Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Photography.

Nintendork

Seeing as I have no friends over the summer (im a loner :P) I am taking photos instead;

n536116492_948354_4897.jpg

n536116492_948355_7447.jpg

Those two are part of my walk home. T'is nice and scenic.

And this one was from the carnival over the weekend. It reminds me of a Friedlander (I think...from around that era. My photography history is slipping away) just because of the composition:

n536116492_948361_1632.jpg

And this one was from the carnival over the weekend. It reminds me of a Friedlander (I think...from around that era. My photography history is slipping away) just because of the composition:

n536116492_948361_1632.jpg

I think that's a very powerful photo. At first you wish that woman weren't so awkwardly blocking full-view of the beautiful parade, but then you could interpret it (I know it wasn't staged, but I like drawing conclusions) as Parent(hood) vs. Child(hood). A less perfect and fanciful world awaits than the parade float would like to believe. Then issues of feminism could be adressed; there is a man on the float, a father-figure, enjoying his view and position as much as the young people. There is a clear divide between the mother-figure in the foreground, out of sync, and the father figure. It could be interpreted as feminist; Women see past the fanciful and dreams, and get on a do it, despite that they have often been portrayed as doing the opposite?

EDIT; Notable is the fact the woman is walking away (though towards us, also notable), while the children watch, still happy. Some significance could also be in the fact the father-figure is pointing to where the mother-figure is headed...are they mocking her/her destination?

EDIT2; The woman and the crowd are a huge distance apart, with only her deviating from either the crowd or the float. Again, this could be a feminist statement against following the "set pattern" for women and wives, to raise a family. She's walking away from the children and the father, and even though the father points (maybe he's supportive on the outside, but not really), no one else is following.

Sorry, I was inspired.

I think that's a very powerful photo. At first you wish that woman weren't so awkwardly blocking full-view of the beautiful parade, but then you could interpret it (I know it wasn't staged, but I like drawing conclusions) as Parent(hood) vs. Child(hood). A less perfect and fanciful world awaits than the parade float would like to believe. Then issues of feminism could be adressed; there is a man on the float, a father-figure, enjoying his view and position as much as the young people. There is a clear divide between the mother-figure in the foreground, out of sync, and the father figure. It could be interpreted as feminist; Women see past the fanciful and dreams, and get on a do it, despite that they have often been portrayed as doing the opposite?

EDIT; Notable is the fact the woman is walking away (though towards us, also notable), while the children watch, still happy. Some significance could also be in the fact the father-figure is pointing to where the mother-figure is headed...are they mocking her/her destination?

EDIT2; The woman and the crowd are a huge distance apart, with only her deviating from either the crowd or the float. Again, this could be a feminist statement against following the "set pattern" for women and wives, to raise a family. She's walking away from the children and the father, and even though the father points (maybe he's supportive on the outside, but not really), no one else is following.

Sorry, I was inspired.

I think your reading too deeply into it, its a good photo. Thats it to me really.

Why's it rude? It's my opinion :s

It's not rude. That was just a term I use for a laugh.

I did actually say I was reading into it when there was actually nothing to read into, so it just felt like a really pointless post. But yeah. : peace:

I said I was inspired to write something.

• 1 month later...
Amazing photographs Pyxis! And lucky you for getting to see a kestrel and being able to take such great pictures of it! =D

*jealous*

Thanks Eenuh, it actually caught a mouse while we watched it. The final pic was taken just after it landed on the mouse. This happened on the edge of a cliff by the sea and it was only a few metres away from us. It was a once in a lifetime experience.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...