Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Tbh I don't get why people complain about long cut scenes and whether they are 90 minutes in length etc. Its part and parcel of the MGS series. Personally I love them. Its what makes MGS, MGS.

In MGS2 they felt way too long. I don't know if they really were but they bored me out of my skull.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always felt they really detract from MGS's cinematic credentials, and they're rarely even relevant. The characters bang on and on and on about nuclear war, ancient philosophy, politics, futurism, how best to pleasure your man and so on, but does any of this have anything to do with a genetically modified super soldier killing giant robots? Does it hell.

GTA4 has locked up on me around 7 times in the last week. Thankfully I have completed it so I'm not too pissed. But still. WTF?

Not only did it lock up, it then locked up as soon as I tried to play it again. I mean, didn't even get to the loading screen. Just a nasty static sound and a flash of shit on my screen for a split-second. Then nothing.

In MGS2 they felt way too long. I don't know if they really were but they bored me out of my skull.

I never got bored in MGS2. I did however find it amusing the cutscene at the end which is about 40 minutes long followed by a 2 minute boss fight which is then followed by the end cutscene of about another 30 minutes. :p

Apparently they edited it down because of 9/11 as well.

Loved every second of it though.

The only bits AFAIK they edited was the bit in New York at the very end and would only of been about 30 seconds difference.

Or right, I thought it might have been a bit longer than 30 seconds. Even if it had been another hour I still would have watched it, but I sadistic like that.

Guest Jordan

I bought GRID. Achievements are pretty easy, but its an amazing racer once you get over the learning curve.

360, youll get more out of the game with the achievments, they fit into these type of games well

Hmm, might do. Price wont be a problem, i have seen it for £30 on gameplay for wii, 360 & ps3. I prob will get it on 360, u make a good point!

EDIT: Does anyone know what the secret achievment is on Bioshock (the new one)?

360, youll get more out of the game with the achievments, they fit into these type of games well

I still baffles me how can achievments can be a factor in buying a game or even something important. It's a cool extra but nothing more than that for me.

If you said the other version's controls don't benefit the game, so go for the prettier version that would make sense :P I don't have money to buy Indy right now anyway :P

I still baffles me how can achievments can be a factor in buying a game or even something important. It's a cool extra but nothing more than that for me.

If you said the other version's controls don't benefit the game, so go for the prettier version that would make sense :P I don't have money to buy Indy right now anyway :P

It gives you more stuff to do. It's not a reason to buy a game, but it's a reason to buy a version of a game if the other option is identical apart from achievements.

Although I'd think that the controller would be good enough reason to get the 360 version every time.

Guest Jordan
I caved in and bought GRID a few minutes ago. Never heard of it, just saw a few videos and reviews on You Tube and thought it looked good.

Also i'm not one to say no to a GAME exclusive edition either.

If you like:

PGR

DiRT

Arcade racers

You'll love GRID. I sure as hell am.

CVG.com has revealed that the games publisher still has two big-hitters waiting in the wings for this year's 360 line up.

"Well placed" sources close to Microsoft have hinted that two other "big" titles are to be released before the end of the year, the games website reported yesterday.

So far, they have revealed what seems to be a solid roster for the 360 this year, with games such as Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 ranking high on everybody’s wish list.

It is believed that these two 'mystery titles' will be revealed at E3 during the pre-event conference on July 14th.

It is not yet known whether these titles will be completely new, or whether they will be expected titles that have not yet been mentioned in the line up so far – like Halo Wars for example.

It has also been speculated that one of the new titles could utilise the new ‘motion controller’ rumoured to be in the works for this year.

Heres me thinking that the 360 was going to have a weak year but its turning out that it has the most titles that im excited about.

Guest Jordan

My guess:

Splinter Cell Conviction (finally)

Prince of Persia becomes 360 exclusive.

Maybe Halo Wars?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!