Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? There's quite a few good games on there.

And a few (such as Texas Hold 'Em) are pretty close to getting 1,000,000 sales.

edit:

It appears that all the games will still be taking up space on Microsoft's servers as you'll always be able to re-download them.

The decision makes even less sense...

Well i was listening to a podcast and there are a few criteria points before your game gets put on the list. One i can remember was that there was (i think) a 6%+ conversion rate - between trial and purchase.

Guest Stefkov
I don't understand the logic in shrinking the service whilst the PSN and WiiWare only expand. :/ And they're killing off Tetris! :o

Tetris is good, don't get me wrong, but Tetris splash was horrible. I played the demo and it's like a scar on my gamercard now. Truly regret even getting the demo.

Track and Field w.t.f!

Does seem very silly to make it impossible to buy them, especially if they are still going to be on the server. The only reason I can see for it is to make the list of games shorter, so people aren't hit by hundreds of demo's to try. Then again, couldn't they just remove the unsuccessful games from the main list, make a new category for them and reduce the price a bit?

Texas Hold 'em!!! That's one of my favorite arcade games... This doesn't make any sense to me at all.

On a side note. My friends Elite this morning got the rrod.

My Elite: Sound turns off every so often

Friends Elite: RROD

Other Friends Premium: RROD

Another Friends Premium: Disk Tray is Broken

Not very impressive ms...

My Elite : has worked fine since I got one when it launched. *touches wooden object*

It's just down to luck I guess but M$ really needs to get their console failure rate down drastically still. :/

Guest Stefkov
My Elite : has worked fine since I got one when it launched. *touches wooden object*

It's just down to luck I guess but M$ really needs to get their console failure rate down drastically still. :/

It will break. It's just a matter of when.

Does seem very silly to make it impossible to buy them, especially if they are still going to be on the server. The only reason I can see for it is to make the list of games shorter, so people aren't hit by hundreds of demo's to try. Then again, couldn't they just remove the unsuccessful games from the main list, make a new category for them and reduce the price a bit?

That sounds like a much better plan. I wonder if they'll do a clearance sale kinda thing before they're phased out to see if they can rack up a lot more sales for them...

Naughty!!!!

well I think i only downloaded one game that is in danger.. Mr driller.. thought it was like the Dreamcast version.. little did i know.. on the other hand I don't think it is as bad as the reviews make it look.. but I will not cry if it dissapears from the xbla shop

Naughty!!!!

>< not "that" kind of wooden object >> if you must know it was my bed, but yeah lol I always feel it necessary to touch wood when talking about console reliability, especially where the 360 is concerned, I'm happy that mine has lasted so long but I too am wondering when it's gonna go even though it seems perfectly fine *touches wood* (again) meh it better not go any time soon as I just ordered Rock Band lol.

Guest Jordan

My GRID just got dispatched from Game (with the exclusive sleeve and book zomg.)... as if i don't have enough to play right now! >_>

EDIT: Anyone who buys from Game.co.uk, a new voucher code is up: MODGAMER

I just pre ordered Soul Calibur IV and Too Human (the latter i got for £31!). I looked through till the 1st Sept... theres only those two games across all platforms after Metal Gear Solid 4 that i actually want. Going to be a quiet Summer again.

Just had a look at The Last Remnant again. Looks like a lot of fun actually.

Give it to me then :P

I think I'll eBay it to cover a bit of the cost of Rock Band. :p

That makes it 6 games I've worked on and owed. I wouldn't be surprised if I eBay all of them tbh. I've played them all to death while working on them. :smile:

£3 off minimum spend of £30.

Ah damn. They used to have £5 ones most of the time but its been a while.

They used to do £5 vouchers for GAME in magazines, in fact I distinctly remember one time buying a £3.50 magazine, walking to the back of the queue, ripping out the voucher and then using it straight away. £1.50 off and a free magazine! :bowdown:

Europe, take a bow. That Nielsen report from the other day, the one which gave us all kinds of neat statistics on European gamers, also gives us one piece of information that's much more important: the fact that Europe has overtaken the US in terms of market size. And not even all of Europe, just the European Union, since Nielsen's poll only included countries from the continental body. Turns out that in 2007, gaming pulled in $11.4 billion in the EU, compared to "only" $10.7 billion in the US. That figure puts the EU second only to Asia in terms of size, where $11.5 billion in gaming revenue was generated during 2007. The figure's probably skewed by the fact there are nearly 500,000,000 people in the EU, who in US dollar terms are paying almost double what Americans are, but hey, we're here for numbers, not nitpicking.

I think more needs to be made of that Europeans are actually paying double what americans pay for games. So its not strictly true.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!