Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Photography.

Nintendork

What irritates me is getting photos printed at Boots... anything I've done to the colours - cranked down saturation / contrast / whatever always gets autocorrected or changed by the staff or something. Do not want!

@ dan-likes-trees

Have you got a Wilkinsons Photo near you?? They dont mess with the colours & also print out in original format ie:- if you shoot in a different format other than 6x4, 5x7 etc or crop your photos you get them printed that way and the quality of the prints are way better. Slightly more expensive than Boots or Asda but worth it.

The last one is brilliant, very saw like.

I do love looking around insane asylums, so creepy but interesting.

EDIT: Gio try snapfish online, I've had quite a few photos done by them, if you sign up you get 40 free photos (you have to pay 99p postage) I've signed up with two different accounts, they turn up in a couple of days.

They aren't amazing if the photo is difficult to print (like I have some 3d model pictures I wanted printing) but ordinary photos are great, they don't change them either.

:)

Haha, indeed, I'm far more interested in large scale places though, my friend and I are hoping in the next couple of years to go to Chernobyl, but whether that'll happen.

I hope so, sod the radiation.

A friend from work wants to go early next year. Not sure whether that will happen or not. The more people that book a tour, the cheaper it is ($200 for 4 people compared to $490 for 1 or $260 for 2). You're welcome to come with us if want to help reduce the cost. People willing to share the experience are hard to come by!

A friend from work wants to go early next year. Not sure whether that will happen or not. The more people that book a tour, the cheaper it is ($200 for 4 people compared to $490 for 1 or $260 for 2). You're welcome to come with us if want to help reduce the cost. People willing to share the experience are hard to come by!

It entirely depends, next year is much a don't know what the hell is going on year as I leave uni in the April/May, so that's why my friend and I haven't committed to anything yet. :hmm:

Just to say that there pretty much all halls come with that rumour attached! Few are true.

Seething Wells Halls in Surbiton, London, UK, was originally a mental hospital in 1813. It had two main blocks, the first which was known as "block X" held class A patients. The second was known as "block B" held both class B and C patients. Block X was renowned for its high class prison state in which around 60 patients were kept tied down to their bed in one hall. Block B was less secure which allowed its patients to walk around freely until night time, where they would be restrained in similar fashion to those in block X. Most patients in Block X suffered from Mental disorder and many more. Murderers where also held if they were seen as having a mental illness.

Seething Wells is now a student halls of residence, the current blocks that students live in are were old residents of Seething Wells Mental hospital used to live. They are not in their original state after rejuvenation, however they do have the original foundations. Block X and Block B however are intact after plans to convert them were not passed. Kingston University are still trying to get permission to start work on converting them into another set of halls which would hold up to 60 students.

There has been 78 suicides at the Hospital on site, one of the most famous ones was a man called Oliver Tierny, who had chronic schizophrenia whom climbed to the top of block X and jumped off impaling himself on a fence, his body was not found until the next morning. Security was tightened after the event in order to minimize the chance of a repeat. A Nurse was also murdered in the Hospital Grounds, and was buried there as requested by the family as a memoriam to the love she had for her work. Her body is now buried in the local Surbiton Church grounds after the conversion to Student Halls was passed. The Nurse was murdered by a Thomas Griffins who was originally in Block B before being moved to Block X shortly after the Incident. He murdered her by slighting her throat using a sharpened piece of stone when she was on her evening rounds. Her body was found later on in Thomas Griffins' bed next to him.

I'm at Seething Wells. I'm in Block B. :red:

work.6190608.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Went back and re-edited an old photo of my first Scirocco. Abandoned petrol stations are awesome, especially in the fog.

Also found what appears to be ReZ playing the bass when going through my old photos:

P9037072.jpg

Edited by Goafer

Do tell. I wanted to use Polaroid for my current project (we use stills to make a film), but apparently they're expensive and the film is a bitch.

Yeah.. polaroid cameras themselves don't cost anything - I picked one up from a charity shop for £20 though the same were going on ebay for a fiver when I later looked (gutted).

However, as you say the film's an utter bitch. Polaroid stopped manufacturing film a few years ago but last year a company in the US started doing so again. It's sickeningly expensive, I got some off ebay, pack of 8 shots for 16 quid. Major ouch. And obviously it's really hard to know how they'll turn out so the money-to-good-shot ratio is pretty poor.

Anyhoo, first one I took came out really underexposed, I think possibly because I didn't cover it in darkness when it first came out of the camera. I'll probably post results here once I've taken a few more... but as they're so expesnive I'm saving them for good occasions!

Yeah I've done research into it - a company called Impossible Project has made loads of film in place of Polaroid themselves...and I just remembered I have my grandad's polaroid 640 lying around, so I might invest. I'll be the belle of the ball if I use polaroid for my project, showing how hip and retro and rich I am (poor afterwards). :p