Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

SANTA MONICA, CA – June 25, 2008 – Combining the best selling game of 2007 with the world’s most popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Blizzard Entertainment®’s World of Warcraft®, players across the globe will soon be shredding to a free downloadable track for Activision Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock.

World of Warcraft players will remember the hit “I am Murloc” as the tongue-in-cheek tribute to the beloved race of fish-people by Blizzard Entertainment’s house band, Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain. The thrash metal-style song debuted to delighted attendees at Blizzard Entertainment’s BlizzCon™ 2005 gaming convention in Anaheim, CA.

Rock stars will be able to rip it up to “I am Murloc” by downloading it on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system starting on June 26, 2008 in advance of the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational held in Paris, France June 28 and June 29.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you get the hang of the Biotic attacks it becomes smooth and enjoyable

I played though the game once and never figured out how to use Biotic attacks to any decent effect. And as I chose Vanguard (I think that's the name of the weapon/biotic hybrid) I was stuck with using the shotgun as my only form of attack throughout the entire game. Not fun.

I loved Mass Effect, put more hours into it than anything in a long while. Once you get the hang of the Biotic attacks it becomes smooth and enjoyable and has a great story.

Letty, you have to pay Liara a lot of attention ;) and all positive responses!

I've not used a single biotic attack yet :S I've not even tried and don't know how to use one!

Also Im gonna find Liara tonight hopefully, so thanks :D

I played though the game once and never figured out how to use Biotic attacks to any decent effect. And as I chose Vanguard (I think that's the name of the weapon/biotic hybrid) I was stuck with using the shotgun as my only form of attack throughout the entire game. Not fun.

Forshame :heh: some of the biotic attacks are awesome, like Singularity, which just makes a little ball of gravity that sucks in all enemies and crates from the whole room into a single point. I can't remember the exact controls but you hold down L or R B/T or something like that, it gives you a menu with all your attacks on (the other button changes weapons), you just point at someone while holding the button down, then use the analogue stick to select the ability.

Well, it took me a bit of understanding too. The first time I played through I was an infiltrator, I mostly used pistol (supposed to be a Sniper class, but I don't care much for the snipers in ME). Infiltrators aren't biotic classes but they have some abilities which use abilities in the same way as biotics (just like engineers have the omni-tools for science-type abilities), and all I really cared for with them was the Shield Boost (gives you full shields quickly) and Overload (blasts anything with a shield, good against robots).

But the best ability was Marksmanship, which I think was unlocked just through leveling up the Pistol ability. Again, you activate it by bringing up that menu, and it turns the crosshair red and gives you an ACC and DMG buff for a while.

When I went through it a second time I understood it much better and made better choices :)

(ended up completing it about 10 times)

Side note: finally got 10000G :D

Forshame :heh: some of the biotic attacks are awesome, like Singularity, which just makes a little ball of gravity that sucks in all enemies and crates from the whole room into a single point. I can't remember the exact controls but you hold down L or R B/T or something like that, it gives you a menu with all your attacks on (the other button changes weapons), you just point at someone while holding the button down, then use the analogue stick to select the ability.

Well, it took me a bit of understanding too. The first time I played through I was an infiltrator, I mostly used pistol (supposed to be a Sniper class, but I don't care much for the snipers in ME). Infiltrators aren't biotic classes but they have omni-tools which use abilities in the same way, and all I really cared for with them was the Shield Boost (gives you full shields quickly) and Overload (blasts anything with a shield, good against robots).

But the best ability was Marksmanship, which I think was unlocked just through leveling up the Pistol ability. Again, you activate it by bringing up that menu, and it turns the crosshair red and gives you an ACC and DMG buff for a while.

When I went through it a second time I understood it much better and made better choices :)

(ended up completing it about 10 times)

Side note: finally got 10000G :D

Haha, I use mainly pistol too!

Oh wow, I always look at that menu, but I never fully took in what it was for!! I always ended up on it when looking to change weapons. I'll have a try now though.

And well done at 10000G :awesome:

Anyone know the number for Xbox 360 customer support? My Elite is fine but a mate who I sold my spare 360 to (when I got my Elite) has had his machine come up with the 3 red lights and it's still registered to me >> anyway I said I'd return it for him and I need the number to ring so if anyone knows it that'd be cool, if not I'll find it tomorrow. :smile:

I'm amazed how long that 360 lasted actually as that was one I had a few months after launch... as for my Elite, I've had that since it launched alongside Bioshock, so quite a while now. ^^

Thanks :smile: I sorted it earlier today, they are gonna send a courier to pick it up within the next few days, glad I kept "the coffin" now :heh: with any luck they will replace it with a new or newer 360, we shall see anyway.

I read through two dream sequences, which were fairly pretentious pseudo meaningful crap, and of course, if they're the best part of Lost Odyssey, it's not much of a videogame is it?

Also; You should definitely play Mass Effect. That's an RPG done right. Great story too.

All video games are full of text :P Just like MGS gets it right with cutscenes, LO gets it right with dream stories. Each to the own though, I finished the game myself. Don't think I'm saying it's awesome, it isn't. I'm just saying it's good, nothing more.

Mass Effect just doesn't grip me yet, so I'm not in the mood to play it and what with Persona 3 FES ( The best RPG for a LONG TIME) in my collection, doubt it will be anytime soon.

UPS just picked up my mates faulty 360, what do you reckon the chances are of them sending a newer model? It was an old model with no HDMI port and it had RROD (nothing on screen) was just curious :heh: I'm guessing they might be able to fix it and send the same one back, but I bet it'll go wrong again :/ so I just figure it may be in their interests to send a slightly newer refurbed one with HDMI... or a new 360 arcade seeing as it's the same difference. :indeed:

Probably will get the same one back though was just curious if anyone had got a better one back in place of a faulty one. :)

UPS just picked up my mates faulty 360, what do you reckon the chances are of them sending a newer model? It was an old model with no HDMI port and it had RROD (nothing on screen) was just curious :heh: I'm guessing they might be able to fix it and send the same one back, but I bet it'll go wrong again :/ so I just figure it may be in their interests to send a slightly newer refurbed one with HDMI... or a new 360 arcade seeing as it's the same difference. :indeed:

Probably will get the same one back though was just curious if anyone had got a better one back in place of a faulty one. :)

They don't tend to fix em and send them back, it takes to long. Basically, people whinge if it takes more than a week for the whole process, so what they do is send you a unit that has already been refurbished and then refurbish yours and send it to someone else.

Guest Stefkov
There are demos for Lego Indiana Jones and Top Spin 3 on the marketplace now.

Awesome. I briefly read eurogamer said Top Spin was a hard game to play. I wouldn't mind a good tennis game. I'll give it a go.

...mother f...

I forgot/didn't realise demos are only for Gold accounts. I guess I'll have to use up the free month one M$ gave me.

The thing about fakes these days that always makes me laugh is that they always make it look fake by having blurry of-centre shots of a crappy 14" CRT television where you can see the scan lines. As if anyone, anywhere, is going to show off some new software on a screen like that these days.

Guest Stefkov
Demos are available for Silver accounts after a week or two.

Goes to show how much I know about the services.

It's used up now. Might aswell anyway, I don't see any other time to use it.

Been playing Condemned: Criminal Origins.

I´m in the department store chapter the one with the creepy mannequins scene.

Mannequins will never be the same do me again, I fucking panicked at that part.

I got the game about a week and a half ago, and made a post almost those exact lines. :heh:

Oh, and I got PES 2008 today, minus the in-game advertising, it's awesome. :D

Anyonegetting Command and Conquer Kanes Wrath then? That on Live will be the shizz.

Bought it yesterday, only had a chance to play the tutorial so far... I loved playing command & conquer 3.

Just noticed this on play:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3519282/Ninja-Gaiden-II/Product.html

Very good price for ninja gaiden 2! I still not completed sigma yet on the ps3 though...

Bought it yesterday, only had a chance to play the tutorial so far... I loved playing command & conquer 3.

Just noticed this on play:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3519282/Ninja-Gaiden-II/Product.html

Very good price for ninja gaiden 2! I still not completed sigma yet on the ps3 though...

Me, Nintenchris and regular player Dan1579 have it. I got it on Thursday and the achievements look much nicer. Although the story mode is still as annoying

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!