brom :)

Hmmm....im using that flickr thing how do i get the photos bigger?

When you go to a photograph's individual page- at the top of the photo click 'all sizes' then it will bring up the code so you can paste it on a forum for example.

You can then choose the size from a variety of sizes, then below the image you'll see html (which won't work on the forum) and a direct link to the image.

screenshot917ou.jpg

Flickr FAQ.

here is a pic i took while in NYC with platty, it was taken with my digital camera and in sepia mode.

DSC00098.JPG

A photo i took in florida and despite the advice i still couldnt get it big ::shrug:

N00b at heart i guess ;)

john3copy.jpg

This one is of my Bro in his room. I took it with my new camera. Its two pictures that I just blended togther. When I took the one on the left, I left the shutter open for 2 seconds.

Though the resolution for this pic is really high and photobucket just shrunk it which is why its not as crisp as the real photo.

A photo i took in florida and despite the advice i still couldnt get it big ::shrug:

N00b at heart i guess ;)

It's probably because you're using the attach image thing. Try just posting the image link inside img tags.

Nice Islands of Adventure picture by the way.

136489013_49cad081d1.jpg

A photo i took of the floridian sun, while in a car i think.

Hmmmm doesnt seem as clear as it could (should?) be.

136319722_67f24134ee.jpg

Taken Thursday when the Sun was out, first time I had ever noticed this field in my village so I thought I'd walk through it. Just classic with some interesting focus.

I thought it was a little like a tree. Sarkas that is some really isolated place to live- looks rather peaceful. Nice work Mario- seemless.

Great contributions everyone.

Taken Thursday when the Sun was out, first time I had ever noticed this field in my village so I thought I'd walk through it. Just classic with some interesting focus.

I thought it was a little like a tree. Sarkas that is some really isolated place to live- looks rather peaceful. Nice work Mario- seemless.

Great contributions everyone.

looks very cool :D , respect!

136550873_63902e6a4a.jpg

More from my trip to York. I don't have the best technologies, but we'll see how this Waiter gig turns out.

the clouds outside have gone really wierd :/

clouds.jpg view from my house

Nintendork that picture is awsome. I love up close photos of nature on days that are cloudy, like when it seems like its going to rain or after its rained. I have some on the film thats in my camera but its still got half a roll left.

Well I have a couple in my digital cam.

winterscene.jpg

That was actually to test how my cam would cope with getting a shot against a bright light source. And it was probably -30'C outside when that was taken. I did a manipulated version of it. But I don't want to break the rules. IMO the manipulation wasn't heavy but won't risk it. It looks like it's afternoon but actually was taken at 10-11 am.